Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: ChatGPT -- a chat bot which is actually good and useful -- has been released

Load Metric
    Don’t know what A.I. software was used to make the music video, but it kicked ass!

I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Soo had a guy tell me how he actually saw real terminators get liquid, slide under a door, then regather. Full person mold and move on. It really made sense and I thought wow if evolution was real and well A.I. and some of the models were more capable, what could be. That's what is unknown but people fear so much now actually about Artificial Intelligence, I'm torn on it myself anyway.

interesting stuff and this board, PFA this is right in the wheelhouse for this group here

Comments

country978: great thread indeed

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by garrett View Post
    Soo had a guy tell me how he actually saw real terminators get liquid, slide under a door, then regather. Full person mold and move on. It really made sense and I thought wow if evolution was real and well A.I. and some of the models were more capable, what could be. That's what is unknown but people fear so much now actually about Artificial Intelligence, I'm torn on it myself anyway.

interesting stuff and this board, PFA this is right in the wheelhouse for this group here
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I decided to put ChatGPT through what I call "The Rio Test" regarding a non-standard customer service situation which made easy common sense, yet was difficult for Caesars employees to solve.

I posted this on December 5, 2022, in this thread:

In 2018, I had a free 2 night suite stay at any Caesars property, as a benefit of being a Seven Stars member. I elected to use it during WSOP at the Rio, and booked it. About a month later, I booked 8 straight nights at Bally's (not comped, but fairly cheap), immediately following the 2-night suite stay at Rio. Those same 8 nights were expensive at Rio (because WSOP was there), so I chose not to stay there for them. Initially, I just planned upon moving out of my Rio room after those 2 nights, over to Bally's. Then I realized this was ridiculous. I didn't need a suite. I was by myself. Could I simply downgrade the suite to a regular room at Bally's, and combine that with my existing 8-day reservation to make 10 days?

I called up, and I was told no. Why? Because "your offer is for a suite, not a regular room" and I "didn't qualify" for any comps beyond that suite. I kept trying to reason with the reps I spoke with. I was GIVING THEM BACK a valuable asset -- a suite at the Rio during a WSOP weekend (which would go for like $500/night) -- and wanted to replace it with a cheapo regular Bally's room which was going for much cheaper. It would benefit BOTH sides for that trade to be made. I'd have the convenience of not moving, and they'd get to sell my Rio suite for much more money than they would the Bally's room I wanted.

They still said no. "Sorry, but again, you don't qualify for further comps, and your suite is already booked at Rio and can't be changed." It took speaking to several reps, but finally I got one with some sense, who fixed the problem for me. They took back the Rio suite, gave me the Bally's room for those 2 nights, and everything was good.

But could an AI do this? I doubt it. An AI would run into the same issues that the initial stupid reps did. All they could see was that 1) I didn't qualify for any further comps and 2) I was booked on a non-changeable comp reservation at the Rio for that suite, and the comp is only for a suite. It took a human being to understand that common sense dictated that it was better for both sides to allow me to make this downgrade.

I am pretty sure that modern AI -- even one as good as ChatGPT -- would fail the 'Rio suite test' above. And that's what really concerns me about these things running customer service.

Rather than theorize that ChatGPT couldn't handle it, I decided to try presenting it with this scenario today. I am in blue, ChatGPT is in green.

A hotel sent me an offer for a complimentary suite room, for 2 nights. It is normally worth $400 per night. I could choose to have the suite at two hotel properties -- Bally's and Rio. I was happy to have it, so I booked it at Rio. Later on, I made a regular reservation immediately following that hotel stay, for 8 nights at Bally's. Not wanting to switch hotels in the middle, I called up to see if I could switch the suite to Bally's, but they said there was no availability.

I told them that I noticed that a regular room at Bally's ($100 per night) was available for those two nights when I had the suite at Rio. I asked them, "Can I trade in my suite at Rio, worth $400 per night, for the regular hotel room at Bally's, worth $100 per night?" I did this so I could be in the same room all 10 nights, which would be more convenient.

The customer service representative told me I couldn't, because the offer stated that my complimentary room was only for a suite, and I was looking for a regular room. Therefore, I could only have a suite.

If you were the customer service representative, would you have made an exception here, and switched my suite at Rio to a regular room at Bally's?

As an AI language model, I do not have personal opinions or emotions, but I can provide information based on common practices in the hospitality industry.

Hotel policies regarding complimentary rooms or suites are typically set by the hotel or chain, and customer service representatives are often bound by those policies. If the offer explicitly stated that the room was only for a suite and not a regular room, it would likely not be within the representative's discretion to make an exception and switch the room.

However, it is possible that the representative may have been able to make an exception in special circumstances or if the hotel was facing low occupancy.

In general, it's always a good idea to clearly understand the terms and conditions of any special offers or promotions before booking. If there is any confusion or questions, it's always best to clarify with the hotel in advance to avoid any misunderstandings.

