Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NYC hotel suggestions

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

NYC hotel suggestions

I am going to New York soon, and would like to stay in the right hotel.

Here is what I am looking for:

- 4-star type of property. Looking for something in the $250-$400 range. The nicest hotels are over $700, and I don't want to spend that much. I also don't want to stay in a dump or semi-dump.

- Central location. I want to stay either near Times Square or Central Park. Times Square would be preferred, provided that the hotel is quiet enough to sleep.

- Decent sized room with king bed. I know it's New York and hotel rooms are always small, but I can't stay in a tiny room because I will have both my girlfriend and Benjamin there with me.

- Clean, well-maintained, etc.

I have found a few possible candidates, but would like to hear from anyone else familiar with hotels in NYC.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    In before someone suggests this:

I might go in there just for lulz though.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    In before someone suggests this:

I might go in there just for lulz though.
    I was in a hotel right next to the Carter once. LOL.

The Crowne Plaza Times Square is a great location. Not sure what the bed situation is like though. Only room I was in had 2 beds.

Also, The Time is awesome but their rooms are probably smaller than you are looking for.
    "You run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole; you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole."

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Marriott Marquis is right off Times Square. Nice place with nice lobby bar.

Any plans in NYC?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post

Any plans in NYC?
    I have stayed here twice. Both times it was excellent, and both times we had Times Square views which was awesome at night.

Nothing like people watching from 30+ stories up.

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    We stayed at the Hotel Avalon a few years ago, it fits the bill - large rooms, central location (32nd St), not too expensive.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_R..._New_York.html
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Bronze
    Load Metric

- 4-star type of property. Looking for something in the $250-$400 range. The nicest hotels are over $700, and I don't want to spend that much. I also don't want to stay in a dump or semi-dump.

- Central location. I want to stay either near Times Square or Central Park. Times Square would be preferred, provided that the hotel is quiet enough to sleep.

- Decent sized room with king bed. I know it's New York and hotel rooms are always small, but I can't stay in a tiny room because I will have both my girlfriend and Benjamin there with me.

I have found a few possible candidates, but would like to hear from anyone else familiar with hotels in NYC.
    Rent an apartment for a couple days. Cheaper, better location, larger. Sometimes more amenities. new Yorkers are very used to renting out their rooms and flats when they are out of town. Some of them do it every time they travel the rent is so high. Plus convincing them that you are a well known person with a wiki page and NBC/ESPN interviews will lead them to trust you aren't going to trash their place and allow you to negotiate an extremely good deal. Remember these people are not going to be home anyway and their only risk/cost is possible damage or theft and little electricity.
    Quote Originally Posted by 408Mike View Post
    My mom has a few special requests actually, Vwls do you do any freelance work? For fun or at least pretty cheap? Mostly cutesy stuff with her horses and baby foal who is still a baby but a freaking huge one let me tell you.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post

Any plans in NYC?
    I have stayed here twice. Both times it was excellent, and both times we had Times Square views which was awesome at night.

I just looked it up. It has mixed reviews on Tripadvisor, though some of the bad reviews are stupid and won't apply to me (like a girl complaining that they wouldn't help her open her champagne bottle.)

However, it seems they want over $400 before tax for a Times Square view room.

Load Metric

Marriot in Times Square. Nowhere else you should stay....
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Only God can judge me. So either LOVE ME or LEAVE ME ALONE"

IG- Changethegame71 tell me more about how much you hate me, even though you know you can't help but follow me

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JUSTIFIEDhomicide View Post

Marriot in Times Square. Nowhere else you should stay....
    nigga thats where u told me to stay when i was there. it was like $800 a night, so obv didnt stay. If i'm too jewish for that, what chances are Druff paying that rate?
    Quote Originally Posted by 408Mike View Post
    My mom has a few special requests actually, Vwls do you do any freelance work? For fun or at least pretty cheap? Mostly cutesy stuff with her horses and baby foal who is still a baby but a freaking huge one let me tell you.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I'm just going to go on record right now and say that I've never paid $500 or more for a single night's hotel stay in my life.

And I think I've paid over $400 only once.

I've paid over $300 a ton of times.

I am okay spending $300+ per night.

For some reason, once it breaks $400, my Jewish side kicks in, I realize that I am paying over 4 bills for a single night of sleep, and I start to feel uncomfortable about the whole thing.

Silver
    Load Metric
    I'll be in the Brooklyn area from Sept. 27th-30th, and I'm looking for a fairly cheap room.

I was thinking of staying in a hostel the first 2 nights cause I'll be solo, but I want a nicer room on Saturday, the 29th. Looks like I'm gonna be out about 3 bills.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83 View Post

I just looked it up. It has mixed reviews on Tripadvisor, though some of the bad reviews are stupid and won't apply to me (like a girl complaining that they wouldn't help her open her champagne bottle.)

Can you do the $20 trick to get a better view in NYC?
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by PLOL View Post

What $20 trick?

Are you referring to the time I paid someone in NYC $20 to give me their place in line for a speedboat ride?

Silver
    Load Metric
    you can go on priceline, 4 star a hotel at $100 and get a Hyatt or something similar in Manhattan.

Load Metric
    Really surprised you don't know about the $20 trick. When you check in to a hotel you put a $20 bill in between your credit card and driver's license and you say "Is there anything you can do about a room upgrade".

http://thetwentydollartrick.com/
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Really surprised you don't know about the $20 trick. When you check in to a hotel you put a $20 bill in between your credit card and driver's license and you say "Is there anything you can do about a room upgrade".

http://thetwentydollartrick.com/
    Interesting. I'll have to try this.

I actually gave some manager in Aruba $100 five years ago because he gave me a MAJOR upgrade for free (to pretty much the best room on property), and I was staying there for a week, so it made a huge difference. He had already given it to me, so I gave him the $100 just out of appreciation.

Load Metric
    VRBO.com

Gamble is right. You are better off renting from someone than getting a hotel.

We just got a four bedroom house with a pool 10 minutes from Disney near Celebration, FL for $650 for 6 days using that site.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I'm not going to be there long enough to be able to rent an apartment.

It is an interesting thing to think about for the future, but not this time.

Load Metric
    That or tell them it's your anniversary. Did pay ~299/night, but upgraded to a nice suite.

Thread Information