Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dirt bag contractor runs over septic tank, Now what another lawsuit?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 4BET View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Drawingdead View Post

Duff, your experience is with a private company and a labor contractor doing work on their property. The reason utilities/regulated companies hire contractors is, they pay a lump some pre job. Also they don’t pay insurance and they’re not liable for damages while the job is being done. Most likely spectrum is going to refer 4bet to the contractor for payment. It really depends on the type of contractor he is for spectrum and what their contract actually says.

Spectrum will generally force their contractors to pay for damages, or the contractor is at risk of losing their contract.
    100% guy from spectrum was trying to make sure contractor takes care of this and in fact when they left spectrum guy said the contractor will have septic company come out and fix. Then contractor starts this BS about pictures. They both seen the damage and text them pictures of truck and workers

Pictures are perfectly normal part of the claims process.
    Eat the booty like groceries

Load Metric
    100% guy from spectrum was trying to make sure contractor takes care of this and in fact when they left spectrum guy said the contractor will have septic company come out and fix. Then contractor starts this BS about pictures. They both seen the damage and text them pictures of truck and workers

I get that but he wanted pictures of the truck and workers which we already gave them. In the beginning the contractor was trying to say it’s not his guys. This is before they came out yesterday and we showed them and texted them the pictures.

I think the contractor is trying to find out if we have pictures from when the truck backed over septic. So he can try and worm his way out of paying
    -Allergic to the struggle

Load Metric
    Name:  105B2D2C-8051-4172-AFAC-7F4456C25073.jpeg
Views: 157
Size:  183.8 KB

Comments

Drawingdead: That’s good you have a photo proving they were there and what teuck

Load Metric

I get that but he wanted pictures of the truck and workers which we already gave them. In the beginning the contractor was trying to say it’s not his guys. This is before they came out yesterday and we showed them and texted them the pictures.

I think the contractor is trying to find out if we have pictures from when the truck backed over septic. So he can try and worm his way out of paying
    Oh sorry I thought he wanted more pictures of the damage. I would respond with, you have all the information you need and let him know you’re getting quotes to get the job fixed. I would tell him you have a witness and you’re just looking to get their mistake fixed. It’s not your fault his guys didn’t properly report a vehicle accident. If he continues with more demands reach out to spectrum again and tell them you’re getting the run around and you want them to make things right.

I’ll give you some ammunition if you need it. Since they’re a contractor of spectrum they’re generally required to follow the standards spectrum sets for its own employees. The contractor should have followed spectrums accident reporting procedures when this happened. Ask about any panels or investigation meetings that happened in the company and if there were what were the results. It will just look like you’ve done this before and make it less likely they screw you around.

Obviously keep all communication between you guys. Write down the time and dates he came and what you talked about, how long they were there

Comments

4BET: Yes I told them yesterday we have a witness

Load Metric
    They showed up later in the day Wednesday, Went to back in ran over septic. Then asked the neighbor for a piece of plywood to cover the hole and threw dirt on it trying to hide. Then told neighbor they would be back Thursday to finish.

So that’s when I was there trying to kinda tell them off about what they did but no spoke English, Not trying to be racist but no one spoke English

So to answer your question they were there about 2 hours

Load Metric
    They showed up later in the day Wednesday, Went to back in ran over septic. Then asked the neighbor for a piece of plywood to cover the hole and threw dirt on it trying to hide. Then told neighbor they would be back Thursday to finish.

So that’s when I was there trying to kinda tell them off about what they did but no spoke English, Not trying to be racist but no one spoke English

Damn that’s some shady shit! Keep us posted on what happens and how it gets resolved. If you have any questions I can try to help. Like I said I’m been an operator and have dealt with this over the last decade

Load Metric

Damn that’s some shady shit! Keep us posted on what happens and how it gets resolved. If you have any questions I can try to help. Like I said I’m been an operator and have dealt with this over the last decade
    Ok will do,thanks
    Last edited by 4BET; 12-06-2022 at 06:43 PM.

Load Metric
    Touching on the insurance issue. I will give you a example we have a mobile home rental on 1 acre value about 180k we call to get it insured and the only policy they would write is 20k coverage at a cost of 950 a year. Lol

I told them to get bent. It’s real bad for insurance in Florida especially on rental property’s

Load Metric
    Looks like Drawingdead is providing good coaching.

Your beef is with Spectrum.

Cable workers are the bottom of the low voltage food chain.

In the Northeast Verizon is Union. They show up in an actual company owned bucket truck. Chalk the tires. Professionals.

In comparison Comcast is some subcontractor in a 10 year old Chevy S10 with magnetic signs. Frankly, it’s what you would expect anywhere - especially Florida. It’s some sad shit.

Were they running fiber around the neighborhood?

When you get a quote from the septic guy, he is gonna smell insurance money and the resulting quote won’t be a very tight price but that’s on Spectrum.

If you communicate by phone with Spectrum follow up with an email reviewing the conversation.

Do something nice for your tenant. This is essential and good business. They helped you and will likely be inconvenienced during the repair.