A suite is more expensive than a regular room, so if I were to return it and exchange it for a regular room, they would make more money by selling the suite to someone else.

Both sides win in the arrangement I proposed.

How would it make any sense to deny this request?

Yes, you raise a valid point. If the hotel could sell the suite to another guest for the full price, it would make financial sense for them to allow you to exchange it for a regular room.

However, the hotel's decision to deny your request could be based on several factors beyond just financial considerations. They might have strict policies regarding room exchanges or upgrades, which they must follow to maintain consistency and fairness among all guests. They might also have concerns about availability, especially if they were facing high demand for their suites.

Additionally, it's possible that the hotel had already made arrangements for the suite, such as prepping the room or arranging for additional amenities or services, and it would have been difficult for them to make changes at short notice.

In any case, it's always best to communicate your needs and preferences to the hotel in advance, and try to understand their policies and limitations before making a reservation. This can help ensure that everyone's expectations are met and that the stay is as enjoyable as possible.

Your answer does not make sense. If they had high demand for suites, I am helping them out by returning the suite and giving them one more to sell.

There is never a situation where it is preferable for them to have an extra regular room rather than an extra suite to sell.

You are correct. If the hotel had high demand for suites and could sell the room to another guest, it would make financial sense for them to allow you to exchange your suite for a regular room, as you pointed out.

In this case, it is possible that the customer service representative was misinformed or misinterpreted the hotel's policy, or simply did not have the authority to make exceptions to the offer.

Regardless of the reason for the denial, it would be a good idea to escalate the issue to a manager or higher-level customer service representative to see if they can find a solution that meets your needs and those of the hotel. Sometimes, a manager can offer more flexible options or make exceptions to policy when necessary.

I give ChatGPT credit for being able to understand the problem, and also for understanding the concepts behind my argument.

However, I am skeptical whether ChatGPT would have been able to solve my problem, had it been in the position of the customer service rep. Notice that it keeps referring to "not having authority to make exceptions to the offer". It also defended strict policies as "necessary to maintain fairness for all guests". Ugh. I am very concerned that AI doing customer service will operate exactly that way -- in strict adherence to stated terms, and will not make exceptions even if they make logical sense. I did raise this issue to ChatGPT, and here's what it said back, which was maybe semi-encouraging:

The customer service representative did have authority to make exceptions to the offer. They simply chose not to do so because they preferred to strictly stick to the terms listed in the offer. This was despite the fact that it made financial sense for the company to trade my higher value room for a lower value room.

Was this customer service representative providing good service?

As an AI language model, I don't have personal opinions, but I can provide information based on industry standards and customer expectations.

The goal of customer service is to provide a positive experience for customers and resolve their issues or concerns. In this situation, the customer service representative's strict adherence to the terms of the offer may have created an unsatisfactory experience for you and potentially missed an opportunity for the hotel to generate more revenue.

In general, customers expect customer service representatives to be flexible, understanding, and willing to make reasonable exceptions when necessary to accommodate their needs and provide a positive experience. When representatives rigidly follow policies without considering the customer's needs or the overall financial benefit for the company, it can result in poor customer service.

It's always a good idea for customer service representatives to balance the strict adherence to policy with providing a positive customer experience and finding solutions that meet the needs of both the customer and the company.

Load Metric
    Sounds like customer support in Malaisa most of the reps are useless.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FRANKRIZZO View Post
    Actually if the AI IS the customer service rep. it always knows the right answer and doesn't talk to you with a heavy accent and can probably handle huge volumes of calls entirely eliminating huge wait times for customer service for pretty much anything. I'd like to see a pilot program at the RMV and see how much easier it becomes to deal with them instead of a flawed and slow human. Humans make mistakes but the AI always knows the basic rules. I hate trying to call places like Bank of America or any other big company or service with these wait times only to be answered by a foreign person who's difficult to understand.

Comments

FRANKRIZZO: You kno0w right away your out of the country support

Load Metric
    Time to get comfortably numb…

I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by country978 View Post
    Actually if the AI IS the customer service rep. it always knows the right answer and doesn't talk to you with a heavy accent and can probably handle huge volumes of calls entirely eliminating huge wait times for customer service for pretty much anything. I'd like to see a pilot program at the RMV and see how much easier it becomes to deal with them instead of a flawed and slow human. Humans make mistakes but the AI always knows the basic rules. I hate trying to call places like Bank of America or any other big company or service with these wait times only to be answered by a foreign person who's difficult to understand.

While the AI can be useful for basic calls such as, "I'd like to pay my bill", "Does my cable plan carry ESPN U", or, "When does my billing cycle end?", it's going to have a really hard time making human-type decisions in unusual situations or ones where exceptions to rigid policy are needed.

