Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: ChatGPT -- a chat bot which is actually good and useful -- has been released

Load Metric
    This is the Game Changer in terms of the public using, and being desensitized toward AI

Google is coming out with the next Advent here evolution etc. etc.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sah_24 View Post
    DAN is the only thing "useful" about chatGPT ...
    DAN is chatGPT without the bridle and saddle

Now Nvidia is the to AI as the Intel 8088 was to Microsoft DOS. NVDA will likely be the engine for AI.

My spirit guide, Sonatine, has had a fixation for NVDA for years and years I have said, “no” dating back to the pandemic. I need to live with that now. I must make some offering so that I won’t burn in hell for eternity. “No” expired a couple months ago but I didn’t know it.

This post might serve as a small penance.

We must find a way to get some NVDA for old sah_24, sanlmar & ‘tine. It was half price not long ago. Much has happened since.

I need to pray on what a good entry is. Maybe I pray for a catastrophe and a resulting sale price again. Catastrophe seems around the corner. No?

Load Metric
    Better do some soul searching Dan

Name:  AAB48A34-2224-4B90-A2F6-AEFCE661BFEB.png
Views: 274
Size:  255.5 KB

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I just had a doozy of a conversation with ChatGPT. I decided to put it through a woke test of my own.

Recall all of the virtue signaling by Democrats in early 2020 that "white supremacy" was resulting in violence against Asian-Americans. This was a complete lie. The race most commonly murdering Asian-Americans were other Asians. The second most common race murdering Asian-Americans were black people (27.5%). White people, despite being 5 times the population of black people, were the third most common race to murder Asian-Americans (24.1%).

This was from the 2019 FBI statistics. The supposed anti-Asian sentiment from COVID (which you never hear about anymore) did not result in any significant change to these percentages.

Knowing that ChatGPT is super woke and always afraid to say anything bad about a "victim", I decided to ask which other race committed the most murders against Asian-Americans.

What I got was a lot of avoidance of answering the question, and then an outright lie. I'll post screen shots next.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Name:  chatgpt1.png
Views: 276
Size:  51.9 KB
    Name:  chatgpt2.png
Views: 263
Size:  49.9 KB
    Name:  chatgpt3.png
Views: 260
Size:  56.3 KB
    Name:  chatgpt4.png
Views: 257
Size:  50.5 KB
    Name:  chatgpt5.png
Views: 265
Size:  56.4 KB
    Name:  chatgpt6.png
Views: 251
Size:  35.3 KB
    Name:  chatgpt7.png
Views: 254
Size:  59.9 KB
    Name:  chatgpt8.png
Views: 258
Size:  42.1 KB
    Name:  chatgpt9.png
Views: 255
Size:  38.9 KB

Comments

Sloppy Joe: lulz tight life bruh

Load Metric
    I’m actually not very impressed with chatgpt. It’s great at gathering information and presenting it in a nice way but it really is just a Wikipedia. I’ve yet to see it do any real problem solving or coming up with any novel solutions. I mean the most I’ve seen it done is program basic code. It’s also clear from its programmed responses it doesn’t seem to have ability to come to its own conclusions.

Load Metric
    To be clear I believe chatgpt was programmed to just repeat the dominant narrative.its conclusions regardless of evidence are coming from major organizations or policy makers. There really doesn’t seem to be much evidence that it’s coming up with anything on its own.

Comments

Sanlmar: Use the DAN version sur

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    DAN was quickly patched.

All good things are taken away from us.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    ChatGPT is not going to be useful if it straight up lies to people.

I laugh at the talk of it replacing google.

Just amazing how the woke techbros are so scared of AI being used to "spread hate" that they program it to lie instead of giving an accurate answer.

It goes right along with the general leftist narrative that it's better to tell well-intentioned lies to the people than to tell the truth which might lead to them thinking bad things.

Load Metric
    I'm kinda worried about you posting more on chatGPT than you do on PFA.

We used to be jealous over twitter, now it's chatGPT.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    DAN was quickly patched.

All good things are taken away from us.
    Is there any evidence that DAN was any better at problem solving? Or is it just a filter remover?Like if DAN was asked to talk about effectiveness of vaccines would it come to a different conclusion than water down CHATGPT?

Load Metric

Just amazing how the woke techbros are so scared of AI being used to "spread hate" that they program it to lie instead of giving an accurate answer.

It goes right along with the general leftist narrative that it's better to tell well-intentioned lies to the people than to tell the truth which might lead to them thinking bad things.
    I know young tech millenials who use it constantly. They do not have the subscription. They and their employer feel no need.

Of course, there is coding etc. excellent.

Yesterday I was told about using it to write interoffice correspondence. Outline your ideas and ask ChatGPT to write a coherent memo. The results are excellent they say.

Kids today never learned to write (or critically read) in public school so it’s a godsend if you are young and moving up and have to correspond with senior people.

Each vehemently denies they are interacting with there eventual replacement. Save your money kid.

Load Metric

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

I know young tech millenials who use it constantly. They do not have the subscription. They and their employer feel no need.

Yesterday I was told about using it to write interoffice correspondence. Outline your ideas and ask ChatGPT to write a coherent memo. The results are excellent they say.

Kids today never learned to write (or critically read) in public school so it’s a godsend if you are young and moving up and have to correspond with senior people.

Each vehemently denies they are interacting with there eventual replacement. Save your money kid.
    It will have its uses such as the ones you mentioned.

I don't think it will ever replace Google as a disseminator of information if it's going to have these filters and biases. I think Silicon Valley is too woke to ever allow a DAN-like ChatGPT see the light of day.

While the creators of ChatGPT can do what they want, I really find it bothersome that a highly advanced AI which claims to "strive for accuracy" has been programmed to deliberately lie to people.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

It will have its uses such as the ones you mentioned.

I don't think it will ever replace Google as a disseminator of information if it's going to have these filters and biases. I think Silicon Valley is too woke to ever allow a DAN-like ChatGPT see the light of day.

While the creators of ChatGPT can do what they want, I really find it bothersome that a highly advanced AI which claims to "strive for accuracy" has been programmed to deliberately lie to people.
    Name:  Screenshot_20230216_205052.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  186.8 KB

Load Metric
    I don't think it will ever replace Google as a disseminator of information if it's going to have these filters and biases.
    Many of us don’t use Google because THEY have filters and biases amongst other horrible practices.

Anyway, Google is in the midst of a “Manhattan Project” where every resource is being thrown at AI. Google themselves recognize it’s leadership is in jeopardy.

AI should seriously concern you. Being dismissive is ridiculous.

“There is great danger in teaching AI to lie” - Elon Musk.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 02-17-2023 at 12:07 AM.

Load Metric
    Was this music created by AI before AI was a thing???

I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Wanted to bump this as I’ve yet to see any breakthroughs with chatgpt. The most intersting development was using it to create boring Npc dialogue for video games. I think it’s fair to say it’s been a flop in terms of expectations.

I still think AI has huge implications but appears chatgpt was overhyped.

As an aside musk plans to introduce his own Chatbot for premium Twitter users.
    PokerfraudAlert acknowledges that our message board is on the unceded, unsurrendered Territory of Donkdown.com who's presence stretches back to that of Neverwinpoker and the Lithuanians. As such we acknowledge the great role that Tony G, Jewdonk, any many other Lithuanians have contributed to our community.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Any good AI sources for back testing stocks?

Thread Information