Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trans women in Ladies poker events

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Trans women in Ladies poker events

"Ariel" is a male-to-female trans, who wants to play an upcoming Ladies event in Florida:

https://twitter.com/eastcoastariel/status/1623675029685690369

I am not sure about these circuit stops, but I know the WSOP in Nevada only considers the gender on your ID. It does not matter how you look, what you claim, or the gender you were born as. I think that's the correct approach. It is very simple, and provides no room for bullshit. If you have gone as far to change your gender on your ID, then you can play. If you're Shaun Deeb in a dress, then you can't (or in the case of the WSOP, you have to pay 10x as much to buy in).

I was wondering how long it would be until we had a controversy about trans women -- that is, men who transitioned to become women -- in Ladies events. This is because many identifying as trans either don't want to switch to ID to say female, or haven't gotten around to doing it, or in some cases aren't allowed to by law.

Ariel and some woke SJWs are currently arguing that transwomen should be allowed in Ladies events, even if their ID says male. Ariel argues that she is in a state which only allows you to get a female ID if you can prove you had the surgery to cut your dick off, and she hasn't. Her argument is that she lives full time as a woman, has tits, and her ID shows a picture of her living as a woman.

I stated that they simply cannot allow self-identifying "trans women" to play, or otherwise this will end up getting exploited. Remember Shaun Deeb?

There is simply no way to do this without inviting abuse, other than making a female ID the requirement.

The problem is that there's no way to verify anyone's trans status without ID stating female gender. What would stop some mostly unknown male pro from showing up in a dress and makeup, and claiming he has been transitioning for awhile, and is now female? You can't leave these subjective decisions up to the tournament cashier, who is there simply to verify ID and take registration money.

I actually don't have a problem with trans women in Ladies events, provided that these are full time trans who went as far to get an ID change.

However, in cases like Ariel's where she can't get such an ID due to the lack of so-called "bottom surgery", tough luck. Ariel isn't losing out on anything. She is eligible for the same number of events as she was when she identified as male. Ariel simply can't GAIN additional eligibility to Ladies events, and that's because she lives in a state where female ID requirements are tougher. It's a case of the needs of many outweighing the wants of a few.

Opinions?

Comments

SlowRoll: deeb looks so thin in that picture.

Load Metric
    i cant believe this hasnt been an issue until now. i cant believe i didnt see this coming a thousand miles away.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    In sporting events I’m against it, it’s unfair. But poker, who cares? Even if she/he is “a man”, there is no real advantage. Are the fields weaker? Probably, but there are also some damn good women players out there. Maybe breast implants should be sufficient. If you’re willing to go that far, it’s probably safe to say you identify as a woman.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post
    In sporting events I’m against it, it’s unfair. But poker, who cares? Even if he is “a man”, there is no real advantage. Are the fields weaker? Probably, but there are also some damn good women players out there.
    The funny thing is that I'm not even against transwomen in the Ladies events.

If you have gone as far to live full time as female and have switched your ID to state this, then fine, go join the Ladies event since there's no physical advantage (unlike sports where there is one).

However, I am getting attacked by various trans and SJWs on Twitter who feel this isn't enough. They want me to support anyone being able to enter if they SAY they're female, which would allow Shaun Deeb type entries, like the picture I posted in the OP.

It is absurd to open up Ladies events to anyone who shows up and simply says, "I identify as female". If that's going to be the policy, they should just dump Ladies events altogether (which otherwise I think are good for the game.)

Either show an ID or GTFO.

If your state doesn't allow you to get such an ID, either move or just stay out of the Ladies events. You still have access to the same number of events as before.

Load Metric
    What if someone has Multiple Personality Disorder and one of their personalities is a woman, and a second is a man, and a third is a transgender woman (man to woman)? What would be your ruling then? Can 2 of the personalities play separate entries? I know this question is utterly ridiculous, but you know the situation is gonna come up soon.
    En boca cerrada, no entran moscas

Load Metric
    This fucking topic getting to poker now it’s just so tilting. If you are willing to get your dick chopped off to play in the Ladies event…then you can play. If you still have a dick..tough shit. That’s where I draw the fucking line. Hire a fucking nurse that can check if need be. Make sure there is no tucking like in Silence of the Lambs. To me the line is dick or no dick.

Comments

PositiveVariance: Dick or no Dick - rep

Serial Fail: Making women show their vag to play poker

tbuck27: Tuck Rule

tigerpiper: David Tuckman rule

ftpjesus: Crying Game Detachable Penis Rep

Gold
    Load Metric
    Severe mental illness and poker is not a good mix. They're probably fish.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

There is simply no way to do this without inviting abuse
    It is allowed in pretty much every other facet of American life, with predictable abuse; so I am not sure what makes poker special that it should get an exemption, especially considering how much its participants consistently lean left on culture war issues.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Revelations Chapter 13. The Beast out of the Sea

1 The dragon stood on the shore of the sea. And I saw a beast coming out of the sea. It had ten horns and seven heads, with ten crowns on its horns, and on each head a blasphemous name.
    2 The beast I saw resembled a leopard, but had feet like those of a bear and a mouth like that of a lion. The dragon gave the beast his power and his throne and great authority.
    3 One of the heads of the beast seemed to have had a fatal wound, but the fatal wound had been healed. The whole world was filled with wonder and followed the beast.
    4 People worshiped the dragon because he had given authority to the beast, and they also worshiped the beast and asked, “Who is like the beast? Who can wage war against it?”
    5 The beast was given a mouth to utter proud words and blasphemies and to exercise its authority for forty-two months.
    6 It opened its mouth to blaspheme God, and to slander his name and his dwelling place and those who live in heaven.
    7 It was given power to wage war against God’s holy people and to conquer them. And it was given authority over every tribe, people, language and nation.
    8 All inhabitants of the earth will worship the beast—all whose names have not been written in the Lamb’s book of life, the Lamb who was slain from the creation of the world.
    9 Whoever has ears, let them hear.
    10 “If anyone is to go into captivity, into captivity they will go. If anyone is to be killed with the sword, with the sword they will be killed.”This calls for patient endurance and faithfulness on the part of God’s people.

