Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Major crypto exchange FTX is about to collapse

Load Metric
    What became of the other autist Navinder Sarao? The Hound of Hounslow. Has he commented?

Load Metric
    actually i should rephrase, yes hes clearly autistic.

but the shit lewis describes has less to do with autism and more to do with something a whole lot darker.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

but the shit lewis describes has less to do with autism and more to do with something a whole lot darker.

If you had a weighted coin which was 2x more likely to land heads and benefit everyone on earth or land tails and the world would be extinguished - would you flip it?

SBF: yes

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

If you had a weighted coin which was 2x more likely to land heads and benefit everyone on earth or land tails and the world would be extinguished - would you flip it?

SBF: yes

above and beyond him having to fake out people into thinking he was a functional human adult, you get into stuff like modelbot which perfectly demonstrates how he simply thought he could smart his way to the moon using other peoples money while never having the slightest fucking idea what he was doing because his entire life, shitty people had told him he was smart enough to not do actual work/research.

arbing zero liquidity shitcoins while he slept for negative $500k a day because he never coded in anything to check the spread? then lying to everyones face about not doing it anymore?

lewis basically describes that as coquettish. what a rascal. sharp edges etc.

like no bro he conned people out of $170m and then basically sauntered up the roulette wheel and said fuck red, fuck black, make me a market on taupe.

also i fucking love how he made 300m at jane st betting trump would tank the market and then woke up 300m in the red because he never once imagined the market would price it all in. just hairbrained.

i mean look flash boys, big short great books. but this is basically an extended club remix forbes article.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    SBF testifies tomorrow. I have no earthly idea why. 100% he’s doing it against the advise of counsel.

(He’s) gonna be lit.

Load Metric
    SBF testifies tomorrow. I have no earthly idea why. 100% he’s doing it against the advise of counsel.

(He’s) gonna be lit.

my guess is he sees what the rest of us see; his counsel doing absolutely nothing to keep him from spending the rest of his life in a cage.

Load Metric
    Name:  IMG_7026.gif
Views: 98
Size:  292.4 KB

Load Metric
    if youve seen his lawyers accomplish anything meaningful whatsoever you should definitely post about it because youd be an instant celebrity among legal circles if it turned out to be true.

Load Metric
    if youve seen his lawyers accomplish anything meaningful whatsoever you should definitely post about it because youd be an instant celebrity among legal circles if it turned out to be true.
    They’ve been universally panned by even the most casual observers it’s that obvious, I suppose.

Then again, they had not a lot to work with.

still gonna get paid enormous fees.

Load Metric
    sam farmed EA for VC to gamble with. and then he tried to use client funds to basically martingale it back. i dont know why people feel compelled to complicate that narrative.

Load Metric
    in any case stack alts because the way the universe works is; if sam hadnt been arrested the btc / alt market would have carried his balance sheet to green again.

Load Metric
    the problem with autism capital is that they are actually supremely ill informed on a great many subjects that they have been elevated to positions of authority on simply by virtue of being the defacto crowdsourced spokesaccount on the sbf debacle:

https://twitter.com/myraccoonhands/status/1717660873274098067

Load Metric
    Most people know about this.

According to the FTX Group’s press release, the funds were overwhelmingly “sourced” from Alameda Research’s coffers. Out of the total of $3.2 billion, SBF received $2.2 billion, followed by a sum of $587 million to Nishad Singh and $247 million to Zixiao “Gary” Wang.

Smaller (yet still substantial) sums were also paid out to Ryan Salame ($87 million), John Samuel Trabucco ($25 million), and, finally, Caroline Ellison, who received a “paltry” $6 million.

Most people don't know about this.

Super-networker and former Hollywood agent Michael Kives faces a lawsuit targeting the investment firm he founded, K5 Global. K5’s managing member Bryan Baum is also being targeted by the suit, in which FTX’s bankruptcy lawyers seek to recover $700 million in investments doled out to the aforementioned firm’s entities and associates.

