Thread: Frontier airline has all you can fly 799$

Load Metric

Frontier airline has all you can fly 799$

One year, may to may. Some blackout dates mainly holidays. If you book 21 days in advance baggage is 15$.

https://www.flyfrontier.com/deals/go...s/?mobile=true
    Eat the booty like groceries

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Most of you probably know this, but Frontier is shit. They are a slight step up from Spirit. A very slight step up.

The "seat pitch" (distance between seats) is usually 28 inches, which is horrendous. This means that a person around 5'6" will be uncomfortable, someone around 5'10" will be very uncomfortable, and someone over 6' will not fit and have to put their legs in the aisle.

Customer service is awful, even by airline standards, and you are treated like an asshole during the flight.

If you have little money and want/need to fly often, this might be a good thing to get, but otherwise stay away. I will absolutely never fly a discount airline, and not just because I'm tall.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Cost more to have carryon than the actual ticket.

Load Metric
    Reminds me of the legendary American Airlines unlimited first class AAirpass ticket sold for $250,000 in 1981.

Story goes it was Mark Cuban’s first purchase after he binked his video streaming IPO. There were a lot of stories surrounding the ticket… I can’t remember any names atm.

American Airlines was on the ropes at the time and needed cash. Any kind of cash. Those that grabbed the deal made out huge. All airlines go bankrupt eventually. It’s a law of physics like “lift” and “drag”.

A bad American Airlines in the 80’s would be the lap of luxury compared to anything but charter today. Flying is the nut low.

Comments

Pickleball: Agreed!

Load Metric
    They offered this a couple months back for $599.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Reminds me of the legendary American Airlines unlimited first class AAirpass ticket sold for $250,000 in 1981.

Story goes it was Mark Cuban’s first purchase after he binked his video streaming IPO. There were a lot of stories surrounding the ticket… I can’t remember any names atm.

American Airlines was on the ropes at the time and needed cash. Any kind of cash. Those that grabbed the deal made out huge. All airlines go bankrupt eventually. It’s a law of physics like “lift” and “drag”.

A bad American Airlines in the 80’s would be the lap of luxury compared to anything but charter today. Flying is the nut low.
    It pretty much sucks no matter what. Yes some give you more legroom or better service but if the experience is pretty much all miserable anyway I'm saving the cash and going with the cheapest option. I've flown Frontier with no issues. Same with Southwest and Spirit. I'm only 5 10 and not fat so I fit into the seats ok. I can handle being uncomfortable for a few hours. I'm flying Breeze in March. Sometimes you get lucky and the flight isn't full and you get more room anyway.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by country978 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

It pretty much sucks no matter what. Yes some give you more legroom or better service but if the experience is pretty much all miserable anyway I'm saving the cash and going with the cheapest option. I've flown Frontier with no issues. Same with Southwest and Spirit. I'm only 5 10 and not fat so I fit into the seats ok. I can handle being uncomfortable for a few hours. I'm flying Breeze in March. Sometimes you get lucky and the flight isn't full and you get more room anyway.
    Okay, well good luck. I once accidentally booked a budget airline in Canada, not understanding what it was until the following day, and I regretted it big time. Horrible flight, horrible staff, horrible airline.

Frontier/Spirit are fine until they're not fine. Zero customer service. Everyone who works there looks down on you. If you have an issue which is out of the ordinary and need help, forget about it. Same thing with Southwest, though the standard treatment you get is better than Frontier/Spirit.

To each his own, but I ain't touching that shit, and I still wouldn't even if I were shorter.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    By the way, remember the bipartisan SEAT act of 2018, which was supposed to address the shrinking airline seat?

What happened to that over the past 4 years?

Well, the act passed, and the FAA was supposed to study and mandate the minimum seat size. Instead, they sat on their hands for 2 years, before doing lol "safety studies" regarding evacuations, totally ignoring comfort and injury concerns regarding the tiny seats.

Right now, there is still no minimum seat pitch requirement, nor any mandated warning when people purchase small seats.

FAA still futzing around with "emergency evacuation times", as if that's the only concern here. Dumb. Government = joke

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    What really needs to happen is full transparency regarding seating, along with a minimum seat pitch for a certain percentage of seats in mainline airlines.

For example, a good law would say:

- Mainline airlines must have at least 60% of economy seats with a pitch of 31" or more

- Discount airlines must have a pitch of 29" or more

- Anyone attempting to buy a seat with a pitch under 31" must be presented with a large, clear warning regarding the comfort for people taller people (and anyone over 5'5" for 29" pitch), with an acknowledgement box that they understand the legroom situation and still agree to buy it

It's bullshit that people find the "surprise" of the super cramped legroom when they buy discount airline tickets. They should not be selling seats to men over 6' on these discount airlines unless they are 100% aware at the time of purchase that they won't fit without having to put their legs in the aisle.

I am all for free markets, but part of the free market is transparency.

