Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** MLB 2023 Thread

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    speaking of Trea Turner

I bet the Dodgers ownership thought about trying to lure Dave Dombrowski to LA.

He resigned with Phillies

Meanwhile Boston is stuck with Dombrowski’s replacement and Andrew Fraudman protege Chiam Bloom. Boston will not see the light of day until Bloom is shitcanned.
    Hours after I post my ridicule of Fraudman’s protege Chaim Bloom

Boston signs Kenley Jansen. You cannot make this stuff up. I’m gonna have the funnest summer ever.

Todgers leave winter meetings w/o a closer -1000.

Load Metric
    Judgment Day: Yanks sign judge for 300 mil plus for 10 years

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FRANKRIZZO View Post
    Yanks sign judge for 300 mil plus for 10 years
    Must be 2 Judge's Cause Aaron got 9 yrs on his contract not 10yrs but at about what I expected avg of $40M a year which seems fair given the market. Whats interesting is it leaked out San Diego offered him more in fact then the Yankees. Not sure how the hell the Padres thought they could afford a 3rd 300Milly+ contract.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Try $360m.

And the Padres offered him $400m, but again were spurned.

This is the second time that the Padres offered $40m-$60m over the highest competitor in the east, and got spurned. LOL

Padres probably did themselves a favor. While the huge market Yankees can afford to eat this contract if it goes bad in a few years, the Padres really can't, especially with all the other money they've committed lately.

The second half of this contract should be.... interesting, to say the least.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Oh, and remember Masataka Yoshida? The one on my NL-only fantasy team who I was hoping would come up huge for me as a super-cheap reserve keeper?

Well, not happening. He went to the Sawks for 5 years, $90m.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...ee-5-year-deal

Load Metric
    Trea Turner and others not interested in playing in California?

Oh geee

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Trea Turner and others not interested in playing in California?

Oh geee

His family is from Philadelphia, and in general he is just more comfortable in that area of the country. This has been eating at him ever since he was shipped from Washington DC to the Dodgers.

Load Metric
    Also a tid bit about Judge, he was offered a 200 million dollar contract last year before the almost 400 mill contract this year and declined. Also Hank Steinbrenner called him personally . Quite the gamble to turn down the 200 mill contract. Also gamble because he was injury prone before last years breakout season.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Try $360m.

And the Padres offered him $400m, but again were spurned.

This is the second time that the Padres offered $40m-$60m over the highest competitor in the east, and got spurned. LOL

Padres probably did themselves a favor. While the huge market Yankees can afford to eat this contract if it goes bad in a few years, the Padres really can't, especially with all the other money they've committed lately.

The second half of this contract should be.... interesting, to say the least.
    Padres finally found someone who’d take their money in Boegarts. Even though they already have a SS. Weird.

Silver
    Load Metric
    speaking of Trea Turner

I bet the Dodgers ownership thought about trying to lure Dave Dombrowski to LA.

He resigned with Phillies

Meanwhile Boston is stuck with Dombrowski’s replacement and Andrew Fraudman protege Chiam Bloom. Boston will not see the light of day until Bloom is shitcanned.
    Hours after I post my ridicule of Fraudman’s protege Chaim Bloom

Boston signs Kenley Jansen. You cannot make this stuff up. I’m gonna have the funnest summer ever.

Todgers leave winter meetings w/o a closer -1000.
    Not sure there’s going to be a pitcher the rule changes affect more than Kenley either. He was already the easiest pitcher since Jon Lester to run on and now it’s gonna be comical.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Uh oh!

MLB was fucking around with not just two, but THREE types of balls in 2022!

One was juiced, one was midgrade, and one was dead. It was found that these balls were distributed mostly randomly, EXCEPT the midgrade one was used for the postseason, and guess which team also got it most of the time?

Yep... the Yankees.

There is now a belief that this was on purpose, in order to create an exciting HR chase for Judge.

https://www.si.com/mlb/yankees/news/...home-run-chase

Yankees may have overpaid even more than they think.

Comments

Sanlmar: The MLB baseball nonsense exhausts me. Losing fans and credibility

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Dodgers front office has finally decided to give up on Correa. They tossed it around for awhile, and were seriously considering it, but it was decided that this will piss off fans too much, and fans are already pissed after the NLDS exit in 2022.

Shocking this was even considered. He and Altuve are two guys who should never be Dodgers.

Padres finally got their expensive signing in Xander Bogaerts. They overpaid, especially considering he's 30 and they signed him for 11 years (!!) and $280m.

Dodgers left the winter meetings holding an empty bag. Word on the street is that they want to fall under the luxury tax this year, so they can have an "under tax" year and won't have to pay the stiff penalty for being over it for 3 years in a row. They also aren't sure if they're going to owe Trevor Bauer any money, and apparently they're also not happy with the lack of value of the big signings this year. Everyone got overpaid.

The Dodgers are expected to fall back to earth this year, winning 90-something games, and hoping they can squeeze some luck out of the playoffs this time. For once I am not even that confident that they will win the NL West. The Padres will have a killer lineup, especially if Tatis comes back and hits well.

Load Metric
    Lol, didn’t really read you post past the Correa mock outrage. Deleted my knee jerk post. Seems you actually get it

Yeah, it’s the Bauer fuck up haunting them. He will still give you serviceable innings.

