View Poll Results: What happened to Juan, Maria, and Rosa?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Juan (hostile employee) got fired, nothing else happened

5 25.00%
  • Juan got fired, Maria (shift manager) got discipined, nothing else happened

2 10.00%
  • Juan and Maria got fired, nothing else happened

0 0%
  • Juan and Maria got fired, Rosa (general manager) got disciplined

4 20.00%
  • Juan, Maria, and Rosa all got fired

1 5.00%
  • Juan and Maria got disciplined, nothing happened to Rosa, nobody fired

1 5.00%
  • Nobody got in any trouble

7 35.00%
  • Don't know / don't care

0 0%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: JEW Make the Call -- Hostile Fast Food Worker Edition

Load Metric
    todge get on this

Load Metric
    and yes there was massive shame being in a kfc drive thru at 10 am i am aware of my actions

Load Metric
    voice of experience talking (I ran my own business for 12 years): Druff was the kind of customer I would send to competitors.

as far complaining...i think it is better to just take your business elsewhere; let the absent owner learn on his own how to run his business better...
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GrenadaRoger View Post
    voice of experience talking (I ran my own business for 12 years): Druff was the kind of customer I would send to competitors.

as far complaining...i think it is better to just take your business elsewhere; let the absent owner learn on his own how to run his business better...
    To be clear, you would not fire two employees solely based on a customers perceived experience while trying to order a French Dip n' Swiss?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post

To be clear, you would not fire two employees solely based on a customers perceived experience while trying to order a French Dip n' Swiss?
    well, i didn't have employees--i was a one man act or worked with a minor partner--so there was no one to fire, and that was because i didn't want headaches employees cause--it meant i missed out on making more money by staying small, but the stress avoided was worth it to me; and also i provided a professional service to a recurring client base, not selling food to walk in trade...qualifying a client during an initial interview was a big part of job--Druff would have been tactfully refused if he came to me. In short, i stayed in my lane.
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

well, i didn't have employees--i was a one man act or worked with a minor partner--so there was no one to fire, and that was because i didn't want headaches employees cause--it meant i missed out on making more money by staying small, but the stress avoided was worth it to me; and also i provided a professional service to a recurring client base, not selling food to walk in trade...qualifying a client during an initial interview was a big part of job--Druff would have been tactfully refused if he came to me. In short, i stayed in my lane.
    Fine, but you would probably agree the customer is always right until they prove to be insane. Ultimately no customer is directing you.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

When I go into offices with professional services, I'm not a difficult customer. The only time I will become that is if there's something shady going on, or if they're not following the law and it's negatively affecting me. Otherwise I don't cause trouble.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dive_Bar_Dave View Post
    This thread is classic Todd. How long will this story take on the next podcast? Over an hour?
    One hour and twenty-two minutes is the length.

Load Metric

This ^^^^

I reward the small business owner with my business. That’s my attitude. You fuck with me & I'm done. I walk out. I will never return if I can possibly help it.

I ain’t arguing about cheese.

The psychic reward and karma I get from blacklisting and badmouthing businesses is huge. Bad food & bad service isn’t a three strike deal.

If the business has bad processes (employee training and management) well I’m not here to help with that. It’s not the kid in my opinion. It’s management/process.

I consider myself extremely loyal to folks that do treat me right. Being loyal makes me happy too.

I’ve been wondering if Druff ever went back.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

This ^^^^

I reward the small business owner with my business. That’s my attitude. You fuck with me & I'm done. I walk out. I will never return if I can possibly help it.

I ain’t arguing about cheese.

The psychic reward and karma I get from blacklisting and badmouthing businesses is huge. Bad food & bad service isn’t a three strike deal.

If the business has bad processes (employee training and management) well I’m not here to help with that. It’s not the kid in my opinion. It’s management/process.

I consider myself extremely loyal to folks that do treat me right. Being loyal makes me happy too.

I’ve been wondering if Druff ever went back.
    Did not ever go back.

In this particular case, leaving the owner to eventually suffer his own fate wasn't really the right move.

First off, given my refusal to return, I needed the $100 BACK from the gift cards, and obviously had to justify it. So I had no choice but to tell this story to management.

However, even without that factor, I would have reported it to the owner. There are two reasons for this:

1) It was during the toughest time to find workers, especially at low-end jobs. Therefore, all fast food business owners were very aware their employees were shit, and just had to grit their teeth and tolerate it until the worker availability situation improved. (It still hasn't rebounded all that much, by the way.) Thus, hiring subpar employees was less of the fault of the business owner, especially in mid-2021. So I wanted the guy to know just how "subpar" his underling really hired here.

2) In general, I don't allow workers to get confrontational with me and/or mistreat me without their bosses knowing. If the owner himself mistreats me, then refusing to return (and maybe writing a bad review online) are the appropriate responses, as it hits the culprit directly in the pocketbook. When a worker does it, I want the boss to know what is going on at his business, and therefore it hits the person in the pocketbook who caused the issue (because they presumably get fired or disciplined). If the boss doesn't give a shit and lets it continue, then it will often cause his business to fail.

If you are an employee, you will never be able to use your job as a way to run a power trip on me or fuck with me. I will be the guy who comes back and tells the whole story to your boss. Employees do not have the right to fuck with me, as it is not their business.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

When I go into offices with professional services, I'm not a difficult customer. The only time I will become that is if there's something shady going on, or if they're not following the law and it's negatively affecting me. Otherwise I don't cause trouble. But by God, if someone messes with my Pepper-jack options it is on.
    FYP

Bronze
    Load Metric
    In case you were wondering who replaced Juan and Maria after Druff got them fired:

https://www.dailydot.com/irl/carls-j...e-thru-ai/?amp

Load Metric
    Best to leave people like Sloppy Joe and his fast food career alone. Hard to imagine a more soul crushing job.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post
    Best to leave people like Sloppy Joe and his fast food career alone. Hard to imagine a more soul crushing job.
    You're going to die all alone.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post
    You're going to die all alone.
    Technically we all do, other than a plane crash or other incident.

Thread Information