Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Steven Crowder versus Ben Shapiro & Daily Wire

Load Metric

Steven Crowder versus Ben Shapiro & Daily Wire

Is this real anger/outrage or a roundabout way to get more emails that Beck is holding hostage? I suppose it’s a bit of both. I haven’t followed this and just know about it from Druff’s thread. So I really have no idea other than this is obviously much deeper than just the words he is using. It does seem like he genuinely may want to start his own conservative network.

https://twitter.com/scrowder/status/1615417815346864128

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Crowder has 6m subs he can go anywhere he wants, do his own thing, whatever. He is in talks with a bunch of outlets, but with how big he is he doesn't need them. He hasn't needed the Blaze in forever. He also has the Mug Club with 300k paying monthly, so while Beck says you can't have the list he doesn't really need it. It will just take him some time to connect with them another way and get a "new" list going. That is like petty ass shit right there. Crowder has the ability to make 10m a month, and you want to withhold some list that you know he can re create? Beck is a fucking clown, or whoever is pressing that issue.

The contract he showed in the video recently was ridiculous. (and that was not one he signed, but one they wanted him to sign moving forward) This will be for the better in the end, he has outgrown the need for a huge platform, he has built one for himself in the last 5 years. If he does sign with a new company, that deal is going to be massive for the revenue he can generate. The Blaze are complete fools for blowing this up.

Load Metric
    Crowder is as funny as chemotherapy.

Comments

MumblesBadly: :this

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BlunderMaker View Post
    hate to say it but it's true, but he hasn't any less funny than Kimmel, Fallon or Colbert

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post
    hate to say it but it's true, but he hasn't any less funny than Kimmel, Fallon or Colbert
    Agree; any man that routinely depends on another man to make him giggle is a huge cuckold.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    So apparently Crowder is ranting about Ben Shapiro and Daily Wire, and NOT Beck / TheBlaze.

Now, don't get me wrong. He briefly acknowledged in yesterday's video that he was still pissed about the e-mails being jacked from him, but he claims to have mostly gotten over that, and said that the partnership didn't work out because "our content went different directions".

This 28-minute rant was about Daily Wire (Shapiro's company) offering him a big contract, but one full of restrictions and penalties. Crowder gets penalized severely for failing to deliver shows as expected, driving away sponsors, or getting his channel demonetized (which is weird, because his channel already is demonetized). He did not mention Daily Wire by name, but it was obvious who he was likely talking about.

While lucrative ($50 million for 4 years), Crowder felt insulted by the contract's terms, and decided to take to YouTube and bash Daily Wire without directly saying its name.

Jeremy Boering, who co-owns Daily Wire with Ben Shapiro, decided to take credit for it being his company being talked about, and posted a 52-minute rebuttal:

Honestly, both sides look bad here. If Crowder didn't like the terms of the contract, he should have either renegotiated or just told them no thanks. Bitching about it publicly is bad form.

At the same time, Daily Wire should have known that such a contract would be insulting to a free spirit like Crowder, and not let their lawyers take control of the matter. Recall that Crowder has had a number of health problems in recent years, including problems with his heart. It's not unreasonable that Daily Wire doesn't want to fork over a guaranteed $50m to a guy who might claim he's too sick to work for much of it, but there's better ways to handle this than a punitive contract. And the whole thing about penalizing him for driving away sponsors (or getting demonetized) was really stupid. They're hiring a controversial guy, yet writing in penalties for being controversial?

Very bad look all around.

I like Shapiro, but I'm often finding myself believing he's surrounding himself with morons, yet believing these people are on his level. Like, whoever convinced him to make straight-to-video movies starring Gina Carano needs to be fired.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post
    Those 3 idiots are so unfunny they make me wish I had a gun.

I can’t change the channels fast enuff.

Yeah, cable

I bump into occasional Shapiro - his voice prohibits giving him a chance. Don’t know Crowder. I didn’t realize these guys were trying to be funny.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I got used to Shapiro's voice. My girlfriend wouldn't let me listen to him in the car because his voice irritated her so much. Now I don't even notice it.

Shapiro doesn't typically try to be funny. But that's fine. I like a lot of the points he makes, and he doesn't pander to the alt right like most of the other conservative YouTubers. He was one of the few who refused to go along with the "2020 stolen election" bullshit. Crowder, on the other hand, jumped full force into the stolen election retardation, and released some super-cringe "investigation" videos which were both boring and awful.

