Thread: Cindy Williams shlemozled

Load Metric

Cindy Williams shlemozled

rip

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    About 6 years ago, she was on my friend's radio show, and Dave Lerman was on there too, and kept talking over her.

She kept yelling at him to shut up. It was hilarious.

With both of them passing within 3 months of each other, now she can yell at him again in heaven.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    This was one of three major TV shows set in Milwaukee -- the other two being Happy Days (which spun off Laverne and Shirley) and That '70s Show (which had nothing to do with Happy Days, but whose creators paid homage to by the greater Milwaukee setting).

It is likely that Penny Marshall got the role because of her brother, Garry, being an executive producer.

Load Metric
    And she had a Vegas connection by appearing in Menopause The Musical at Harrahs off and on in the past decade.

RIP Shirley, the Big Ragu is waiting for you.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by The Boz View Post
    And she had a Vegas connection by appearing in Menopause The Musical at Harrahs off and on in the past decade.

RIP Shirley, the Big Ragu is waiting for you.
    That's right, I forgot about that.

Probably because Menopause the Musical isn't aimed at all at the male demographic. I have to imagine that older women vacationing with friends go see it, or wives of husbands who drop them off there while they go degen off in the pits.

I've gotten old enough to where most adults stars on TV shows I saw as a kid are dead now. 75 is a bit young for a woman to die. The US life expectancy for females is 79, and if you take out the outliers who die early from either accidents, violence, or drug/alcohol abuse, it's well over 80.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    This was one of three major TV shows set in Milwaukee -- the other two being Happy Days (which spun off Laverne and Shirley) and That '70s Show (which had nothing to do with Happy Days, but whose creators paid homage to by the greater Milwaukee setting).

It is likely that Penny Marshall got the role because of her brother, Garry, being an executive producer.
    That 70's show was set in Point Place, which is a fictional town, based on a suburb of Green Bay

Load Metric
    . redacted thought she was in flying nun also googled Sally Field

Load Metric
    So did Lisa Loring, Wednesday from the Addams Family.

Comments

FRANKRIZZO: creepy and kookie
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    This was one of three major TV shows set in Milwaukee -- the other two being Happy Days (which spun off Laverne and Shirley) and That '70s Show (which had nothing to do with Happy Days, but whose creators paid homage to by the greater Milwaukee setting)..
    In seasons 6-8 Laverne and Shirley moved to Los Angeles after losing their bottle capping jobs .

As you would expect, nothing good happens in LA and the show was cancelled.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nunbeater View Post

That 70's show was set in Point Place, which is a fictional town, based on a suburb of Green Bay
    Oh, I had remembered it being a fictional suburb of Milwaukee.

I do remember when the show first started, the creators said they chose the Wisconsin location as a homage to Happy Days, as it had a similar theme (both were shows depicting family life in a time period two decades prior).

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    This was one of three major TV shows set in Milwaukee -- the other two being Happy Days (which spun off Laverne and Shirley) and That '70s Show (which had nothing to do with Happy Days, but whose creators paid homage to by the greater Milwaukee setting)..
    In seasons 6-8 Laverne and Shirley moved to Los Angeles after losing their bottle capping jobs .

As you would expect, nothing good happens in LA and the show was cancelled.
    I can't think of a single show where the setting moves well into its run, and it improves ratings. That's almost always a sign that the series is about to go off the air.

A similar death knell involves the addition of several new major characters (usually replacing others who have left).

Speaking of Happy Days, how sad was it when they stopped even trying to depict the '50s/'60s, and everyone looked like they were in the mid-80s time period when it aired? Shameful.

Load Metric
    Was there a lesbian vibe to Laverne and Shirley or is that 2020’s revisionist history or wishful thinking at work?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Was there a lesbian vibe to Laverne and Shirley or is that 2020’s revisionist history or wishful thinking at work?
    No. In the '70s and '80s, they didn't really do lesbian vibes on TV.

It's also sometimes wrongly assumed to be a feminist show, as it revolves around the lives of two working women "doing it our way". But it really wasn't. Just a light sitcom, and nothing else.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Speaking of That '70s Show, I knew a chick in the late '90s who reminded me a lot of Laura Prepon. Both 5'10", both with the deep voice, she was a few years older (early 20s), even looked somewhat alike. This girl also acted somewhat like Prepon's character on the show. The comparison was obvious. I told her about it, and she actually agreed.

She and I never had any kind of sexual or romantic connection. Just friends. Not that type of chemistry between us.

That's why I was surprised when she told me one day that she just had a dream about the two of us having sex. My only question was, "Well, how was it?"

She replied, "It was average."

I said back, "Okay, I'll take that", and we never spoke of it again.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nunbeater View Post

Oh, I had remembered it being a fictional suburb of Milwaukee.

I do remember when the show first started, the creators said they chose the Wisconsin location as a homage to Happy Days, as it had a similar theme (both were shows depicting family life in a time period two decades prior).
    tbf you could prolly swap it out with a suburb of milwaukee and have the same effect, people thought it was based on racine at one point

Thread Information