Thread: Adderall Shortage

Gold
    Load Metric

Adderall Shortage

Twenty-six million people take this drug. Eight percent of the US population is on this highly addictive and potent drug. Doctors are prescribing it to anyone with ADHD or anyone who wants it who can demonstrate the symptoms of ADHD. In other words, if you want this drug you just need to know what to say, not necessarily have a condition which the drug would help.

Its an amphetamine and so coming off of it is extremely difficult and can produce terrible side effects. Now there is a world-wide shortage and people are being forced to either stop use without tapering or seek alternatives such as crystal meth or whatever else they might get their hands on, triggering individual and societal hardships and consequences.

I've never taken this drug. I'm sure I would like it and benefit from its effects but I also understand addiction and don't want any part of that or any addiction. Anyone have any experience with this or other amphetamines? Is the shortage impacting anyone you know? I consider the doctors who are over prescribing these drugs to be as bad or worse than a street dealer when considering the addictive qualities of the drug.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/med...is/ar-AA14jTym

Load Metric
    Took it a fair amount in college as it would allow me to study uninterrupted for hours on end, something I really struggled with at that age. It wasn't even considered a 'drug' per se when I was a freshman/sophomore, just a study aid that seemed to be readily available.

I actually got a prescription from the campus doctor, as there was a known presentation of symptoms to give and he doled it out like candy. I had a hard time focusing but definitely not enough to warrant getting Adderall.

Didn't even think to party on it until I joined a fraternity and that was a common occurrence. Remember reading somewhere that it was essentially no different from meth. Would still take it here and there if I needed to be super productive but haven't since 2009-10. Always preferred the extended release variety, as it wouldn't hit as hard but would last forever. Went through a funk for a couple of weeks when my prescription ran out and I didn't try to refill that was probably some type of withdrawal in hindsight but I never craved it.

Would never dream of taking it again ever since I started experiencing anxiety in my mid 20's. It's effectively meth, stay away.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Sad story for the people reliant on HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL, LETS RIDE BIKES!!!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by country978 View Post
    Twenty-six million people take this drug. Eight percent of the US population is on this highly addictive and potent drug. Doctors are prescribing it to anyone with ADHD or anyone who wants it who can demonstrate the symptoms of ADHD. In other words, if you want this drug you just need to know what to say, not necessarily have a condition which the drug would help.

Its an amphetamine and so coming off of it is extremely difficult and can produce terrible side effects. Now there is a world-wide shortage and people are being forced to either stop use without tapering or seek alternatives such as crystal meth or whatever else they might get their hands on, triggering individual and societal hardships and consequences.

I've never taken this drug. I'm sure I would like it and benefit from its effects but I also understand addiction and don't want any part of that or any addiction. Anyone have any experience with this or other amphetamines? Is the shortage impacting anyone you know? I consider the doctors who are over prescribing these drugs to be as bad or worse than a street dealer when considering the addictive qualities of the drug.

Wrong. Any withdrawal is entirely psychological so no terrible side effects.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    It's actually very effective for ADHD and has a low side effect profile compared to other ADHD meds. It does kill your appetite though.

Like all controlled substances, the problem comes from abuse. It has been around since the 90s and is very well understood and studied.

I've never taken it. It's very popular among poker tourney pros.

Comments

Sloppy Joe: Yes, was also amazing for online grinding back when I did that

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post

For somebody with known addiction issues your awefully ignorant especially regarding certain drugs including alcohol

In fact alcohol and benzodiazepines addiction can easily lead to seizures including to a fatal level that’s why they have to be medically detoxed and cleared before treatment for the addiction itself can begin. Literally people can die from withdrawal from those 2 specifically. Also opioid addiction has to be carefully monitored as well and doses tapered off otherwise it can cause serious medical issues including severe GI issues as opioids can significantly affect the parasympathetic nervous system which controls those bodily functions up to and including potentially severe cramping and yes I’ve heard of cases of somebody having a rebound bowel obstruction from going cold Turkey (some would assume this wouldn’t be true as the assumption might be severe motility being induced as the opioids are no longer repressing the gut but the body can do weird shit and have a paradoxical reaction sometimes). So once again Les your comment isn’t just wrong it’s ignorant of the reality’s of addiction especially to certain substances.

Comments

Bilbodoggins: this is correct. physical withdrawal is very real and potentially dangerous.

Load Metric
    Back in College in the 80's Adderall wasn't a thing yet. We used to take Ephedrine hydrochloride to stay up and study all night. We called them "Smart Pills". We later learned how this CNS stimulant was pretty dangerous when taken in large quantities and we probably shouldn't have taken them the way we did.

As for the Adderall "shortage", just stop by any Pharmacy in Mexico and buy all you want - for cheap. And its the same stuff manufactured by the same Pharma company, except the writing on the box is in Spanish.
    En boca cerrada, no entran moscas

Load Metric
    Interesting read … but speaking of alcohol addiction and shortages …

Had a Patriots party last Sunday. I waited til the last minute to procure booze. I thought I’d get a couple 30 packs of different brands. I’m not a beer guy. Maybe a Guinness now and then. The whole fruity fag microbrewery thing I got no use for. What I lacked in thoughtful selection I’d make up for in volume.