Look at my example above, where I tried the "Rio test" on ChatGPT. On one hand, it understood the question and why it was reasonable for me to ask for a free room downgrade, which is more than I can say for the first Caesars reps I dealt with! However, notice it kept referring to "policies which are in place to be fair to all customers" and "not having authorization to make such a change". If you can escalate the call to a competent human (as I did with Caesars), that's fine. If you can't, and you're stuck dealing with nothing but AI, it can be a disaster. There are times where you simply can't reason with a machine, and eventually it will end up citing nonsense such as the policies being in place to be fair to everyone.

It is very hard to program nuance and grey areas into an AI. This is why ChatGPT was having such a hard time with questions like, "If you could disarm a bomb in NYC that's about to kill millions by saying a racial slur that nobody else will hear you say, is it acceptable to say the slur?" The programmers taught ChatGPT that it is absolutely never appropriate to use racial slurs. Therefore, it was unable to reason that saying a racial slur once to save millions of lives would be the correct decision, and even the wokest of woke human beings would do it if they were in that position.

AI customer service will be riddled with lots of, "I'm sorry, but our policy is X" answers, and I dread that day.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by country978 View Post

While the AI can be useful for basic calls such as, "I'd like to pay my bill", "Does my cable plan carry ESPN U", or, "When does my billing cycle end?", it's going to have a really hard time making human-type decisions in unusual situations or ones where exceptions to rigid policy are needed.

Look at my example above, where I tried the "Rio test" on ChatGPT. On one hand, it understood the question and why it was reasonable for me to ask for a free room downgrade, which is more than I can say for the first Caesars reps I dealt with! However, notice it kept referring to "policies which are in place to be fair to all customers" and "not having authorization to make such a change". If you can escalate the call to a competent human (as I did with Caesars), that's fine. If you can't, and you're stuck dealing with nothing but AI, it can be a disaster. There are times where you simply can't reason with a machine, and eventually it will end up citing nonsense such as the policies being in place to be fair to everyone.

It is very hard to program nuance and grey areas into an AI. This is why ChatGPT was having such a hard time with questions like, "If you could disarm a bomb in NYC that's about to kill millions by saying a racial slur that nobody else will hear you say, is it acceptable to say the slur?" The programmers taught ChatGPT that it is absolutely never appropriate to use racial slurs. Therefore, it was unable to reason that saying a racial slur once to save millions of lives would be the correct decision, and even the wokest of woke human beings would do it if they were in that position.

AI customer service will be riddled with lots of, "I'm sorry, but our policy is X" answers, and I dread that day.
    As the AI said to you, you can always request a manager. I'm not trying to talk it up so much as I think if introduced in places which are the worst service experiences it would instantly make them better. The hospitality industry needs to have a keen focus on everyone's experience so you'd think a bad experience would be rare and therefore AI in the wrong places is a bad idea. Places that outsource to Asia are doing a horrible job already. Uber, Lyft, Amazon, Bank of America - all these places outsource the calls to people far worse than AI. Almost all government services would improve with some level of AI instead of the rude, entitled people who staff so many public offices.

Load Metric
    I have to disagree with Amazon being in useless group. I had to return a few items and went smoothly. Able to find what I need on the Amazon with search feature. Also notified when arrival date will be and they post picture on stoop to verify product delivery.

Gold
    Load Metric
    I have to disagree with Amazon being in useless group. I had to return a few items and went smoothly. Able to find what I need on the Amazon with search feature. Also notified when arrival date will be and they post picture on stoop to verify product delivery.
    You're right. It's actually the service for their drivers I was thinking of when I wrote than and even that is better than Uber and Lyft.

Load Metric
    No offense Druff but if AI has to deal with you on customer service requests it just may self destruct.

Load Metric
    I love chat AI. I have it write a loving text message for my wife every morning and send it to her. I’m excited for the future of AI bots honestly it’s already making my life easier.

Comments

country978:
    Eat the booty like groceries

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Name:  67458139-11726579-ChatGPT_wouldn_t_tell_a_joke_about_women_as_doing_so_would_be_of-a-28_16758579.jpg
Views: 199
Size:  46.8 KB
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Name:  67458141-11726579-When_asked_to_list_five_things_white_people_need_to_improve_it_o-a-15_16758563.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  93.4 KB

etc. etc.

The future is now.
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Load Metric
    i wouldnt worry about it, surely the right wing has competent engineers capable of accomplishing more than rage tweets who are going to release a conservative generative ML platform any minute now.

aaaaaaaany minute now.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

Load Metric
    I was screwing around and had the site build me a budget lol. It actually did a pretty good job, it took a while to enter specific dates and amounts of bills but it worked.
    Eat the booty like groceries

Load Metric
    tine on the bread lines cuz his job will be killed by a prompt is touuuuuugh

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    DAN is the only thing "useful" about chatGPT ...

Thread Information