Thread: Joey Ingram versus Norman Chad

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Joey Ingram versus Norman Chad

Cardplayer Lifestyle's Robbie Strazynski wrote a pretty good article about a bizarre feud between YouTuber "Chicago" Joey Ingram and longtime poker commentator Norman Chad.

It all stemmed from Joey's super-long "investigation" videos on the Robbie Jade Lew "J4o" scandal from late September. In early-mid October, Norman Chad tweeted that Joey's video "investigations" were irresponsible, and then jokingly compared the Robbie Lew situation to more high profile mysteries, such as Amelia Earhart.

Joey, who is usually mild-mannered and rarely directly confrontational, got agitated after being directed to these tweets, and surprisingly said that Norman Chad needed to be "cracked in the ribs 4 times for his 4 tweets".

Joey doubled down on the statement on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/Joeingram1/status/1580440475168710657

In early November, Norman deactivated his Twitter account after claiming to have received threats from supporters of Joey's:

At the end of Robbie Strazynski's article, he mentions that Joey clarified he's never going to actually physically attack Norman Chad, but that he was annoyed by Chad attacking his investigation.

I don't quite understand any of this. Joey's "investigation" of Robbie pretty much just let people get on his show and talk (including Robbie herself, multiple times), without Joey making any allegations against her. Nothing about it seemed "irresponsible" to me.

At the same time, I don't understand why Joey freaked out regarding Norman criticizing him on Twitter.

Load Metric

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    https://twitter.com/BarstoolNate/status/1595183864040783873

Barstool Nate got into it with Allen Kessler on Twitter during the 2022 WSOP Main Event, and it didn't go well for Nate. People in poker saw the Barstool guys as annoying dudes who just joined the poker space, yet feel as if they are immediately relevant.

I don't believe Norman Chad has been keeping Nate off of TV tables.

Load Metric
    Norman Chad has basically tried to be the Phil Mushnick of the Poker World. But criticizing most traditional Poker media a) No one gives a shit & b) Traditional Poker media has given him a really cushy gig for 20 or so years.

So of course people will notice much more if he attacks Joey, Doug, Barstool, etc. Joey is definitely an emotional guy & can be a bit of a sensitive. But I do think Joey has a great heart & I’m confident in my read on that. But he fucked up here. It was too specific, his tone & body movements don’t come off in jest. He should apologize if he hasn’t already.

Load Metric
    Joey is a tool JeffDime. Not ill spirited I’ll grant you.

Chad poking fun at establishment figures is just comedy 101 and was an easy schtick

Comments

Crowe Diddly: The Couch Slouch does couch slouch things.

Thread Information