Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** MLB 2023 Thread

Load Metric
    I promise a personal moratorium on the subject of the Dodgers this coming playoffs.

Enjoy your team and your site. I won’t get in the way of that.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    I promise a personal moratorium on the subject of the Dodgers this coming playoffs.

Enjoy your team and your site. I won’t get in the way of that.
    Please don't hold back on my Jays. I don't own the site and deserve to be mocked at the false hope I have for a deep run.

Load Metric
    the World owes Trevor Bauer an apology +more, she deserves 2x the prison sentence he would of got.... and that would put an end to this shit !!! i hope he sues MLB for about 1 billion $$ too.... for NO DUE PROCESS....!!!!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Holy shit. The Naylor and his kid brother are together in Cleveland.

MLB will never be the same

Naylor scares me as a human

Naylors together may have won this game from behind on the first night together …. damn
    Speaking of prospect hype (or maybe lack-thereof) have you seen Royce Lewis killing it for the Twins? Everyone kinda forgot about him after he tore his ACL for the 2nd time last year, but he's back and basically the best hitter in the Twins lineup right now. Free-swinger who strikes out a bunch but thats really his only knock. Think Javier Baez with better contact.

Comments

BCR: Kid has it. Pulling for your Twins.

Load Metric
    So we expanded the WC to a mini series of 3 games and what happened.. Nothing different. All 4 series were sweeps 2 by the home 2 by the road team. (I'm truly shocked how piss poor Tampa played to say the least getting bitchslapped around the Trop by Texas).

So now we have the LDSs (not to be confused with the idiots on bikes who go around neighborhoods talking about their buddy John Smith)

Baltimore vs Texas (Baltimore in 4 max)
    Houston vs Twins (Houston in 3 maybe 4)
    Philly and Atlanta (Somebody in 5 really dont know where this goes probably Atlanta but we know what happened last year)
    Dodgers and Arizona (Dodgers in 5 unless Dbacks 1-2 punch in starters shut down LA totally which could happen.)

More on the Dodgers series. Game 1 is going to be Kershaw against Kelly that's a toss-up but Kelly at least doesn't have a bad back. Dbacks can theoretically run Kelly for G1 and 3 because of the day off between 1 and 2. Gallen who was their cy young candidate until he fell apart slightly goes G2 on 4 days regular rest. So, starting pitching might just be adv Arizona. The bullpen is their question. Now, they completely shut down Milwaukee but that's not how they did rest of the reason pretty much. If LA can get to their starters early it's going to put major pressure on their Bullpen to hold up still (it can't last forever). It's very possible Arizona pulls this one out of their rears and wins but still expect it to take 5 then the only issue is if the bullpen holds up there's a remote shot for a sweep by Arizona, but I think that's minute. (essentially Kelly and Gallan shut down the Dodgers in all 3 games going deep in their starts). Ultimately I think its Dodgers Games 1,4,5 and Dbacks win G2 and G3 (Season series was 8-5 for Dodgers for the record).

Gold
    Load Metric
    I think Texas has a very good chance to win AL

Looking forward to Braves vs. Phillies

Rays season wasted by injuries only chance they can ever compete in post season is dominant pitching, 3 stud pitchers out for year, maybe more. Creep shortstop basically banned for life. No heart once again in the post season. ??? Have you ever seen less heart? Did they ever look into it? Did they ever even look competitive? Marlins suck too waste of a playoff spot

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I was with Brandon here in Vegas, watching game 1. I was in full Dodgers gear.

Name:  todd-dodgers-2023.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  119.0 KB

Then James Outman dropped the ball, on what was either going to be a great catch or a double. It was a double.

I then saw the replay of Kershaw's reaction. He was angry. Very angry.

I said to Brandon, "This is a problem. Kershaw is a very emotional pitcher, and I could tell he was pissed Outman didn't make that play. I'm afraid he's going to melt down now. I've seen this before."

And then he melted down. Keep in mind he was getting 2 strikes on a ton of batters, so it wasn't that he couldn't pitch. He just couldn't focus. Eventually the disasterous outing ended with just 1 out in the 1st, down 6-0, following a walk to a light-hitting left hander and 38-year-old Evan Longoria getting a hit.

From across the country, I heard Sanlmar laughing.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Braves down 4-0 in the 6th, put up 1 in the 6th, 2 in the 7th, and 2 in the 8th. Wow.

