Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: ChatGPT -- a chat bot which is actually good and useful -- has been released

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post
    Wanted to bump this as I’ve yet to see any breakthroughs with chatgpt. The most intersting development was using it to create boring Npc dialogue for video games. I think it’s fair to say it’s been a flop in terms of expectations.

I still think AI has huge implications but appears chatgpt was overhyped.

As an aside musk plans to introduce his own Chatbot for premium Twitter users.
    Funny that you mention this. The other day I thought, "Wow, I haven't messed around with ChatGPT for awhile", and I excitedly loaded it up. Then I got there and realized I had nothing really to ask it, and it just seemed kinda boring.

The fact that it only had info through January 2022 was also annoying, as this made it impossible to ask it about any current or semi-current events.

You're right that there hasn't been significant advances. It's still making mistakes, and still doesn't have a lot of practical uses outside of cheating on term papers.

Load Metric
    if i had to pay cash for the quant development work ive used gpt to generate, id be on the hook for maybe 300k or so in the last year.

but yeah if making money instead of spending it just isnt the wind in your wings, i can imagine gpt woud be totally boring.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    if i had to pay cash for the quant development work ive used gpt to generate, id be on the hook for maybe 300k or so in the last year.

but yeah if making money instead of spending it just isnt the wind in your wings, i can imagine gpt woud be totally boring.
    Have you been able to create successful algorithms?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Texter View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

Have you been able to create successful algorithms?

yes. literally, yes.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Nice. Congrats

Comments

sonatine: kampaiiii

Load Metric
    caveats; the market is stochastic essentially and although ive found success vis a vis what to bet on and when, moving into more contested / more liquid markets like /ES and /NQ is the grail still.

plus im essentially addicted to the current volatility so if/when the regime should change and things calm tf down, ill be back at square one but thanks to gpt ill have the tools to help identify imbalances.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Surprised you trust it to do any serious work because of how mistake-prone it is.

But if it's working for you, that's great.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Surprised you trust it to do any serious work because of how mistake-prone it is.

Regarding Sonatine, I'm probably not smart nor experienced enough in his field to understand what he fuck he is doing... but I am surprised that chatgpt would outperform any specialized tools that already exist. I've always seen chatgpt as a simple program that's its appeal is how easy it is to interface with and that it is a jack of all trades. I'm curious what it can do that other programs can't (assuming I can understand)?
    PokerfraudAlert acknowledges that our message board is on the unceded, unsurrendered Territory of Donkdown.com who's presence stretches back to that of Neverwinpoker and the Lithuanians. As such we acknowledge the great role that Tony G, Jewdonk, any many other Lithuanians have contributed to our community.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Regarding Sonatine, I'm probably not smart nor experienced enough in his field to understand what he fuck he is doing... but I am surprised that chatgpt would outperform any specialized tools that already exist. I've always seen chatgpt as a simple program that's its appeal is how easy it is to interface with and that it is a jack of all trades. I'm curious what it can do that other programs can't (assuming I can understand)?

think of it this way. i dont ask it to do data science for me. i ask it to generate tools for me to do data science with. or ill ask it to help me decide which machine learning model is best suited to which task. or ill ask for help moving calculations from the CPU to the GPU. and it comes back with answers in seconds, not days.

there are absolutely instances where it will spit out a loser piece of code and i have to just abandon it and attack the problem from another angle. but hey, the game is the game.

Comments

BetCheckBet:

Load Metric

Silver
    Load Metric
    I find ChatGPT useful to write poems……

In a realm of cards and bluffs, a forum's sacred space,
    A player known as Limitles seeks not to embrace grace.
    With words that wound and posts so wild, he weaves a web of spite,
    A troll who's crossed the line, it's clear, his actions aren't quite right.

Obsession with one named Jewdonk, it's gone beyond control,
    A feud that's fueled by hate and ire, consuming heart and soul.
    The poker fraud alert forum, once a place for those who share,
    Their thoughts and insights on the game, now tainted by this snare.

For in the world of poker, trust is all we have to hold,
    And when a member disrupts the peace, it tarnishes the gold.
    So let us ponder, forum friends, if banning is the way,
    To bring back peace and harmony, to make it a brighter day.

But let us also remember, though Limitles may be wrong,
    To respond with empathy and grace, for in unity we are strong.
    For in the end, the forum thrives when respect and kindness reign,
    And may the cards be dealt in peace, for that's where we all gain.

Comments

Dan Druff:

Thread Information