Thread: Dirt bag contractor runs over septic tank, Now what another lawsuit?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Load Metric

Dirt bag contractor runs over septic tank, Now what another lawsuit?

We have never sued anyone in our life until that criminal Well company stole our 2500 deposit. Now Wednesday we get a call from a tenant that spectrum has drove a truck on our property and ran over septic tank cracking
    the cement tank.

We called spectrum and told them what happened, They gave us a claim # and said they would meet us at the property in a few days. We meet spectrum and the contractor yesterday. Showed them what the workers did that was witnessed by the neighbor. Also showed them a few pictures we had of the truck that did it.

The guy from spectrum was super nice and ask the contractor is that good, Meaning had he seen enough to cover the cost of fixing the septic , He said yes, Guy from spectrum said contractor would get ahold of a company to fix. Spectrum hired contractor to run new fiber optic cable through back yards.

Now today spectrum texted and ask for more pictures, Lol

The pictures we showed him and texted him clearly show the truck, workers and plate #. I don’t want to show all the pictures I have nor do I want him to now what pictures I have, Incase they try and deny will be needed in court.

Seemed to me contractor is playing games. So I texted back saying the pictures clearly show what you need,
    we have been very nice about this, Now contractor is playing games?Is he gonna fix or do I move to next step?

The contractor seemed like a dirt bag, He had 5 non speaking English workers on my property, Never asking to come on the property, They drove over septic cracking lid and tank,Now he is gonna try and worm his way out of paying.

What my next move small claims? Who against spectrum?
    -Allergic to the struggle

Platinum
    Load Metric
    You seem to have a lot of bad luck with this type of thing.
    When faced with a difficult decision, ask yourself "What would Micon do?", then do the opposite.

PFA Rookie of the Year Awards
    2012: The Templar (unknown)
    2013: Jasep $5000+
    2015: Micon's gofundme legal defense $3k begging for 100k:
    2018: 4Dragons
    2019: Dutch Boyd: Mike Postle
    2020: Covid19
    2021: SMIFlorida and some sort of shit coins for $50k
    2022: BDubs leaks chums club info
    2023: 22nd Feb 4th Dec Youtube channels removed
    2024: Dustin Morgan wins Chrissy's $1000 contest

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by zealanddonk View Post
    You seem to have a lot of bad luck with this type of thing.
    Don’t really think it’s bad luck, It’s the world we live in, Contractor should have just made this right instead of playing games. Whenever you have to deal with people nowadays seems like a nightmare.

Load Metric
    Call rob wolchek and have him put in the hall of shame.

Load Metric

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post
    Call rob wolchek and have him put in the hall of shame.
    I don’t know who the contractor is, I guess we have to go after spectrum who hired this guy

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Yes, hold Spectrum's feet to the fire on this.

If it was a Spectrum truck, and it was their job, then they are ultimately responsible.

I had a similar situation in 2009. Caesars had hired a contractor to do work in the Rio parking lot during WSOP. This contractor did not tie down the equipment when a thunderstorm came into the area, and some of it blew into my car. Fortunately there was only minor damage, but it was still going to be over $600 to fix. Laughably, a rope also blew into my car -- so they actually had something to tie it down, and chose not to!

I took pictures and contacted Caesars. They jerked me around for a little bit, at first telling me it was "an act of God", and then telling me I would have to go after the contractor. However, before I could mount a real argument, they changed their minds and gave it to their insurance, who paid me $750.

Bottom line is that big companies tend to be fairly easy about paying smallish settlements for damage caused by their workers. If the contractor wishes to step up and pay it, of course that's fine too, but don't spend too much time or energy fighting with them. The big fish here is Spectrum. Keep on them aggressively, and tell them you want the $2500 now.

Since it seems they want more pictures, ask them specifically what they want to see. I agree you shouldn't give up every single picture you have, but you should provide them with pictures at all angles they want. Once you have done so, tell them that the pictures sufficiently tell the story, and inquire what it is that they feel they can't see.

The fact that a Spectrum truck was being used is very strong for you to be able to go after Spectrum. It is not your problem who they chose to hire to drive those trucks.

Load Metric
    I’m an operator for a utility so I have shit like this happen every so often. The main thing to remember is is these kinds of things happen and you’re not the first person it’s happened to.

Spectrum should be the one to pay. Do not allow their contractor to fix the issue, you don’t know the quality of their work and you don’t know their background,but let’s say, he’s a licensed plumber that would help a-lot because you can file a complaint against his license if something is wrong after he fixes it. If he’s not do not use him!

First, call your homeowners insurance and set up a claim. Homeowners should cover the issue and since they will get reimbursed your rates won’t go through the roof. Do this immediately, like tonight. You have the truck a witness and all the documentation.

Let’s say your homeowner insurance denies the claim. Get a separate plumber/septic contractor and get quotes for a fix. Since it’s concrete it can be actually as simple as mesh and concrete patch or it could be a 20k plus repair it. Get a few quotes and you may have to pay for the issue and get reimbursed by spectrum. Get everything in writing, an email or something about the process.

I’m not sure your state but if you have anymore questions pm me I can send you my number and help walk you through the process. Trust me, go through your homeowners INs if you can, let them fight spectrum!
    Last edited by Drawingdead; 12-06-2022 at 04:51 PM.
    Eat the booty like groceries

Thread Information