The court filing, which TheWrap obtained Friday, says Sam Bankman-Fried, the founder of now-bankrupt cryptocurrency exchange FTX who was arrested for fraud, agreed to generously invest in K5, Kives and Baum in exchange for connections with influential politicians and celebrities including Katy Perry and Orlando Bloom. To this end, Kives and Baum each personally received $125 million, with half-a-billion dollars on top of all that going to various K5 entities as part of two transactions, which the Thursday filing labels as the “K5 Transaction” and “Mount Olympus Transaction.” Those expenses add up to $700 million, which is the figure FTX’s bankruptcy lawyers are aiming to recover from Kives, Baum, and K5 for transactions conducted without “due diligence.”

That's what I call easy money, I wouldn't be surprised if they're able to keep the ill gotten loot.
    They asked Warren Buffet about Kives and Buffet called him a name dropper.

Load Metric
    you seem to want to parry with me but we are not at odds.

I hold absolutely zero moral outrage over Sam, Karpeles, Ulbricht or any of the hundreds of other scaliwags that populate the crypto space. Redacted intersects with my reality in no way except as entertainment and fascination over the human condition.

Lewis, Autism Capital and such enrich that experience. I found AC’s wit on the subject of SBF pre and post collapse sublime. His coverage of the egg crisis elicited just as many smiles.

At first I was a bit alarmed to learn of SBF’s foray into politics but I quickly came to peace with that too.

I’ve said it before but I am exploring adopting the posture that I don’t care about political corruption anymore at this late stage of the empire either.

Load Metric
    you seem to want to parry with me but we are not at odds.

I hold absolutely zero moral outrage over Sam, Karpeles, Ulbricht or any of the hundreds of other scaliwags that populate the crypto space. Redacted intersects with my reality in no way except as entertainment and fascination over the human condition.

Lewis, Autism Capital and such enrich that experience. I found AC’s wit on the subject of SBF pre and post collapse sublime. His coverage of the egg crisis elicited just as many smiles.

At first I was a bit alarmed to learn of SBF’s foray into politics but I quickly came to peace with that too.

I’ve said it before but I am exploring adopting the posture that I don’t care about political corruption anymore at this late stage of the empire either.

absolutely none of my takes on this are somehow springboarding off yours, im just out here in the arena.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I was following Autism Capital way before they were cool, and way before most people knew they existed. The account's funny name is what got me. Which I'm sure is the point.

As sonatine noted, they got elevated to the big time due to the SBF debacle, because they aggressively covered that matter from the start, and in a tabloidesque way that many enjoyed.

I did this little quip from 2 hours ago, against UB cheating scandal figure Daniel Friedberg:

https://twitter.com/AutismCapital/status/1717680091785007354

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I was following Autism Capital way before they were cool, and way before most people knew they existed. The account's funny name is what got me. Which I'm sure is the point.
    It’s also likely that you saw Autism Capital posts like this on your site during the glory days.

AC’s recognition of the absurdity of Sam at his height while everyone else was ball gargling …. simply perfect

Name:  IMG_7028.jpeg
Views: 64
Size:  43.5 KB

Load Metric
    Sam testified without the jury present to see how it went. It didn’t go well.

Sam blamed his lawyers including Druff’s boy Friedberg.

Mostly Sam had answered every question except those that were posed to him. Vintage Sam double talk.

Judge got beyond annoyed.

Comments

Tellafriend: Mostly Sam had answered every question except those that were posed to him. Vintage Sam double talk.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    It’s also likely that you saw Autism Capital posts like this on your site during the glory days.

AC’s recognition of the absurdity of Sam at his height while everyone else was ball gargling …. simply perfect

the odds of me not being the first person to post an AC tweet here are fairly slim tbh.

Load Metric

the odds of me not being the first person to post an AC tweet here are fairly slim tbh.
    Todd’s post got me wondering how I happened upon AC.

It’s likely you or Wall Street Silver.

You do have one of the greatest ears I’ve ever run across ….

Thread Information