The Beast out of the Earth

11 Then I saw a second beast, coming out of the earth. It had two horns like a lamb, but it spoke like a dragon.
    12 It exercised all the authority of the first beast on its behalf, and made the earth and its inhabitants worship the first beast, whose fatal wound had been healed.
    13 And it performed great signs, even causing fire to come down from heaven to the earth in full view of the people.
    14 Because of the signs it was given power to perform on behalf of the first beast, it deceived the inhabitants of the earth. It ordered them to set up an image in honor of the beast who was wounded by the sword and yet lived.
    15 The second beast was given power to give breath to the image of the first beast, so that the image could speak and cause all who refused to worship the image to be killed.
    16 It also forced all people, great and small, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hands or on their foreheads,
    17 so that they could not buy or sell unless they had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of its name.
    18 This calls for wisdom. Let the person who has insight calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man. That number is 666.

Comments

ftpjesus: I’m confused Les is quoting scripture.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Give ‘em an inch they take a mile. Bring back bullying, these weirdo freaks need to be shunned.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffDime View Post
    This fucking topic getting to poker now it’s just so tilting. If you are willing to get your dick chopped off to play in the Ladies event…then you can play. If you still have a dick..tough shit. That’s where I draw the fucking line. Hire a fucking nurse that can check if need be. Make sure there is no tucking like in Silence of the Lambs. To me the line is dick or no dick.
    fantastic

Load Metric
    Saw this on twitter. The isle (now harrahs) stepped in and said they enforcing whatever is on your license. Then some SJW stepped in to say this is just Florida targeting LGBTQ+ which is on its face ridiculous.

My personal take is Poker isnt the 100 Yard hurdles or a game of Basketball. I think the idea of a ladies event in cards is dumb. If you got the $$ let em sit and play.

For what its worth I played one of the circuit events there earlier this week. Very well run tournament.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    I think the idea of a ladies event in cards is dumb.

imo ladies events are kind of a nod to that hokey sense of cowboy decorum that used to be at the heart of poker, even during the pop gambling era before black friday.

thats why the shaun deeb situation was so fucking bad; it openly mocked that critically endangered sense of veneration and dignity.

so yeah i think when we inevitably see a trans woman at the final table of a female event, quite a few of the literally dozens of poker fans who care about womens final tables will have some very hot takes about it.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    I think the idea of a ladies event in cards is dumb.

imo ladies events are kind of a nod to that hokey sense of cowboy decorum that used to be at the heart of poker, even during the pop gambling era before black friday.

thats why the shaun deeb situation was so fucking bad; it openly mocked that critically endangered sense of veneration and dignity.

so yeah i think when we inevitably see a trans woman at the final table of a female event, quite a few of the literally dozens of poker fans who care about womens final tables will have some very hot takes about it.

just a bunch of fucking freaks wanting attention. Deeb made his point, well.

Load Metric
    Saw this on twitter. The isle (now harrahs) stepped in and said they enforcing whatever is on your license. Then some SJW stepped in to say this is just Florida targeting LGBTQ+ which is on its face ridiculous.

My personal take is Poker isnt the 100 Yard hurdles or a game of Basketball. I think the idea of a ladies event in cards is dumb. If you got the $$ let em sit and play.

For what its worth I played one of the circuit events there earlier this week. Very well run tournament.
    wrong one key reason here Poker is a Brain Game, so Ones sexual preference shouldn't matter. And in terms of participation doesn't so one should be feeling comfortable too. End of a poker tournament generates well for that tournament the more or most skilled big field Tournament poker player. For that day or days week whatever. Stating one has to be other than what you are and were born to be, is ridiculous really. You're a man or a woman that's all myself i'm not a judge others what i want and expect. Over time your friends and also the people who mold and shape you, change sometimes not for the best of reasons. Actually ive said how people are a product of the environment they're raised in which is certainly true here. And myself being born and raised in new jersey probably has some of that still or always will in me so now do know that. People are largely or sometimes entirely a product of where they were born and raised then if never leaving. Its probably true for anyone who stayed or lived on e place for many years. That would become a big part of who they were then to a large extent ones opinion and for, or against something does not have one could easily think too. Since that could easily be material for something bad or confrontational happening. Now not all but some get stupid, sometimes some things maybe you would rather people not make a more big ordeal out of something or some cause. Anf maybe at a time that could exist too, something hot button.
    Last edited by garrett; 02-10-2023 at 05:27 AM.

Load Metric
    is bottom surgery really a requirement to get your gender changed on your ID in the US?

Comments

tigerpiper:

Silver
    Load Metric
    Since this arises out of Florida, shouldn't the real question be

What would Nicky Pipes do?

Load Metric
    let the trannies play poker wtf

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeD View Post
    Since this arises out of Florida, shouldn't the real question be

What would Nicky Pipes do?
    sun his and the trannies' balls

Comments

Pablo:

Load Metric
    Should be no 'exclusive' tournaments, including for old faggots.

Got the buyin and are 21+? Have at it.

Comments

Daly: This

dwai: fax
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Thread Information