Thread: I was on Chicago Joey's show for the first time, ending just a few minutes ago

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

I was on Chicago Joey's show for the first time, ending just a few minutes ago

Was spontaneous.

I turned it on, saw I was being talked about and PFA was being scrolled, so I offered to come on, and he said yes.

We talked about a lot of different topics, and I was probably on for about 90+ minutes.

I'm at the 2 hour 51 minute mark.

Comments

country978: cool - watching it now

JeffDime: +1

Daniel72: nice

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Nice , thoughts on Joey?

HE is sorta embedded with the community as as whole, his hands clean? Odd he seems crypto rich when the bottom fell out.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    I think he's PLO rich not crypto rich. He didn't seem too interested at this stage in this e-check thing but thought Druff did a good job

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    You can find me at the 2 hour, 51 minute mark. Reaction from the chat room to my appearance was very positive, so that was nice.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Good segment. I enjoyed it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    You can find me at the 2 hour, 51 minute mark. Reaction from the chat room to my appearance was very positive, so that was nice.
    You were great on Berkey but here was simply no possibility of any extended exposure to that Joey guy.

I swear I didn’t see the time stamp before.

If I find myself properly medicated I’ll dip my toe in.

Honestly I never realized how sharp and well spoken Berkey was until the Robbi v Garrett deal. Right hand to god, I thought how remarkable it was how well spoken the pair of you were in conversation. Doesn’t happen in poker talk.

Sharp contrast to babbling Joey.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by drake View Post
    I think he's PLO rich not crypto rich. He didn't seem too interested at this stage in this e-check thing but thought Druff did a good job
    Interesting questions.

I think he is YouTube comfortable.

If he seemed disinterested you might be confusing his demeanor with his being dumb. Bit of incentive for me to suffer thru him now. I’m now curious about his lack of attention and poor manners.

He’s a tool

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Todd is god (lower case).

I had no idea about this bank account breach story. It's big. Should have been top billing for this show.

Side note. It is rare, in a live interview, to hear someone speak so eloquently as you did Todd. This applies to any level of broadcasting.

No edits, just the brain of Todd Witteles.

I think I'm going to revisit Pokerfraudalert radio for this reason.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    You were great on Berkey but here was simply no possibility of any extended exposure to that Joey guy.

Honestly I never realized how sharp and well spoken Berkey was until the Robbi v Garrett deal. Right hand to god, I thought how remarkable it was how well spoken the pair of you were in conversation. Doesn’t happen in poker talk.

I've mentioned on radio that there's a few people in poker whom I've gotten to like better in the past 1-2 years.

Berkey is one of those people. We've talked in DM on and off over the past several months. We aren't friends, but we have a good relationship, and I was glad to see that without being a victim himself, he jumped on the bank theft situation and made it a major topic on his show.

He's got a good thing going at the moment -- a training product which seems to be doing well, and a successful YouTube show which promotes said training product. For whatever reason they just lost the hot chick on their show (Melissa Schubert), so that's going to hurt them a bit, but I think they're established enough to go on without her. When you've got a video show, it's always advantageous to have an attractive female as part of the group.

Some of the poker wokes have tried to cancel Berkey at various times over the past year or so, but they've never been successful. He's not even a conservative, but just has the occasional politically incorrect take which gets the woke poker crew angry. I think poker Twitter is getting tired of thie whining of these people. They've come after Negreanu and Joey Ingram a few times this year, as well.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    Todd is god (lower case).

I had no idea about this bank account breach story. It's big. Should have been top billing for this show.

Side note. It is rare, in a live interview, to hear someone speak so eloquently as you did Todd. This applies to any level of broadcasting.

No edits, just the brain of Todd Witteles.

I think I'm going to revisit Pokerfraudalert radio for this reason.
    Wow, a positive post from limitles. I must have really done something right.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Berkey isn't young, but he's still a decade younger than me. He didn't find poker until the late 2000s, and interestingly enough, his breakout was finishing 43rd in the 2010 Main Event -- the same one where I finished 88th (still my best finish).

Anyway, his entire crew wasn't around in the early 2000s online poker (most weren't old enough), so most of 2000s poker history is something they just don't know much about. This was apparent when they had the show discussing Brandi Hawbaker, and Matt was the only one who remembered her at all, and his recall of the situation was very light. By his own admission, he wasn't paying a lot of attention to poker drama in those days, and was very new to everything.

At one point, he mentioned that perhaps they'd have a show in the future discussing the early days of online poker. Maybe when I'm in Vegas for some length of time, I'll offer to come down and be a guest in person, to talk about the "old days" of online poker (and the crazy world of 2000s poker in general). I'll let you guys know if I do.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

I've mentioned on radio that there's a few people in poker who, in the past 1-2 years, I've improved my opinion of them a lot.

Berkey is one of those people. We've talked in DM on and off over the past several months. We aren't friends, but we have a good relationship, and I was glad to see that without being a victim himself, he jumped on the bank theft situation and made it a major topic on his show.

He's got a good thing going at the moment -- a training product which seems to be doing well, and a successful YouTube show which promotes said training product. For whatever reason they just lost the hot chick on their show (Melissa Schubert), so that's going to hurt them a bit, but I think they're established enough to go on without her. When you've got a video show, it's always advantageous to have an attractive female as part of the group.

Some of the poker wokes have tried to cancel Berkey at various times over the past year or so, but they've never been successful. He's not even a conservative, but just has the occasional politically incorrect take which gets the woke poker crew angry. I think poker Twitter is getting tired of thie whining of these people. They've come after Negreanu and Joey Ingram a few times this year, as well.
    Opinions attract as much as detract. I just listened to your impressive description of a money scam involving online poker sites and banks.

Five minutes later your political and social biases are jumping off the page. The attractive female line highlighted above is unfortunately a reality but the cart does not lead the horse.

"Losing a hot chick" should not concern a show of substance.

Thread Information