Whilst I was playing some online Baccarat yesterday, I ran into a peculiar situation. There was a new dealer that I had never seen before and they did some odd things. First, when the prior shoe was ending and the cut card came out, they pulled a card and placed it Face up showing an 8. Then proceeded to burn 8 more cards face down.

This is normally done at the Beginning of a new shoe and I left a comment in the chat informing the dealer of this. The dealer then grabbed the shoe behind them, which was presumably shuffled, and just started dealing from it without burning a card and subsequent number of additional burn cards! I immediately posted in the chat again that the dealer forgot to burn a card and the shoe must be stopped. However the dealer just continued on ignoring the comments and pretended like it was of no consequence. The shoe just kept on getting dealt even when they changed dealers and by the time I returned they were 22 hands in and nobody else was protesting.

I quickly reported this to Draft King’s support and as usual, they said they will “look into it”. Well they came back with their verdict that

“They were not able to find anything irregular on the technical side, aside from the missing burn card.

Not to worry! I went ahead and credited your account with $XX in Free Credit to honor those wagers of yours. You should see it on your account now.

Please keep in mind that those Free Credit will expire after seven days so don't wait up to use them.

This seems to me like laziness and lack of due diligence. I realize I’m not going to get a 6 figure settlement due to a misdeal, but I was curious do I have any grounds to pursue action?

I probably won’t take the token free credits as it seems like nothing more than a laughable amount of hush money. I remember Morgenstern had raised a stink about a misdeal on live online Blackjack and I have screenshots showing the dealer playing on with the misdeal in plain sight. The “last bet” of $15 was a Tie hand from the previous shoe.

So what should be done, go to the gaming commission and raise a commotion or just take the measly free play and consider that the best that will come of it?

Photo of 1st hand being dealt with no burn cards in the discard tray!

Name:  CC18C0C2-9A42-4A3F-9B19-D3D5AFEF752F.jpeg
Views: 136
Size:  69.4 KB

Photo of 3rd hand being dealt after dealer was told of the misdeal and ignored it!

Name:  79F1AA4B-91EB-48F4-8BA2-0BD2E2E8BED6.jpeg
Views: 159
Size:  65.7 KB