Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Steven Crowder versus Ben Shapiro & Daily Wire

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by devidee View Post
    They both suck but Shapiro is basically a foreign agent.
    You suck

Load Metric
    I think Druff likes Crowder but appreciates it’s just entertainment.

I gather that Crowder has never actually had a job or education nor contributed to the real world. He seems to have found a schtick that was timely and rode it. He’s pretty typical of this genre of political infotainment.

Crowder triggered little flashback to Don Imus morning drive time. I was drawn in gradually as Imus morphed into a political animal. It’s insidious while entertaining, I’ll admit. Imus was show biz but detected a new wave of political entertainment and was on the leading edge. Cashed huge. Tangential marketing of his line of products too.

Crowder is likely the same thing.

At least Druff has a work experience that contributes to a more informed world view.

Druff also has a life in California so Crowder serves as some sort of desperately needed comic relief. I understand.

I’m being kind and I want this to serve as a credit that I might use later.

Comments

JeffDime: +1
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 01-20-2023 at 10:46 AM.

Load Metric
    If you’ve watched more than ten minutes of either one, shoot yourself in the head.

Comments

OK2: 100%

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I got used to Shapiro's voice. My girlfriend wouldn't let me listen to him in the car because his voice irritated her so much. Now I don't even notice it.

Shapiro doesn't typically try to be funny. But that's fine. I like a lot of the points he makes, and he doesn't pander to the alt right like most of the other conservative YouTubers. He was one of the few who refused to go along with the "2020 stolen election" bullshit. Crowder, on the other hand, jumped full force into the stolen election retardation, and released some super-cringe "investigation" videos which were both boring and awful.
    Dwai and OK2 still think the 2020 election was stolen.

I'm not a fan of Candace at all, and generally think she's a phony.
    I have a new found respect for you, Druff. Dan Bongino, also fits into this phony category. Amazing how these right wing morons allow themselves to be sucked up by the grift of these fake commentators.

Comments

OK2: The alcoholic started an emotional support group you can join. There's a fat nerd with high levels of estrogen and a projecting faggot from portland with admitted 'anxiety' issues so far.

Load Metric
    Druff has been forthcoming & admitted to listening to these guys. He knowingly and bravely pays the price in the court of public opinion.

I’ll be similarly candid. I am starting to work these 4 guys into my rotation.

I really can’t stand Chamath but he’s entertaining and obv smart. I’ve learned something of his childhood and that was interesting too.

Edit
    There is NO POKER TALK. The show morphed out of their time kibitzing at the tables but that’s it.

Name:  56625F0E-7035-404E-80B1-B51080383C49.jpeg
Views: 289
Size:  72.8 KB
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 01-20-2023 at 01:52 PM.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BartHanson View Post

I'm not a fan of Candace at all, and generally think she's a phony.
    I have a new found respect for you, Druff. Dan Bongino, also fits into this phony category. Amazing how these right wing morons allow themselves to be sucked up by the grift of these fake commentators.
    6 clot shots

Comments

devidee: Truly amazing

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Small_Banana View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BartHanson View Post

6 clot shots
    6?

The last one I got was in May, and only because I was going to WSOP. That one has worn off by now and I'm not getting another.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Not Gay Jared getting very close to violating that NDA.

https://twitter.com/TheJaredMonroe/status/1616523234354102274

He is too smart to actually violate it, but you can tell he's itching to tell everyone the truth.

Pretty sure I've deduced the truth anyway (that Crowder promised him, his brother Aaron, and Sven raises once the show went to CRTV, and then Crowder went back on it), but I'd still love to hear it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Shapiro is getting more and more frustrated, and his words for Crowder are getting increasingly harsh.

Both guys still give token compliments to one another (Crowder says Shapiro is "smart", and Shapiro says Crowder is "talented" -- both of which are true), but boy they are really hating each other now.

Shapiro is pretty certain that Crowder is a snake in the grass who used them for publicity and false outrage.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Anyway, now that we have heard from both sides, it's pretty clear to me what happened here.

This is the timeline:

November 2022:

- Coming near the end of his contract with TheBlaze, and knowing he wasn't going to renew, Crowder's agent talked to Daily Wire to see if there was any interest bringing him on. Daily Wire was interested.

