Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tyrece Nichols

Load Metric

Tyrece Nichols

All black on black violence, No one posted this yet?

Load Metric
    Name:  8B0C77E7-A222-430B-AF87-A9DE630EF538.jpeg
Views: 318
Size:  309.8 KB

Gold
    Load Metric
    CHICAGO -- At least 30 people have been shot, seven fatally, in weekend shootings across Chicago, police said

https://abc7chicago.com/chicago-shoo...news/12727329/

RichardBrodiesCombover has aids

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I've said this before, but I hate hate hate hate blocking of highways and major streets as a form of protest.

That is not peaceful protest. It is forcing innocent people to be captive audiences for your cause, and also blocking emergency vehicles from saving lives. Peaceful protest means you are not threatening or harming the safety or movement of people in the area of protest.

Similarly, if I walk into a restaurant, pull out a gun, and demand that people all sit there for 6 hours and listen to my "protest", it is not peaceful, even if the gun is not loaded.

There is an easy solution here:

1) Warn people on the road that they have 10 minutes to disperse or face tear gas

2) Tear gas the fuck out of everyone who doesn't leave

Comments

Tellafriend: lol, sure they will

FRANKRIZZO: At least they aren't burning shit down or looting. Yet

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Also the solution to police brutality is mandatory bodycams plus weakening the police union.

Let it all be seen, and let the bad cops get removed and/or prosecuted for their misbheavior. Do not punish the good officers for the actions of a bad few, and do not lower the threshhold for when police get involved in criminal activity.

Load Metric
    who would ever want to be a cop. this is going to catch up to us.

Comments

splitthis: Yep

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post
    who would ever want to be a cop. this is going to catch up to us.
    It already has.

We had 22 straight years of declining violent crime in the US, and then in 2014 the entire thing reversed because of the Ferguson situation (which turned out to be a justified shooting). That changed the way the public saw policing, and cops became afraid to do their jobs.

People don't realize how hard it is for cops to deal with the worst of the worst of society on a daily basis. It's easy to sit on your suburban home, far away from the danger of the situation, and judge them.

I support the goal of weeding out abusive/corrupt cops, and that can only happen by changing the power the unions have to protect them. However, the left wants to approach this in the manner of "policing is racist" and "we're doing too much policing, we need more social work", even though the first is bullshit and the latter was already tried in the 60s-80s and failed miserably.

But when it comes to protests, we cannot normalize highway blocking, burning, looting and violence. There needs to be quick and forceful consequences for any of this shit. When you act permissive, it just brings out hoodlums who enjoy causing trouble and don't even care about the cause. The Kenosha thing was a perfect example. Those three guys shot by Rittenhouse weren't even very political -- they just went out there because they liked mayhem, and of course all three had criminal records.

Comments

Tellafriend: well said

splitthis: Yep

Load Metric
    You guys think having the IDF train US police forces has anything to do with this sort of thing?

Naaaaah.

Prolly just a coincidence.

Load Metric
    Imagine if the police where white?

Load Metric
    REPERATIONS. NOW.

Load Metric
    Druff’s powerful Memphis police union. Attracting elite individuals laid off from Home Depot

Name:  3C06CEA1-E2EE-4F28-A321-2FA45F1086FE.jpeg
Views: 272
Size:  432.2 KB

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Also the solution to police brutality is mandatory bodycams plus weakening the police union.

Let it all be seen, and let the bad cops get removed and/or prosecuted for their misbheavior. Do not punish the good officers for the actions of a bad few, and do not lower the threshhold for when police get involved in criminal activity.
    This happened with bodycams in an area of the country with by far the weakest union strength including police unions. Most police who get prosecuted for ANYTHING get off with qualified immunity, and the idea that a bad few spoil the whole bunch is nonsense when the good multitudes refuse, time and again, to police the bad few. They protest themselves first, always. The second is far behind.

The idea that good officers get punished for anything, ever, is nonsense, since most of the time the bad officers aren't punished for anything at all.

Comments

Sanlmar: +1 someone had to say it

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post

This happened with bodycams in an area of the country with by far the weakest union strength including police unions. Most police who get prosecuted for ANYTHING get off with qualified immunity, and the idea that a bad few spoil the whole bunch is nonsense when the good multitudes refuse, time and again, to police the bad few. They protest themselves first, always. The second is far behind.

The idea that good officers get punished for anything, ever, is nonsense, since most of the time the bad officers aren't punished for anything at all.
    I would also be for some reform to qualified immunity.

I'm not sure what you feel is the solution, though. The left seems to want to make it all about racism (even in this case where everyone involved is black), and to weaken police in general. That's the last thing we need as violent crime continues to rise.

Load Metric
    I would also be for some reform to qualified immunity.

I'm not sure what you feel is the solution, though.
    Yes, you at least partially do, because you are saying in this post that you at least somewhat agree with it. That's a massive first step.

Load Metric

QI only applies in civil cases.

Load Metric
    QI cases ALWAYS involve normally criminal actions and protects individual cops from sanctions and punishments. It quite literally prevents cops from being held individually accountable for their behavior. Dismiss it however you want, tho.

Load Metric
    QI cases ALWAYS involve normally criminal actions and protects individual cops from sanctions and punishments. It quite literally prevents cops from being held individually accountable for their behavior. Dismiss it however you want, tho.

i wasn't dismissive or condescending in my response.

but you are out of your league and convoluting legal ideas you think you understand, but don't.

nevertheless, carry on how you wish.

Load Metric

i wasn't dismissive or condescending in my response.

but you are out of your league and convoluting legal ideas you think you understand, but don't.

nevertheless, carry on how you wish.
    I wasn't condescending in the least. Criminal law prevents the cops from being held fully responsible, and qualified immunity prevents them from being responsible at all, in the vast volume of cases.

I understand the law, I understand the reality, and I understand the reasons for all of it.

Load Metric
    Dude gets beat to death by cops on camera and this thread turns into inconveniencing people after cops have killed people. Killing black dudes is bad but blocking highways is unconscionable!!!
    Last edited by Crowe Diddly; 01-27-2023 at 10:21 PM.

Thread Information