Thread: Indian war chant

Load Metric

Indian war chant

Cinci was outright robbed yesterday, pivotal one being the 4th quater were whistle was not heard. I don't get why washington redskins had to change their name. Chiefs get to keep their indian name. Also florida state. I don't know why but the war chant really tilts me.

Comments

country978: they'll always be the redskins

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FRANKRIZZO View Post
    Cinci was outright robbed yesterday, pivotal one being the 4th quater were whistle was not heard. I don't get why washington redskins had to change their name. Chiefs get to keep their indian name. Also florida state. I don't know why but the war chant really tilts me.

think of the demographics of which each team is located and you will find your answer.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    I was at the game last night. Very cold and loud.

The KC fans' canned response to the Chiefs is the same as the Indians or Redskins argument is that the Chiefs were actually named after a white dude named H. Roe Bartle who might have been the mayor or something whose nickname was "Chief".

This is hyper stupid and directly contradicted by the name of the stadium, the mentioned chant, and the old mascot, a horse named Warpaint, the fans' costumes with arrows pointing out of their heads Steve Martin style etc.

This Bartle guy also made up a fake tribe of Indians for Boy Scouts that Boy Scouts play at when they go to the camp in the summer named after him. They wear pouches with hawk claws on them and gain the rank of Warrior or whatever.

Its really stupid.

Good game, though.

Comments

FRANKRIZZO: very good game still robbery

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FRANKRIZZO View Post

With regard to the FSU Seminoles, The NCAA actually tried to ban them along with Syracuse, St. Johns and other schools from post season play (bowls, tournaments etc.) over a decade ago. Syracuse and St. Johns changed their name. The Seminole Tribe of Florida reached out the NCAA and told them they liked Florida State representing their tribe and the NCAA backed off. Any reference to the state's current political climate as a reason, as referenced in a earlier response by another poster is FALSE.

Comments

FRANKRIZZO: interesting
    Last edited by Cerveza Fria; 01-30-2023 at 10:16 AM.
    En boca cerrada, no entran moscas

Thread Information