However, Crowder is a natural entertainer, ad-libs jokes well, and is a lot more creative than Shapiro. So I still watch him sometimes, as well, but I was somewhat turned off by his veering the show's tone into alt-right territory. I used to watch every single episode from start to finish, and now it's just an occasional view from me.

Strangely enough, despite being extremely successful, both men have made some pretty boneheaded moves from a business standpoint, but they've done well enough to where they can absorb these fails.

This feud really exposes a lot of what is wrong with each of them.

Crowder is an asshole who nobody can get along with, and gets agitated too easily. He's alienated most people who have been associated with his show over time, with the exception of his longtime church buddy Gerald.

Shapiro has tried too hard to create a media empire, and along the way has associated with a bunch of morons who don't understand why people enjoy Shapiro in the first place. The fact that this contract was even sent to Crowder shows a complete lack of understanding of who they were offering $50m to.

Comments

Sanlmar: intro to Crowder Shapiro

Load Metric
    - a combination of the breakdown of civil society and the rise of social media has turned politics into a form of entertainment -

I have never pahticipated. It’s too late and I’m only one guy but politics for views and clicks is decay. The rabble loves it. Love being out of step.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Both Crowder and Shapiro also have unrealistic goals. Neither is just content doing what they're good at -- getting lots of conservative eyeballs on their content, and making lots of money while doing so.

Crowder wants to be the leader of a political movement which changes the social tone of the country. That's not going to happen. He doesn't have a broad enough appeal, and at the end of the day, he's just a conservative comedian. All of his talk about "fight like hell" and "we're doing this for you, the audience" is annoying. Nobody wants any of that shit. The audience just wants him to talk about political/social current events, be conservative, and be funny. There doesn't need to be a greater purpose to everything.

Shapiro has similar delusions of a higher purpose, except he's looking to create an empire of conservative-created products and media. His belief is that he just needs to create movies, children's shows, TV shows, and (oddly) razors, and conservatives will abandon the products/services they've always known, and jump headfirst into his shit. Except it doesn't work that way. Modern conservatives just don't have the zeal to boycott everything with woke messaging. Ideological boycotting is more of a left-wing reflex, and even they don't always have the strength of their convictions (see Chik-Fil-A). The problem is that making movies is hard, making good kids TV is hard, and prying people away from brands and mainstream entertainment they love is especially hard. You can't just say, "Hollywood is woke, I'm going to be my own Hollywood and make competing movies", because you probably don't have the same level of expertise or creativity to get this done.

They also need to be careful, because conservative media icons can fall out of favor very quickly. Seen Tomi Lahren lately? What about Milo Yiannapolous? Everyone should just go back to what was working, and stop trying to reinvent themselves or take over the world.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    - a combination of the breakdown of civil society and the rise of social media has turned politics into a form of entertainment -

I have never pahticipated. It’s too late and I’m only one guy but politics for views and clicks is decay. The rabble loves it. Love being out of step.
    There should be a cable channel called EPPN.

Entertainment Politics Programming Network

I have to admit that 2023 national politics is going to be very entertaining.

Merrick Garland:

"Donald Trump has been indicted for removing classified documents from the White House."

And on Biden classified documents Garland will say "No reasonable prosecutor...."
    Last edited by mickeycrimm; 01-19-2023 at 12:22 AM.
    POKER FAG ALERT! FOR BLOW JOB SEE SLOPPY JOE THE TRANNIE HO.

Load Metric
    I was very into politics when I was younger and just totally burnt the fuck out of it in the last 5 or 6 years. See I hardly ever post in the political threads. I just find it fucking exhausting & feeble. So I missed alot of this new Conservative media. I know Shapiro & Crowder and have seen them pop up on YouTube. Crowder used to be a regular on Red Eye w/Gutfeld, which I watched back in the day. I didn’t particularly like his shtick back then, but of course he has evolved a bunch since then. But he’s still comes off as a bit of a dickhead to me. I don’t hate myself enough to listen to someone I think is a Dick regularly.

I think whatever you may think of him, Rush was a genius. My old man hasn’t been the same since he was such a big part of his day. Had a conversation the other day about how they are having problems replacing Rush at the EIB network. I told him Rush was the EIB network. Not only that, Rush worked 12-3, the dreaded midday spot on radio and had more listeners than anyone. He didn’t have to do morning or evening drive. He worked 3 hours in the middle of the day in his basement. I’m sure a large portion of his audience were old timers, so having the show midday was really part of their routine. When I heard they were trying to replace Rush with Clay Travis I just laughed. Not even close, Rush was so smooth and Travis is basically yelling into the mic.