Bobby Miller of the Dodgers already wild at the beginning here. Walked Carroll, now gave up an infield bunt single to Marte.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Braves down 4-0 in the 6th, put up 1 in the 6th, 2 in the 7th, and 2 in the 8th. Wow.

Bobby Miller of the Dodgers already wild at the beginning here. Walked Carroll, now gave up an infield bunt single to Marte.
    Tribute to how epic Wheeler was against that Braves offense. Mere mortals in relief not enough.

Braves pitching is very shaky going forward. Fried’s finger can’t be right

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

This just in: the Braves are a really good team. The Dodgers not so much. They’re becoming the Braves old. Good enough to make the playoffs every year, but folding like a wet tortilla in the playoffs.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Terrific game Braves Vs Phillies last night

I bet Phillies series but I can still appreciate clutch greatness

Finally some action in this postseason, hard for me to recall any great moments before last night?

Still happy to have a Phillies ticket, should be a great atmosphere in Philly, either way respect the Braves and enjoy watching them. Electric lineup

Have a Texas +700 World Series ticket and be them series against orioles. Cut me a break Sanlmar not trying to win brownie points just talking baseball. Rangers have look and feel of a time going all the way. Putting up runs getting pitching. Focused every game. Houston doesn’t scare me, though I usually back Houston to win in post season

Diamondbacks phenomenal, I didn’t bet them wish I had, extreme positive momentum good for them

I remember when they won the World Series when I was a kid walk off game 7 against the Yankees. What an all time moment. Remember Byung Yung Kim?

Comments

country978: I do. He went on to play for the Red Sox.

Gold
    Load Metric
    BTW enough if 3 pm and 4 pm playoff baseball games on weekdays

Wtf??

Barely watched the Rays disaster series, 3 pm both games????

Today 2 games they put one on in the afternoon? What’s the point of this decision?

Gold
    Load Metric
    good thing the Braves vs Phillies started at 5pm EST and 2 PM Pacific

Everyone is just sitting around watching the ball game during the afternoon on a BUSINESS DAY

Cut me a break!

Comments

1dollarboxcar: America's past time....

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    When Dodgers got Lance Lynn, I knew it was going to be full of fail. He pitched okay at the beginning after the trade, then became his usual fail self.

I knew he would be horrendous to start in the postseason. Sure enough, 3 HR given up in the 3rd. Dodgers down 3-0, again. In an elimination game.

You ain't gonna win the postseason with no starting pitching. The '88 Dodgers (very good starting pitching, mediocre hitting) were the opposite, and that's why they were able to win.

Edit: Now a 4th HR, but it may or may not be fair. Will it matter? Probably not.

Braves probably also going to lose their series. Orioles already gone. LOL MLB PLAYOFFS

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    OMG

Now the 4th HR (Gabriel Moreno) ruled foul after first being ruled a HR, and Moreno hits a real HR.

WHY WAS LYNN LEFT IN??? THIS IS THE DODGERS' FINAL GAME IF THEY LOSE

What a fucking trainwreck.

First time 4 HR hit in one inning in postseason history.

Load Metric
    I think Betts is 3 for 35 during ‘22 & ‘23 playoffs. Dude caught the Dodger playoff virus.

The players and roster come and go. I wonder what is constant? Any thoughts?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Dodgers killed their own 7th rally by pinch hitting with Barnes, who is an automatic out.

And now the super quiet Betts/Freeman combo struck out with runner on 1st and nobody out in the 8th, down 4-2. And Martinez popped out. 1 inning to go.

Load Metric
    So the Dodgers have scored as many runs in 3 games as Kershaw gave up in 0.1 IP of game 1. That’s amazing fail barring a miracle.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    So the Dodgers have scored as many runs in 3 games as Kershaw gave up in 0.1 IP of game 1. That’s amazing fail barring a miracle.
    Careful, Dave Roberts could end up in Cleveland.

Comments

BCR: He’d take our 75 year streak to a whole different level. I can’t remember the Tribe being this uncompetitive in a series and that’s saying something

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Every year the wildcard teams stay in rhythm and the first round byes tend to fall out of it but you could also argue that the wildcard teams are typically the hottest ones the last two months of the season which in baseball is all that matters.

Comments

1dollarboxcar: ++++

Thread Information