I went to the “packy” (Boston for liquor store) and there were no 30 packs. The clerk told me there was a CO2 shortage. Some microbreweries are shutting down as a result.

I don’t know about beer prices but I’m sure I paid more than I would have before.

I mentioned the CO2 story to my guests and they all nodded like, “tell me something I don’t know”.

We needed the beer for the 3 hours of 3-3 football. Fun finish though

Thx Binden

Comments

country978: you dont say? 1st ive heard of it.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

Had a Patriots party last Sunday. I waited til the last minute to procure booze. I thought I’d get a couple 30 packs of different brands. I’m not a beer guy. Maybe a Guinness now and then. The whole fruity fag microbrewery thing I got no use for. What I lacked in thoughtful selection I’d make up for in volume.

I went to the “packy” (Boston for liquor store) and there were no 30 packs. The clerk told me there was a CO2 shortage. Some microbreweries are shutting down as a result.

I don’t know about beer prices but I’m sure I paid more than I would have before.

I mentioned the CO2 story to my guests and they all nodded like, “tell me something I don’t know”.

Thx Binden
    Bro, that is crazy that you said that because I opened a can of Coke the other day and it was out of fizz in like 15 minutes. I told my wife, I bet they are cutting the CO2 in cans as stagflation.

Definitely confirmed.

Load Metric
    how the fuck can there be a co2 shortage dont we breathe that shit out?

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Avon Barksdale View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

Thx Binden
    Bro, that is crazy that you said that because I opened a can of Coke the other day and it was out of fizz in like 15 minutes. I told my wife, I bet they are cutting the CO2 in cans as stagflation.

Definitely confirmed.
    I had routine labs done yesterday and my bicarbonate (CO2) level was slightly low. Must be the shortage.

Load Metric
    We used to offer kid birthday parties and corporate events at our business. B.C. Before Covid.

We’d always have 2 tanks of helium on-site to blow up balloons. Helium was becoming a problem even before we shut down. Now there is a big helium shortage.

Wonder if anyone buys helium balloons for birthday parties anymore.

Helium is used to cool down the magnets in MRI’s. Apparently this is an issue.

Kid birthday parties and corporate events was good clean money. They seem such an antiquated idea to me now.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by ftpjesus View Post

For somebody with known addiction issues your awefully ignorant especially regarding certain drugs including alcohol

In fact alcohol and benzodiazepines addiction can easily lead to seizures including to a fatal level that’s why they have to be medically detoxed and cleared before treatment for the addiction itself can begin. Literally people can die from withdrawal from those 2 specifically. Also opioid addiction has to be carefully monitored as well and doses tapered off otherwise it can cause serious medical issues including severe GI issues as opioids can significantly affect the parasympathetic nervous system which controls those bodily functions up to and including potentially severe cramping and yes I’ve heard of cases of somebody having a rebound bowel obstruction from going cold Turkey (some would assume this wouldn’t be true as the assumption might be severe motility being induced as the opioids are no longer repressing the gut but the body can do weird shit and have a paradoxical reaction sometimes). So once again Les your comment isn’t just wrong it’s ignorant of the reality’s of addiction especially to certain substances.

Oh, OK I see what happened. I said "any withdrawal" I meant any withdrawal related to Adderall. There is a withdrawal but again no physical withdrawal.
    Common misconception regarding stimulants.
    Last edited by limitles; 11-22-2022 at 08:21 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

I missed the other gem here. ADHD medication is considered highly effective for the disorder. In Canada you have zero chance of getting a prescription without clinical tests performed by a psychiatrist. 30 years ago, sure.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    So if you need a bailout you can eat the cotton out of a benzadrex inhalor. its disgusting, only name brand. ITs gross so very desperate.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

I missed the other gem here. ADHD medication is considered highly effective for the disorder. In Canada you have zero chance of getting a prescription without clinical tests performed by a psychiatrist. 30 years ago, sure.
    Here's ADHD for you. I had to read this three times to realize the third error. World wide shortage? No. People being forced to crystal meth? No. There is a long list of decade old regulated stimulants that will fill any void.
    A non story

Load Metric
    People should try Modafinil before using Adderall, as it's much safer.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by PositiveVariance View Post
    Adderall is not dangerous. Someone with high blood would be wise to monitor that but there are no other health risks

The addictive nature is real. Even if diagnosed there is a risk of abuse.
    So I've heard.

Quote Originally Posted by PositiveVariance View Post
    Adderall is not dangerous. Someone with high blood would be wise to monitor that but there are no other health risks

So I've heard.
    I'm sure you have tried everything under the sun Les. Is there any drug you haven't sampled ?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by PROUDBOY MAGA 2024 View Post

So I've heard.
    I'm sure you have tried everything under the sun Les. Is there any drug you haven't sampled ?
    No heroin/opiates. Had poppy tea once and was nauseous. Pretty much everything else a full live calls for.

Thread Information