Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
Anyway, Dansby Swanson signed with the Twins. Brandon Nimmo went back to the Mets. That's almost it for the big name free agents. The last two left are Carlos Correa and Carlos Rodon, both of whom will end up overpaid. The rest are either failplayers or has-beens. Actually lots of has-beens available, including David Price, JD Martinez, Noah Syndergaard, Brandon Belt, Evan Longoria, Nelson Cruz, Craig Kimbrel, Aroldis Chapman, Wil Myers, Johnny Cueto, Jean Segura, Zack Greinke, and yes, even Justin Turner. If it were 2015, you could create a really strong team with this bunch. None of these players will make much of an impact in 2023. The rest of the crew is pretty motley. You can see it here: https://www.spotrac.com/mlb/free-agents/

Chris Bassitt is decent and would be a good addition somewhere,

Carlos Rodon looked great the last year, but keep in mind he was very mediocre from 2015-18, and barely pitched in 2019-20. So good luck with that if you sign him.
I was wondering how I hadn't heard about that, then realized its fake news with Swanson. He did have a conference call with the Twins, I still think Twins view him as a backup option if they don't bring Correa back.

I thought, at the beginning of FA, Twins had maybe a 20% chance of re-signing him. I'd now say they might be the favorites. Bogaerts signing before him is a sign this SS market isn't as robust as once thought. Who is left for Correa?

Dodgers sound out on him because of PR reasons
Boston has an obvious new hole but they have spent a lot already
Atlanta in the same boat
Yankees want to go young, have 2 lottery tickets ready to play at the position.
Minnesota, Giants, Cubs I would say are the 3 favorites to land Correa or Swanson. Boston also if they want to. Could argue teams that are towards the later stages of rebuilds could be darkhorses...Seattle, Baltimore, Arizona etc.

Word is Twins have offered Correa multiple contracts, shorter with higher AAV mixed with longer ones. Turner's deal really kinda fucked up the market, Twins don't want to offer 11 years.