Thread: laptop keyboards

Load Metric

laptop keyboards

I got a killer deal on my gaming laptop an MSI stealth G66 so I bought it on the spot. One thing I never thought to try out was the keyboard. it has these very soft sunken keys that I cannot type on. it weird that there's a difference between keyboards but its huge. I type perfectly fine at work but using this thing fucking sucks. I'm going to order a wireless keyboard. I've owned this for over a year and it hasn't gotten any better.

Anyone else ever deal with this?
    Last edited by Drawingdead; 11-26-2022 at 01:52 PM.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Drawingdead View Post
    I got a killer deal on my gaming laptop an MSI stealth G66 so I bought it on the spot. One thing I never thought to try out was the keyboard. it has these very soft sunken keys that I cannot type on. it weird that there's a difference between keyboards but its huge. I type perfectly fine at work but using this thing fucking sucks. I'm going to order a wireless keyboard. I've owned this for over a year and it hasn't gotten any better.

Anyone else ever deal with this?
    https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/p/lapto...4s/22wsp14p4s1

Best keyboards on a laptop

Pretty sure you can add a gaming card

Return your MSI and get a thinkpad

Silver
    Load Metric
    https://www.pcmag.com/reviews/lenovo...nt-keyboard-ii

Here's the wireless one

Lenovo, the current keeper of the ThinkPad brand, has long sought to capitalize on the brand’s cachet, offering many ThinkPad-branded docks, wireless speakers, and other accessories. So it’s only natural that the company would want to offer one of the best parts of the ThinkPad experience—the keyboard—as a standalone accessory.
    Last edited by ok25; 11-26-2022 at 02:51 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I found Lenovo keyboards suck.

HP are my favorite but they can break easily. I kinda think 2 year warranties are the minimum you want with HP laptops. Second one in a row where I needed shit fixed in the 12-24 month frame.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I found Lenovo keyboards suck.

HP are my favorite but they can break easily. I kinda think 2 year warranties are the minimum you want with HP laptops. Second one in a row where I needed shit fixed in the 12-24 month frame.
    Not all lenovo's are thinkpads

My last thinkpad has been going 5 years after dropping it from high up and the fan stopped working. Still no issue.

Just upgraded to a max'd out P14s and the keyboard is great as per usual for thinkpads.

Suck a dick

Load Metric
    I don’t want to switch from my MSI, it handles all my gaming while on multiple screens. I love the machine just hate the keyboard. I’m going to order a Bluetooth keyboard, I didn’t know if anyone else experienced the same issue.

Load Metric
    I don’t want to switch from my MSI, it handles all my gaming while on multiple screens. I love the machine just hate the keyboard. I’m going to order a Bluetooth keyboard, I didn’t know if anyone else experienced the same issue.

my gp66 3080 rtx arrived today.

no real complaints about the keyboard tbh but i havent heard speakers this bad since the mid 90s.

im having an honest to god 'how is this real life' moment after using macbook pro speakers for the last 10+ years.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    i appreciate that it cost me 25% of a macbook pro dont get me wrong but this exactly the quality i would expect from a pair of $15 toy speakers.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    I learned to type 50 some years ago on this type of keyboard. This is one where the old technology is better. There's a reason for the negative incline. You don't have to stretch your fingers so far and the back of your palms don't contact any surface.

When typing on a negative tilt keyboard I'm over 60 wpm with few mistakes. But with the flat keyboards on today's laptops I can't type very fast and make a lot of mistakes due to having to stretch my fingers and the back of my palms hit the surface quite often causing me to fat finger.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    POKER FAG ALERT! POKER FAG ALERT! FOR GAY SEX CONTACT SLOPPY JOE.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
    I learned to type 50 some years ago on this type of keyboard. This is one where the old technology is better. There's a reason for the negative incline. You don't have to stretch your fingers so far and the back of your palms don't contact any surface.

When typing on a negative tilt keyboard I'm over 60 wpm with few mistakes. But with the flat keyboards on today's laptops I can't type very fast and make a lot of mistakes due to having to stretch my fingers and the back of my palms hit the surface quite often causing me to fat finger.

shut it down you aging hick slob.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post

LMAO

I have seen what you look like on video

YOU ARE CALLING SOMEONE ELSE A SLOB???

Load Metric

my gp66 3080 rtx arrived today.

no real complaints about the keyboard tbh but i havent heard speakers this bad since the mid 90s.

im having an honest to god 'how is this real life' moment after using macbook pro speakers for the last 10+ years.
    Yeah my speakers are pretty bad as well, i mainly use headphones so it never really bothered me.

Load Metric
    When sonatine misses a meal, the stock market drops. Said he was going to lose a hundred pounds. He's only got 120 pounds to go.
    POKER FAG ALERT! POKER FAG ALERT! FOR GAY SEX CONTACT SLOPPY JOE.

Thread Information