Good luck.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Definitely keep pressing Spectrum here. I agree that the contractor is probably trying to worm out of it. Don't let them, and don't allow them to take the lead in this situation. If they aren't coughing up the money, call Spectrum and say that the contractor is refusing to cooperate, and is just making all kinds of unreasonable demands.

Comments

4BET: Thanks for advice, We will stay on spectrum

Gold
    Load Metric
    Duct tape the lid up and don't worry bout the crack. The pressure from the surround dirt will keep it sealed, next.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Looks like Drawingdead is providing good coaching.

Your beef is with Spectrum.

Cable workers are the bottom of the low voltage food chain.

In the Northeast Verizon is Union. They show up in an actual company owned bucket truck. Chalk the tires. Professionals.

In comparison Comcast is some subcontractor in a 10 year old Chevy S10 with magnetic signs. Frankly, it’s what you would expect anywhere - especially Florida. It’s some sad shit.

Were they running fiber around the neighborhood?

When you get a quote from the septic guy, he is gonna smell insurance money and the resulting quote won’t be a very tight price but that’s on Spectrum.

If you communicate by phone with Spectrum follow up with an email reviewing the conversation.

Do something nice for your tenant. This is essential and good business. They helped you and will likely be inconvenienced during the repair.

Good luck.
    Funny you say that about comcast, We have comcast at our house and from what I remember that’s exactly what the last comcast person that came out a few years ago was driving a old s10 with a sign “comcast contractor “lol

They are running a line through everyone’s back yard. A different neighbor told me it is new fiber line

Tenant is cool and not home much but we will work something out if this ends up being a inconvenience to him.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Entropy View Post
    Duct tape the lid up and don't worry bout the crack. The pressure from the surround dirt will keep it sealed, next.
    We went out Thursday and had septic pumped, The cement lid is at the bottom and is very heavy. The cracks did look like they were minor not all the way through from what I could see.

Problem is when lid is forced down in the tank it will no longer sit in place if put back but maybe septic company can repair, Not sure.

When dealing with septic issues the Florida department of health gets involved. Permit is through them.

This county has a hub of Florida department of health and the main guy is on a power trip. We battled him about a year ago with a variance well issue. We went above his head to Tallahassee the main office of Florida department of health. He got pissed off because he wants to run everything in the county and keep the state out of it.

State told us he was basically full of BS when he tried to stop the contractor from pulling permit. Told him to issue our permit.

The point of telling you all this is the health department (county)would get hard on if they found out we Jerry rigged the septic lid

Load Metric
    Thats shitty

Comments

Sanlmar: Don’t be a turd

4BET: Yes which is why I want nothing to do with any repairs

Load Metric
    Its actually about time to have my septic pumped. Happened before when it got clogged guy told me to be sure to use single or dobule ply toilet paper. Luckily it wasn't that much to have it pumped.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FRANKRIZZO View Post
    Its actually about time to have my septic pumped. Happened before when it got clogged guy told me to be sure to use single or dobule ply toilet paper. Luckily it wasn't that much to have it pumped.
    Septic pump was 175 any company I called before Covid, Thursday just paid three fidy yes 350

Comments

FRANKRIZZO: do you even lift bro?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FRANKRIZZO View Post
    Septic pump was 175 any company I called before Covid, Thursday just paid three fidy yes 350
    Local Massachusetts news story yesterday

Proposed septic system changes could cost residents thousands

The proposed amendments to Title 5 by the Department of Environmental Protection are part of an effort to stop high nitrogen levels from getting into Buzzard’s Bay.
    10-50k

The biggest source of nitrogen - including fertilizer is piss. Or so I’m told.

I got a place with septic on a lake in NH with a lot of bathrooms. Gave me the willies when I saw this story. I’m so close to the water I pump water from the lake to water the lawn.

NH is “Live Free or Die” of septic shock so I’m prolly good.

Comments

4BET: Land of the free

Load Metric
    Just received a call from a lady at spectrum, She asked how things are moving along we told her contractor is dragging his feet. She said we will be hearing from supervisor from the contractor’s company and they are sitting up to have septic company come out.

So we will see if they take care of it. Looking like spectrum really wants this taken care of and will put the fire under contractor ass. Which I already knew by meeting with them.

She gave me the name of the contractors company doing the work

Load Metric
    Subcontractor just called and said his guys are gonna put new lid on septic. Lol

Can’t just put a lid, Side that holds lid is caved in and old lid is 6 feet down in the septic.

I told her I don’t want them people on my property. Told her we want a septic company fixing.

They want to rig the lid throw dirt on it and be done with it.

I called guy at spectrum right after she called and told him I want septic company to fix. He agreed and Gonna makes some phone calls

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    This is a potential shortcut, trying to keep money out of a lawyer's pocket.

You mentioned non English speaking labourers. Are these labourers legal? You could put some hurt/pressure on a contractor who may have hired illegal workers in an attempt to maximize his profits.

Thread Information