Thread: Lederer will be homeless and pokernews gets the interview

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Lederer will be homeless and pokernews gets the interview

Nice Sunday article from the RJ here in Vegas. Can't wait to hear what he's got to say . They sure left a great ending to the article

"Don't think for minute, however, that Lederer is just going to hand the government the keys to the houses and cars.

He reportedly broke his 20-month silence to give an interview to PokerNews.com, which could soon appear on the popular website.

Lederer may still have a few hands to play."

Howard, You are a snake.

http://www.lvrj.com/business/feds-ey...169941086.html

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Scumbag was still buying luxury cars AFTER Black Friday.

I really hope the feds seize everything and don't go easy on him. It's pretty funny how he is crediting himself with making the sale to Pokerstars happen -- something that wouldn't have been necessary in the first place if he hadn't stolen the money.

Load Metric
    Me defeating Druff 100 BB heads up - http://youtu.be/LmxTH0rZaLk?t=2h12m35s

Load Metric
    Name:  220px-DutchBoyd.jpg
Views: 662
Size:  19.5 KB

Load Metric
    what a piece of garbage. the feds know he bought his shit with stolen moneyz, so he is obviously gona lose his shit. he obviously deserves it too.

/end thread

Banned
    Load Metric
    Maybe Howard can rent a room from accused poker cheater Matt Marafioti.

Name:  Matt_Marafioti_cheater.jpg
Views: 522
Size:  166.0 KB

Banned
    Load Metric
    As the RJ reported, this testimonial is still up on the home builder's website.

Name:  Howard_Lederer_home_builder.JPG
Views: 501
Size:  79.2 KB

Load Metric
    http://t.co/zwOIQZlB

PokerNews is pleased to confirm the upcoming release of "The Lederer Files," a series of videos compiled from an exclusive, seven-hour interview with Howard Lederer on Saturday, Sept. 8, 2012. In the interview, Lederer breaks his silence on the events leading up to and surrounding Full Tilt Poker and Black Friday.

On Thursday, Aug. 30, I received a phone call from someone letting me know that Lederer was interested in breaking his nearly two-year silence by sitting down for an interview with PokerNews. Although at that point the process was not clear, I jumped at the opportunity and we began making arrangements with Lederer to finally get answers that the poker community has been waiting for.
    The prospect of such a monumental interview was exciting, but the burden of representing the very community all of us at PokerNews work so hard to serve was not something to be overlooked.

During my initial conversation with Lederer, I made it clear that if he was looking for an outlet to make this easy on him in return for the opportunity to run a story, then we were not interested. I also made it clear that my team and I would need adequate time to prepare in full, and that he would need to prepare for quite a long sit-down to cover everything we were hoping to cover. Lederer agreed, and ultimately we decided on a video interview so there would be nothing lost in translation. The poker community deserved not only to read what Lederer had to say, but they deserved to see and hear the answers directly.

Over the course of the next week, I poured through as much information as I could in relation to Full Tilt Poker's rise and fall, Lederer's relationship with the company, and the indictments and complaints from the Department of Justice. I scoured online poker forums to learn what was most important to the community, in addition to trying to speak to people relevant to the story, most of whom declined to speak or comment. I also spent some time with Lederer to get a better feel for the story itself, and the man with whom I would be sitting face to face with in an attempt to find the truth about the failure of Full Tilt Poker.

The interview took place on the 46th floor of The Palazzo in Las Vegas on Saturday, Sept. 8 at 5 p.m., and over the course of the next eight hours, we shot just under seven hours of footage. We initially planned to release the interview a few days later, but it became evident that with such a large amount of footage, there was a lot of hard work left to do to serve the public and the poker community in a way that both accurately depicted what had transpired, but also what was easy to digest and understand. The PokerNews team and I reviewed the footage, and spent the past week editing and preparing for the release of what will ultimately be known as "The Lederer Files."
    The video will be released in six or possibly even seven 30-minute video segments. It will all begin with part one and part two on Tuesday, Sept. 18, and the remainder of the segments will be released throughout this week.

It should be noted that the interview took place before the most recent amended complaint was filed by the Department of Justice on Monday, Sept. 10.

The entire team and I and worked as hard as we could to get answers to the questions we knew the poker community would ultimately be most interested in having asked, including topics such as payment processing, segregation of player and operating accounts, Ray Bitar, Phil Ivey, player loans, Black Friday, and the eventual forfeiture of Full Tilt Poker assets to PokerStars.

