Thread: Yunel Escobar wears face paint that says "You are a faggot" in Spanish

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Yunel Escobar wears face paint that says "You are a faggot" in Spanish

This is real, not a photoshop.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-bi...9843--mlb.html

Yunel Escobar has always been a controversial player, though the source of the public's angst has mostly been derived from the difference between expectations and actual production.

The Toronto Blue Jays shortstop, however, finds himself in a bit of hot water as it has been pointed out that Escobar took the field on Saturday with a gay slur printed in Spanish on his eye black. The "tu ere maricon" (sic) can be translated to "you are a f----t" and was first pointed out by @james_in_to_, a Jays fan who took a similar picture from behind the Toronto dugout.

Escobar has some explaining to do, but there is some reason to reserve judgment. Former Jays pitcher Dirk Hayhurst believes it to be a clubhouse prank — which basically just means there's a different source for such blatant homophobia. There's also the fact that Escobar sometimes wears eye black with funny sayings, so this would be out of character. (These, for instance, read "CHILLING")

Here's the thing, though: Eye black now comes in a strip or sticker form and players can write motivational sayings (think Tim Tebow) before applying themselves. There would be no need for Escobar to ask another player to write on his face. The handwriting in the "CHILLING" picture also matches the handwriting from the photo above.

No matter the explanation, it goes without saying that the Blue Jays definitely need to address this. Major League Baseball is already looking into the matter as ESPN's Jerry Crasnick reports.
    Here is an earlier picture of Yunel, where he wrote the harmless word "CHILLING" on his eye black:

Name:  yunel-chilling.png
Views: 7035
Size:  661.1 KB

As the Yahoo article pointed out, the handwriting is the same, so he can't blame this one on someone else.

Load Metric
    http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Baseball/M.../20207481.html

The Toronto Blue Jays have suspended shortstop Yunel Escobar three games for displaying a homophobic message on his eye-black during a game on Saturday.

The Spanish words translate to "you are a faggot." In some Spanish-speaking locales the definition reportedly is not considered a slur.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    this just goes to show you that calling somebody a faggot is in quite a few peoples vocabulary.

it doesn't mean anything else in this instance.

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    I guess I'm the only one that is still laughing.

Load Metric
    I like the idea of putting make-up on your face that is demonizing towards gay people.
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    I guess I'm the only one that is still laughing.
    it is.

i believe it meant nothing. saying faggot is just like saying asshole to quite a few people,...very interchangeable terms in certain circles w/ limited vocabulary.

Thread Information