- Daily Wire offered to negotiate with Crowder and his agent, but Crowder's agent told them just to send a term sheet over, and they'd go from there.

- Daily Wire wrote an obnoxiously punitive term sheet, out of concern that Crowder both has frequent medical problems and tends to piss off sponsors/YouTube. The contract was also a little bit unfair to Crowder because it seeked to penalize him for matters outside of his control (the whims of YouTube and sponsors). However, it did offer $50 million for 4 years, though the burden of production and staff costs would be on Crowder.

- Crowder got super angry about the contract terms, especially the YouTube/sponsor penalties. He felt they were just using him, and were seeking to grab his big audience while penalizing him down to a much lower deal than what they'd sign (or alternatively neutering him to where he can't be himself on his shows).

- Crowder called Daily Wire back and said he'd only accept these obnoxious terms if they bumped his pay up to $120-$140m for the 4 years, instead of $50m. Daily Wire said no thanks, and both sides walked away. Crowder was bitter, but Daily Wire didn't realize the extent of it.

December 2022:

- With his contract up, Crowder officially left TheBlaze. Glenn Beck and TheBlaze would not let him leave with his Mug Club e-mail list, and now Crowder had no way to e-mail his fans and subscribers anymore. Additionally, anyone who subscribed to Mug Club would no longer be able to see Crowder anymore, and he felt like it made him look like a scammer. This already put Crowder in a foul mood, and between this and his failed negotiations with Daily Wire, he decided he hated all big conservative media companies.

- On December 12, he decided to play victim and claim "BigCon" (big conservative media) was simply in the business to make money, and was doing the bidding of Big Tech (such as YouTube) in order to keep fellow conservatives in line and keep the $ flowing. He registered stopthebigcon.com, and planned to go public in 2023 bashing Daily Wire for this, thus generating big publicity for himself, and getting people to sign up for his e-mail list again.

January 2023:

- He made one last call to Jeremy Boreing, co-CEO of Daily Wire. This time he recorded the call. His plan was two-pronged. If Boreing was willing to change his stance and remove the punitive terms, Crowder would sign with Daily Wire, and never bring up all the "Big Con" stuff. If Boreing stood firm, he would release parts of the phone call, and also go ham on Daily Wire via hugely-watched YouTube videos. Boreing did not budge, and the wheels were in motion.

- Crowder released his video, deciding to not name Daily Wire, figuring people would easily deduce who he was talking about anyway. That's exactly what happened, and Daily Wire responded, showing the term sheet and attempting to defend themselves.

- With many of the big conservative personalities affiliated with Daily Wire at this point, many of them rallied against Crowder and defended Daily Wire. Other conservative figures were friends with Daily Wire personalities, and also bashed Crowder, thus also amplifying public sentiment against him. Once it came out that this entire outrage was premeditated back to December 12, Crowder looked even worse, and now he probably lost a lot of his clout.

What a clusterfuck.

Had Crowder not jumped the gun with registering stopthebigcon.com on December 12 (who's gonna grab that in advance, anyway?), and not recorded the phone call, this could have gone down differently. He could have made reasonable arguments that Daily Wire wrote a term sheet which was crafted to screw him, and he'd look like he had some good points. But now he's probably fucked in the public eye.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Small_Banana View Post

6 clot shots
    6?

The last one I got was in May, and only because I was going to WSOP. That one has worn off by now and I'm not getting another.
    Not you. Bart Hanson has had 6 clot shots.

Comments

BartHanson: Wish I could get it mainlined

Load Metric
    sharpio and daily wire pushed the vaccines and barely questioned the funny election meddling in 2020

end of story

who is funding these guys where they can afford 50 million to crowder?

something smells like controlled opposition

Comments

devidee: The Wilks brothers

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post
    sharpio and daily wire pushed the vaccines and barely questioned the funny election meddling in 2020

end of story

It's actually a good question where all the money is coming from.

I had no idea that Daily Wire was doing well enough to where they could commit to $50m, and Jeremy Boreing said they probably would've gone up to $70m had Crowder pushed hard enough.

I have a hard time they are making that kind of money via Daily Wire Plus subscriptions and YouTube ad revenue. You could see they had a large office in the background during Jeremy's video, with a bunch of employees there. So those expenses have to be fairly high, as well.

