Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It is possible that PFA user IAmGreek passed away in July -- and was actually a woman

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

It is possible that PFA user IAmGreek passed away in July -- and was actually a woman

IAmGreek, a sometimes forum poster and regular radio listener, vanished on July 13.

I knew his real name, and that he was 79 years old. Of course, fearing the worst, I googled for obituaries.

I found that IAmGreek's wife, who also sometimes listened, passed away from cancer on July 17. She was 77.

My theory at the time was that his wife's passing -- 4 days after his last PFA login -- depressed him to the point where he no longer took joy in frivolous activities like PFA, and never came back.

However, now I have a different theory.

IAmGreek's last name was Irish -- something I hadn't expected when I first learned it years ago. However, I assumed he was just Greek on his mom's side.

The obituary for his wife, however, revealed a Greek-sounding maiden name. Hmmm...

The obituary also revealed she played poker.

I messaged a friend of IAmGreek's from PFA. This person texted IAmGreek and asked if he was okay. A relative responded from that number and indicated that the person who had this number passed from cancer on July 17.

Later, when this person texted the number again for clarity, it was indeed revealed that this number belonged to the female half of the IAmGreek couple, and that the male half was still alive.

Thus, I think IAmGreek was the wife (Angie), and not the husband like we all thought it was.

In any case, my condolences toward Angie's family and her husband Bob (who I know was at least aware of PFA), and RIP.

Load Metric
    RIP IamGreek

I am surprised to find out it was mrsGreek all along.

Me and IamGreek met in the Quadjacks chat from Black Friday and we chatted online for many years. They even sent me photos of them. Very nice people and I am gonna miss them.

Comments

sah_24: I remember greek from quadjacks chat too

Load Metric
    Rip mrs iamgreek.

You sure they maybe just didn’t share the account? Lots of older couples do that including cellphones. There are lots of posts from iamgreek trying to sell pieces of the wife like for the main event and it just seems weird to have made it up that way.

But I’m sure you know even more info druff and out of respect don’t want to make it public

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post
    Rip mrs iamgreek.

You sure they maybe just didn’t share the account? Lots of older couples do that including cellphones. There are lots of posts from iamgreek trying to sell pieces of the wife like for the main event and it just seems weird to have made it up that way.

But I’m sure you know even more info druff and out of respect don’t want to make it public
    It is possible that they shared the account, but apparently the phone was hers.

IamGreek donated some Paris Las Vegas hotel certificates at one point, to be used for a radio contest. They were in Angie's name. I was told that his "wife" gave them, and that she listened sometimes. When I have sent freeroll money to IAmGreek in the past, it was to various accounts over time, in both of their names. That means, at the very least, Bob was aware of PFA. To my knowledge, nobody ever met IamGreek in person, nor talked to "him" over the phone.

Angie cashed in a tournament at the WSOP in 2017, at a time I was there. Despite being a very regular radio listener, he/she never told me they'd be there, nor did they make any attempt to meet me. Bob does not have any known poker results.

Aside from the aforementioned phone thing, note that IamGreek has not been on since July 13, and Angie passed away on July 17. Also note that Angie had the Greek-sounding maiden name, while Bob's last name was Irish. I e-mailed the address on the account last week to see if they were okay, and got no response.

There are other pieces of evidence pointing to IamGreek actually having been Angie, but I cannot disclose them all.

While I cannot be sure, I believe that Angie was the main and perhaps only person on the IamGreek account.

Load Metric
    RIP IAMGREEK

Comments

Salty_Aus: You gave her cancer

Load Metric
    shame

Load Metric
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Died waiting for her freeroll payout?

Comments

zealanddonk: Druff but fair

rollinx420: lulz

WillieMcFML: lol merry xmas pops

Load Metric
    Due to a prior fake cancer diagnosis, I have trust issues with cancer diagnoses on this forum.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Defintiely sad that a member in good standing here has passed away, and very definitely a PFA move if it turns out IamGreek was really the wife.
    When faced with a difficult decision, ask yourself "What would Micon do?", then do the opposite.

PFA Rookie of the Year Awards
    2012: The Templar (unknown)
    2013: Jasep $5000+
    2015: Micon's gofundme legal defense $3k begging for 100k:
    2018: 4Dragons
    2019: Dutch Boyd: Mike Postle
    2020: Covid19
    2021: SMIFlorida and some sort of shit coins for $50k
    2022: BDubs leaks chums club info
    2023: 22nd Feb 4th Dec Youtube channels removed
    2024: Dustin Morgan wins Chrissy's $1000 contest

Load Metric
    WHAT. OMG G. are you serious. are you serious. I am soo heartbroken right now. oh my friend. why. why
    PFA POY once

Platinum
    Load Metric
    First Walter now Greek…rough year.

Load Metric
    What happened to Walter? Ive seen him at Americas card room. Not in a while though did he really die or just quit posting on here?

Comments

OK2: Tucked tail and bailed. dwai demoralised him beyond salvation

Load Metric
    Very sad to see this. Rest In Peace.

OPA

Quote Originally Posted by FRANKRIZZO View Post
    What happened to Walter? Ive seen him at Americas card room. Not in a while though did he really die or just quit posting on here?

Load Metric
    I do find it strange that a relative other than her Husband of a half of century would be in possession of her phone. I’m sure the relative was likely her husband (which is ok). I guess it’s possible it could have been an adult child or Grandchild wanting to take the hardship off her husband from responding to all the calls/text that came in on her phone after her death.

Silver
    Load Metric
    I am curious as well and shocked Detective Druff hasn't solved the case. It's more likely he solved it and I missed it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post
    I am curious as well and shocked Detective Druff hasn't solved the case. It's more likely he solved it and I missed it.
    I thought somewhere druff confirmed he was a dupe

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post

No, I never said that.

Walter just left the forum, at least for now.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

No, I never said that.

Walter just left the forum, at least for now.
    Can you confirm he was not a dupe then?

Thread Information