We look forward to sharing this story with you and hearing your feedback and insight. Be sure to keep your browsers locked to PokerNews tomorrow for parts one and two.

Read more: http://www.pokernews.com/news/2012/0...tion-13421.htm

Load Metric
    I just read this pokernews article and am a little dismayed that 7 hours of interview is being whittled down to 3-3.5 hours? They lead the article with "we decided on a video interview so there would be nothing lost in translation. The poker community deserved not only to read what Lederer had to say, but they deserved to see and hear the answers directly." but then edit 1/2 the interview out? I HOPE they release the full interview afterwards for people who want to sit through it
    I write things about poker at my Poker Blog and elsewhere on the Internets

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post
    I just read this pokernews article and am a little dismayed that 7 hours of interview is being whittled down to 3-3.5 hours? They lead the article with "we decided on a video interview so there would be nothing lost in translation. The poker community deserved not only to read what Lederer had to say, but they deserved to see and hear the answers directly." but then edit 1/2 the interview out? I HOPE they release the full interview afterwards for people who want to sit through it

If it's going to be over 3 hours anyway, might as well just show the whole thing. It's not like they're just picking out the most interesting 20 minutes.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Also surprised that Howard did this while his civil case is still pending. Anything he says there can be used against him in court.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

If it's going to be over 3 hours anyway, might as well just show the whole thing. It's not like they're just picking out the most interesting 20 minutes.
    I wouldn't mind if they edited it down and then released the entire unedited interview. I'm sure they are thinking nobody is going to sit through 7 hours of Lederer so let's release it in six 30-minute clips, but I think the edits could paint him in a better light, and would like to see the pauses, delays, and so on.

***EDIT*** I asked Rick Ryan and PoekrNews if they would release the unedited interview at some point, here is the response:

Rich Ryan‏@RichTRyan

@SteveRuddock Living outside of LV I was only a part of the pre-production process, so I can't speak specifically for the other two phases.
    Not really sure what to make of this

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

I wouldn't mind if they edited it down and then released the entire unedited interview. I'm sure they are thinking nobody is going to sit through 7 hours of Lederer so let's release it in six 30-minute clips, but I think the edits could paint him in a better light, and would like to see the pauses, delays, and so on.

***EDIT*** I asked Rick Ryan and PoekrNews if they would release the unedited interview at some point, here is the response:

Rich Ryan‏@RichTRyan

@SteveRuddock Living outside of LV I was only a part of the pre-production process, so I can't speak specifically for the other two phases.
    I don't even understand this whole thing.

I know what they think they're doing. They're taking a really long interview (7 hours), editing out half of it, and making 7 30-minute "episodes" out of it, which will make it easier and more digestible for the public.

However, I think they're kinda giving us the worst of both worlds. It's too much of a time investment for those that just want the quick highlights, and for the people who DO have the time, it's removing content they want to see.

I agree that they should release the 7 unedited hours for those who want to see it.

I also think they'd be better off making an hour special with the best parts of the interview, and then releasing the full, unedited version alongside of it.

Load Metric

Rich Ryan‏@RichTRyan

I don't even understand this whole thing.

I know what they think they're doing. They're taking a really long interview (7 hours), editing out half of it, and making 7 30-minute "episodes" out of it, which will make it easier and more digestible for the public.

However, I think they're kinda giving us the worst of both worlds. It's too much of a time investment for those that just want the quick highlights, and for the people who DO have the time, it's removing content they want to see.

I agree that they should release the 7 unedited hours for those who want to see it.

I also think they'd be better off making an hour special with the best parts of the interview, and then releasing the full, unedited version alongside of it.
    Probably thinking from a "good for the site" mentality. seven seperate interviews means seven visits, and with the proper tease for each segment the poker community will just keep coming back.

I really want to know the editing process (did they edit out pauses or did it go further where they changed the chronology of the interview) and who was involved with editing it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    In case anyone cares, once these interview videos are released, I will watch them and play portions of them on my radio show, analyzing the most notable segments.

I have done this with other interviews in the past, including ones with Mason Malmuth, Joe Sebok, and most recently, Patrick Partouche (though that one was pretty brief).

I will try to listen to parts one and two tomorrow (the only two being released) and have this ready in time for the radio show.

Load Metric
    Editing is super-suspect. Video starts off with bright sunlight and minutes later is dead of night. Not happy that it's edited chronologically, but I am happy with the wuestions and answers overall

Thread Information