Load Metric
    Went to Breckenridge over the holidays and left plane tickets for my wife to arrange as we were mid-move and I didn't have time

She went with Frontier; noted Druff issues with cramped seat space but they moved us with no issue/upgrade after initially having split us all up. Only 2ish hour flight so whatever. Her logic was that all domestic flights suck and it was hundreds less for three of us. If not Frontier/Spirit I would agree but..

Issues began when we landed; due to a staff shortage in Denver we had to wait more than 2 hours for baggage, causing our private shuttle to wait for that length with me coughing up a lot more in tip for the wait. Expected ETA to Breckenridge was 11pm, ended up being 3am due to weather and delay. Obviously this wastes an entire day of vacation being tired as shit with a child.

On the way home, 2+ hour delay due to a late arriving flight. Faggots tried to auto comp $200 total for future Frontier flights; I'm currently Druffing it up trying to get cash to offset the extra I had to tip and whatever else I can recoup, as I will never use them again. Obviously awful customer service and I expect a similar timeline as when the ER cucked Druff over his gout tests.

That $799 price might be good if you're single, fly all the time (or if poor) but I imagine it's the ultimate bait & switch with hidden blackout dates, ushing buyers of this on stand bys, etc.

I wouldn't buy it for $200 for my family total.

Comments

Sanlmar: You owe us pictures. Rockies snow has me dreaming
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Most of you probably know this, but Frontier is shit. They are a slight step up from Spirit. A very slight step up.

The "seat pitch" (distance between seats) is usually 28 inches, which is horrendous. This means that a person around 5'6" will be uncomfortable, someone around 5'10" will be very uncomfortable, and someone over 6' will not fit and have to put their legs in the aisle.

Customer service is awful, even by airline standards, and you are treated like an asshole during the flight.

If you have little money and want/need to fly often, this might be a good thing to get, but otherwise stay away. I will absolutely never fly a discount airline, and not just because I'm tall.
    I have flown Spirit Airlines and was okay with it. But only because I paid for the first row seats. The seats are huge and lots of leg room. I believe the 2nd row is just like the 1st row. Obviously it cost me a lot more but I would rather pay 50% more for the comfort. It is kind of like flying first class but without the first class service. Just the comfortable seats. Of course they rip you off charging you for a checked bag and maybe even for a carry-on bag. I forget if there is a charge for carry-on bags as it has been over 7 years since I flew on Spirit.

As far as Frontier goes, I cannot see paying $800.00 for a year's worth of flying almost as a stand-by passenger. There are close to 65 black out days. You have to book a domestic flight one day in advance and 10 days in advance for an international flght.I had no idea that Frontier flew international flights.

Load Metric
    todge whats ur bottom dollar we buy this for you and we can ship you off to north dakota at a moments notice hotel in nd comes out of our pocket but we just get to fly you to hilarious places at 11 pm

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lol wow View Post
    todge whats ur bottom dollar we buy this for you and we can ship you off to north dakota at a moments notice hotel in nd comes out of our pocket but we just get to fly you to hilarious places at 11 pm
    Might have done this when I was younger, if the money was right, but not anymore.

Too old now for hilarious shenanigans. You're too late.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Drawingdead View Post
    One year, may to may. Some blackout dates mainly holidays. If you book 21 days in advance baggage is 15$.

https://www.flyfrontier.com/deals/go...s/?mobile=true

Im going to look into this now actually that's not bad for a year with Frontier.

ive flown Florida/A.C./Vegas enough this price would be great but Frontier doesnt service Atlantic City International. Spirit Air is the only major Airline there actually.
    Last edited by garrett; 01-11-2023 at 05:02 AM.

Load Metric
    double post remove druff

Load Metric
    I considered buying it but I don’t plan on traveling a lot this year. I really only have 1 trip planned at the moment.

Generally on my solo poker trips, I fly frontier from chi to Vegas and catch the Saturday night red eye home. It’s not a bad flight but the plane is usually delayed 2 hours. The seat are horrible, it’s like sitting on plastic .the leg room doesn’t bother me I’m only 5’8. If I decide to take a bunch of poker trips next year I’ll buy it and fly to Vegas every two or three weeks. It will play for itself pretty quickly.

With that being said 95% of my flights are on United or American. I don’t really fly any other carriers.

My wife and I might fly to Vegas the first weekend of FEB, we’re looking at prices now. Frontier had flights for 100$ a person RT. After baggage and seats the total comes to 311$ lol, United is 315$ rt. And I opened the CC last year so it covers my baggage. I’ll be flying United if I go
    Eat the booty like groceries

Load Metric
    I don’t mind Frontier, if the flight is less than 2 hours and I’m only carrying a book bag, otherwise, no way.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by devidee View Post
    They offered this a couple months back for $599.
    I’ll admit I bought this for the 599 and I’m 6’1

Travel a fair amount on short notice and didn’t mind them nearly as much as Spirit so I’m giving it a go. Will report back on the execution of the program, as it doesn’t go into effect until May

Thread Information