As for the products, people do buy this shit. My Dad listens to Conservative talk all day and his answer to most ailments is some kind of supplement that these guys sell endlessly. I think being “worried” about the liberal boycotts has largely been an excuse for these guys to all open up their own line of CBD products.

This Crowder stuff reminds me of old school terrestrial radio when shows would talk shit about each other. Think the publicity is a net positive for everyone. Always disclosed Beck. I remember him saying on his Fox show that Teddy Roosevelt was responsible for the modern progressive movement. Not sure Teddy would agree. Beck is a total sellout. He will do or say anything for a buck. Total phony.

Comments

Sanlmar: Fun read. +1

Tellafriend: much of the same here

Load Metric
    This is entertaining. Dude is worked up. Taped the convo

https://twitter.com/scrowder/status/1616214933586296833

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Candace Owens went off on Crowder today on the Timcast show.

Candace works for Daily Wire now. So she's not exactly neutral. She's accusing him of having planned this whole thing, after trying to ask for $140m instead of $50m, getting turned down, and then feeling bitter.

She pointed out that he registered the domain "StopTheBigCon.com" (in reference to his anger over this situation) back on December 12th. She also mentioned that negotiations broke down in October or November, but that he called Jeremy Boreing (co-CEO of Daily Wire) last week, and feigned wanting to come back to the table, in order to record the phone call. She said that Crowder is "acting" regarding a lot of his outrage, and reminded everyone that he was originally a child actor before moving on to doing YouTube stuff.

I'm not a fan of Candace at all, and generally think she's a phony. I believe a lot of her hard conservative positions are manufactured so she can be the token black female in conservative media. However, she does raise some good points here.

She even raised an issue about "Not Gay Jared" (Jared Monroe) abruptly disappearing from the show back in 2018, and being made to sign an NDA. They did a final episode with Jared where everyone bid him farewell in a friendly manner, and it was claimed that Jared was leaving because he had a baby coming. Little of this made any sense, especially because Jared's brother and two other people left Crowder at almost the identical time. They claimed maybe Jared would come by and join them again every so often. Not only didn't this ever happen, but they absolutely never mention Jared anymore, and he was scrubbed from all intros to the show. Obviously not amicable.

Candace demanded that Crowder release Jared from the NDA, so he can talk about what really happened. In response, Jared tweeted this:

https://twitter.com/TheJaredMonroe/status/1615954928039768064

https://twitter.com/TheJaredMonroe/status/1616273021475426306

Conservative media is turning their backs on Crowder really, really quickly.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    A lot of this is exposing what I already knew about Crowder:

He's a talented guy -- and in fact more talented than any of the other conservative YouTube figures. However, he has a personality disorder. I'm not sure what the disorder is, but he definitely has one.

In addition to Jared, we also saw the disappearances of "Sven Computer" (Sven Lukas) and later on, his "half Asian lawyer" Bill Richmond. (Bill Richmond follows our own Mr. Tickle on Twitter, by the way, for reasons unknown.)

One time they accidentally broadcast the minutes leading up to one of Crowder's shows, and he was freaking out about the way his shirt looked. He kept talking about how the shirt is "wrinkled", how he can't stand how these type of shirts wrinkle so much, and how he's never buying one of these shirts again. He kept going on and on about the wrinkled shirt like it was a huge deal, and was lamenting the fact that they were about to start a live show and he couldn't change it. He was super upset. However, I was watching him and the shirt wasn't wrinkled at all! Seriously. I couldn't detect one wrinkle on the shirt. So he must have seen some tiny wrinkles which don't even appear on camera, and he was freaking out about it. Very bizarre.

Apparently Crowder also has an obsession with controlling all of the content produced, as well as the production process. Even in this monster $50m contract, it stated that Crowder would produce all of his own content in his own studio, and at his own expense. In Jeremy's rebuttal, he noted that Crowder has "always produced his own material" and refused to let anyone else control the production besides him.

Crowder seems like a perfectionist, and probably has something like OCD.

Ben Shapiro sounds like a trans women.

Load Metric
    They both suck but Shapiro is basically a foreign agent.

Load Metric
    Oh, and if you believe Shapiro grew his business organically from hard work; you are a retard.

Thread Information