Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Steven Crowder versus Ben Shapiro & Daily Wire

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Looks like Landau was right. At the 1:02:25 mark, Crowder hit the "everyone shut the fuck up" button when Bryan Callen interrupted his bit of pretending to be Australian:

Poor Bryan. He was flying kinda high with a regular role on The Goldbergs, and then got moved to its spinoff. Then two years later he got hit with sexual harassment allegations, and everything kinda cratered.

Now he's stuck being Crowder's newest second banana. Sad!

Load Metric
    when's the last time a d list celebrity imploded this bad?

coolio? Flava Flav?

Crowder is done for after this daily wire contract bullshit and him being a weirdo possessive domineering incel type

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post
    when's the last time a d list celebrity imploded this bad?

coolio? Flava Flav?

Crowder is done for after this daily wire contract bullshit and him being a weirdo possessive domineering incel type
    Wasn't a sudden implosion though.

This entire thing dates back to at least 5 years ago, when he fucked over Not Gay Jared and Sven, and they abruptly disappeared from the show. It was obvious something was wrong behind the scenes there.

As more and more Crowder partners vanished (even his lawyer), I knew the guy had to be a Grade A asshole to work for.

I will admit the wife stuff surprised me, though I guess it kinda makes sense if he treated his employees that badly. That was the final death blow he won't recover from, but the other shit with both Daily Wire and the former employees are the extra nails in that coffin.

I wonder how long he has these new guys under contract. They all seem unhappy to be there. Look at Bryan Callen. Just looks very uncomfortable and subdued, wondering how his career led him to this point.

Comments

dwai:

Gold
    Load Metric

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Somehow I never fully explained what is bankrolling Crowder these days.

In March he signed an "exclusive contract" with Rumble: https://www.globenewswire.com/news-r...xclusives.html

This "exclusive contract" is stupid because it allows you to watch on YouTube anyway, unless you want to watch live. So if you watch Crowder after the live show (as most people do), you don't need Rumble. Total fail. If they wanted this contract to be worth anything, Rumble should have forced him to show like 15 minutes on YouTube and encourage everyone to go to Rumble to see the rest. That would train people to use Rumble to see it in the first place.

I wonder how much money they gave him. Rumble (RUM on NASDAQ) has a $2.65 billion market cap, so it's possible they threw idiotic money at him, seeing him as their version of Sirius' Howard Stern.

Gotta be buyers remorse at this point. Their executives should have had discipline and respect. Looks like now they're at an impasse.

Comments

Mission146: OMFG the last line! If I hadn't grabbed the desk, I would have actually fallen over laughing.

Thread Information