I don't think it's a giant conspiracy with foreign money controlling them or whatever, but I do think they probably have some background investors who get very nervous if anything appears to be threatening what they paid for. That might be the actual reason they introduced a contract so punitive toward Crowder.

Comments

devidee: Jesus, bro

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post

end of story

I had no idea that Daily Wire was doing well enough to where they could commit to $50m, and Jeremy Boreing said they probably would've gone up to $70m had Crowder pushed hard enough.

I have a hard time they are making that kind of money via Daily Wire Plus subscriptions and YouTube ad revenue. You could see they had a large office in the background during Jeremy's video, with a bunch of employees there. So those expenses have to be fairly high, as well.

I don't think it's a giant conspiracy with foreign money controlling them or whatever, but I do think they probably have some background investors who get very nervous if anything appears to be threatening what they paid for. That might be the actual reason they introduced a contract so punitive toward Crowder.
    Dan Howard Wilks and Farris Cullen Wilks
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_and_Farris_Wilks

They are major funders of conservative causes, including The Daily Wire, PragerU, and the 2016 presidential campaign of Senator Ted Cruz.

Assembly of Yahweh (7th day)

In 1947 Voy and Myrtle Wilks along with Myrtle's father Charles Fenter were disfellowshipped from the Churches of Christ and founded a church which was at first called simply “A Church of Christ.” The church is not Christian, believing that Yahweh is the only god and that Jesus (called Yahushua) is a separate entity. In early 1952 Charles restricted communion to once a year rather than weekly and moved worship from Sunday to Saturday. The Fenters and Wilkses along with a few other families left the congregation and began to meet in private homes. When Charles died in May 1952 Voy took over the congregation and the couple and their five children continued to live at the home of Charles’ widow, Annie.[3]

In 1962 they adopted the name Church of God (7th day) (not to be confused with Church of God (Seventh-Day)), in 1982 the church became the Assembly of Yahweh (7th day).[3] Currently the Assembly of Yahweh (7th day) is a conservative Jews for Jesus-type congregation. It teaches that "the true religion is Jewish (not a Gentile religion)" and its members celebrate the Old Testament holidays rather than those related to the New Testament. The congregation considers the Old Testament historically and scientifically accurate. The congregation considers homosexuality and abortion to be crimes.[4][5]

Comments

devidee: (((obviously)))

Sanlmar: Oops
    RichardBrodiesCombover has aids

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OK2 View Post

Dan Howard Wilks and Farris Cullen Wilks
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_and_Farris_Wilks

They are major funders of conservative causes, including The Daily Wire, PragerU, and the 2016 presidential campaign of Senator Ted Cruz.

Assembly of Yahweh (7th day)

In 1947 Voy and Myrtle Wilks along with Myrtle's father Charles Fenter were disfellowshipped from the Churches of Christ and founded a church which was at first called simply “A Church of Christ.” The church is not Christian, believing that Yahweh is the only god and that Jesus (called Yahushua) is a separate entity. In early 1952 Charles restricted communion to once a year rather than weekly and moved worship from Sunday to Saturday. The Fenters and Wilkses along with a few other families left the congregation and began to meet in private homes. When Charles died in May 1952 Voy took over the congregation and the couple and their five children continued to live at the home of Charles’ widow, Annie.[3]

In 1962 they adopted the name Church of God (7th day) (not to be confused with Church of God (Seventh-Day)), in 1982 the church became the Assembly of Yahweh (7th day).[3] Currently the Assembly of Yahweh (7th day) is a conservative Jews for Jesus-type congregation. It teaches that "the true religion is Jewish (not a Gentile religion)" and its members celebrate the Old Testament holidays rather than those related to the New Testament. The congregation considers the Old Testament historically and scientifically accurate. The congregation considers homosexuality and abortion to be crimes.[4][5]

Comments

OK2: On the way to Auschwitz?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Jews for Jesus aren't real Jews

Gold
    Load Metric
    They are kissing the ring, you're missing the point again. They all do, Trump & Putin included.

Jews run this motherfucker. Not ONLY them but they are P4P champs by a gaping wide margin.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    RichardBrodiesCombover has aids

Load Metric
    Name:  43A01E5B-8D95-4577-A8BB-0D83B2911422.gif
Views: 903
Size:  2.54 MB

Thread Information