You will love listening to Don Orsillo broadcast the Padres games. He is perhaps the most entertaining in the biz.

Load Metric
    Uh oh!

One was juiced, one was midgrade, and one was dead. It was found that these balls were distributed mostly randomly, EXCEPT the midgrade one was used for the postseason, and guess which team also got it most of the time?

Yep... the Yankees.

There is now a belief that this was on purpose, in order to create an exciting HR chase for Judge.

LOL baseball. I loved it growing up but can't imagine watching it anymore.

Especially if your team sucks like 2/3 of the league, how the fuck do you keep people interested in 2022?

I went to a Rockies/Brewers game in Denver this year as a rest day activity between climbs and it was the most boring thing I've done since going to a Twins game in Minneapolis the year before.

Should be doing everything possible to liven up the game, let them take steroids again, juice balls etc.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    Uh oh!

Yep... the Yankees.

Especially if your team sucks like 2/3 of the league, how the fuck do you keep people interested in 2022?

I went to a Rockies/Brewers game in Denver this year as a rest day activity between climbs and it was the most boring thing I've done since going to a Twins game in Minneapolis the year before.

Should be doing everything possible to liven up the game, let them take steroids again, juice balls etc.
    Yes Rockies/Brewers sounds awful.

I went to a Rockies/Dodgers game in July 2021 in Denver, and most of the fans were there for the Dodgers. I'm not kidding. Sounded like a Dodgers home game. Was also hot and humid, even though it was a night game.

The big (and stupidly awarded) TV contracts from a decade or so ago are what is driving the huge contracts awarded. This fucks small market teams without such contracts. I'm a little confused how the Padres are spending like they are, because they aren't a big TV market (#27, just ahead of Baltimore).

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The 3 different balls thing likely wreaked havoc upon my 2022 MLB bets. You might recall I was having problems betting on totals, which I was previously good at doing. I had such a hard time predicting these, and now it makes sense.

Why use 3 different balls in the same year? Makes no fucking sense, unless you're looking to semi-rig something, or even more sinister, help a friend who bets big on sports.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Anyway, Dansby Swanson signed with the Twins. Brandon Nimmo went back to the Mets. That's almost it for the big name free agents. The last two left are Carlos Correa and Carlos Rodon, both of whom will end up overpaid. The rest are either failplayers or has-beens. Actually lots of has-beens available, including David Price, JD Martinez, Noah Syndergaard, Brandon Belt, Evan Longoria, Nelson Cruz, Craig Kimbrel, Aroldis Chapman, Wil Myers, Johnny Cueto, Jean Segura, Zack Greinke, and yes, even Justin Turner. If it were 2015, you could create a really strong team with this bunch. None of these players will make much of an impact in 2023. The rest of the crew is pretty motley. You can see it here: https://www.spotrac.com/mlb/free-agents/

Chris Bassitt is decent and would be a good addition somewhere,

Carlos Rodon looked great the last year, but keep in mind he was very mediocre from 2015-18, and barely pitched in 2019-20. So good luck with that if you sign him.

Load Metric
    I was hoping Correa went to LA. Anywhere NL will be good as he’s consistently the hardest out in the league for the Tribe. I don’t know how to filter for results against one team, but I know as far as clutch hits, that fucker has to hit .500 against us. Feels like as well as our pitchers approach good hitters, that dude doesn’t have some glaring weakness to exploit.

We handled Twins well, but I got to the point I’d prefer to walk him. He was a straight nightmare on Astros against us with that lineup. I’m always surprised to see him hovering around .290 as he feels like a .360 hitter against Cleveland.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

Yes Rockies/Brewers sounds awful.

I went to a Rockies/Dodgers game in July 2021 in Denver, and most of the fans were there for the Dodgers. I'm not kidding. Sounded like a Dodgers home game. Was also hot and humid, even though it was a night game.

The big (and stupidly awarded) TV contracts from a decade or so ago are what is driving the huge contracts awarded. This fucks small market teams without such contracts. I'm a little confused how the Padres are spending like they are, because they aren't a big TV market (#27, just ahead of Baltimore).
    The 3 different balls thing likely wreaked havoc upon my 2022 MLB bets. You might recall I was having problems betting on totals, which I was previously good at doing. I had such a hard time predicting these, and now it makes sense.

Why use 3 different balls in the same year? Makes no fucking sense, unless you're looking to semi-rig something, or even more sinister, help a friend who bets big on sports.
    You know the Padres owner family equity group owns Rawlings along with MLB, right? You probably know that, but when I was reading on him looking for his obvious Tijuana cartel drug laundering connections which explains his spending with a Tribe-like cable deal, which I haven’t yet found(lol), I stumbled upon that nugget. That his equity group partnered with MLB to buy the company. Considering he’s got a billion wrapped up in power hitters, made a little more sense why he might think that’s a good investment .

Load Metric
    “It was announced on June 5, 2018 that Rawlings was sold from Newell Brands to the Los Angeles-based private equity firm, Seidler Equity Partners (SEP) (which owns LA Fitness), with MLB a co-investor in the $395 million deal.”

Feels like right about when he started spending a boatload of $. The Padres really haven’t performed to expectation until this year, so I’m largely joking on the conspiracy front, but if they have 3 guys pushing 60 some year, I’m sure his ownership and that they’re using multiple baseballs will become a little bigger story.

Thread Information