Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: Major crypto exchange FTX is about to collapse

Load Metric
    Sam Bankman Fried is running too pure now

and maybe, he was well educated comes form good upbringing so maybe knew how to if everything went bad as it has now, to evade the worst of it legally. The Bahemian angle here probably was well orchestrated and known, also this is at the highest level and expensive to do/know soo, you have well paid legal teams here involved, guiding it along. And what i realllllly wonder now.

WHO is at the TOP after we RIP this CURTAIN down NOW and as they say follow the trail (money...)

https://twitter.com/GMA/status/1598225392313151488

Comments

FRANKRIZZO: make Karpeles look honest

Gold
    Load Metric
    I can't believe SBF had the nerve to still show up to that NYT's event and speak.
    And then Zelensky freaking out over Elon Musk suggesting a peace deal.
    They're not even trying to hide it anymore wtf.

This god damn war in Ukraine is about hundreds of thousands of young white males being forced into suicide missions while Zelensky and his pals get rich.

Load Metric
    based edgelords don’t Tucker Carlson @Entropy

Every time SBF is faced with a tough question our twitchy autist ramps up arcane shorthand about the financial plumbing of trading. He carefully selects the noob host like CNBC or ABC where this strategy would be a winner but the audience has never been more financially sophisticated - the road show is losing effectiveness

Comments

Dan Druff:
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 12-02-2022 at 10:40 AM.

Load Metric
    looks like japanese ftx clients are getting all their money back.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Tucker Carlson is annoying AF & is more entertainer than thought leader. I don’t usually click on Tucker links but I relented for some reason. He’s a clown but he wasn’t wrong here.

I stand down.

Load Metric
    11 Hours With Sam Bankman-Fried: Inside the Bahamian Penthouse After FTX’s Fall

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/featu...ftx-s-collapse

I dare SBF to spend 11 minutes with a customer who FTX took his entire life savings.

Last edited by TheXFactor; 12-02-2022 at 07:50 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

Why do you think SBF will get a “really stiff sentence”?

This offshore entity in an unregulated industry.

Don’t confuse your outrage with penalty. You of all people. That is rarely how things work as your experience in poker should have informed you.

This might be why the guy with relationships to really well connected and highly educated lawyers might be chillin’ and not runnin.

He’ll do some time perhaps but he isn’t gonna be Ross Ulbricht

this is really a big part of the point i was making yesterday.

fraud is when you line your own pockets with a rug pull.

the overwhelming majority of missteps that brought down ftx _appear_ to simply be impulsive gestures based on shit that worked a hundred times before it didnt.

the recent 'hacks' are a different convo, we dont know what happened there. im more inclined to chalk it up to north korea than insiders but whatever.

there were so many incredibly high risk plays made that were obviously not designed to deceive, but simply to be flashy 'i can so i will' type maneuvers... i dont know what a court can do with that, and i dont know what court would even have jurisdiction.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Tucker Carlson is annoying AF & is more entertainer than thought leader. I don’t usually click on Tucker links but I relented for some reason. He’s a clown but he wasn’t wrong here.

I stand down.
    I couldn't agree more but over the last couple years he's completely transformed into the hardest hitting Journalist in the country ainec.
    He's the only MSM source I trust.

He's more than a thought leader, he's America's Anchorman. You should watch his video's more often, if I post em you know they're good, hahah.

Load Metric
    Sam Bankman-Fried says he 'misaccounted' $8 billion after FTX customers wired money to hedge fund Alameda and the cash was counted twice

https://www.businessinsider.com/sam-...llapse-2022-12

It was a small accounting error, no fraud involved.

I'm sure his investors and customers will completely understand. They will forgive him and give him Billions more.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    11 Hours With Sam Bankman-Fried: Inside the Bahamian Penthouse After FTX’s Fall

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/featu...ftx-s-collapse

I dare SBF to spend 11 minutes with a customer who FTX took his entire life savings.

11 minutes? Some kind of Spinal Tap thing?
    En boca cerrada, no entran moscas

Load Metric

Cool

LOL.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Poker Streamer Jamie Staples streamed today and was asked what he thought about SBF and FTX? (He hasn't streamed in weeks due to Covid, so it was his first stream back since the FTX debacle)

Jamie Staples said he doesn't believe what happened was nefarious in nature and writes everything off to poor risk management.

His take doesn't surprise me because he is such a sappy, watered down, shill. He did admit that he did have an FTX affiliate link but seemed to act like it didnt matter because he only got 8 sign ups and didn't meet the minimum requirements to make anything from it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Remember the narrative that Caroline Ellison was hiding out in Hong Kong?

Umm....

https://twitter.com/AutismCapital/status/1599466158893432832

And in case you think it's a lookalike... nope! It's the real Caroline.

The manager of the barista in the picture showed up in the thread and confirmed it, and others pointed out that the dog with Caroline was the same dog she was pictured with in the Bahamas. Also, the dude with her is apparently from the Effective Altruism community. I'm guessing she's banging him.

So yeah... Caroline just strolling around in NYC with zero shits to give.

And she's not doing a thing to conceal her appearance.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Remember the narrative that Caroline Ellison was hiding out in Hong Kong?

Umm....

https://twitter.com/AutismCapital/status/1599466158893432832

And in case you think it's a lookalike... nope! It's the real Caroline.

The manager of the barista in the picture showed up in the thread and confirmed it, and others pointed out that the dog with Caroline was the same dog she was pictured with in the Bahamas. Also, the dude with her is apparently from the Effective Altruism community. I'm guessing she's banging him.

So yeah... Caroline just strolling around in NYC with zero shits to give.

And she's not doing a thing to conceal her appearance.
    NYC is a place where “celebrity”, if you want to call it that, draws no fucks.

She’s likely there because SDNY is there.

There is speculation that she just flew in on an international flight and landed in Teterboro (KTEB). So Hong Kong or Abu Dhabi? Too granuler for me.

Doesn’t really matter - what matters is folks are tooling up. Senate Hearing Dec 13?

SBF’s “I’m just a dummy who made mistakes not Bernie Madoff” image management tour should be wrapping up. Of all people, ABC’s George Stephanopoulos is credited with wounding SBF more than any other.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 12-04-2022 at 10:13 PM.

Load Metric
    Don’t allow Effective Altruism to ruin your appreciation of this saga, Druff. I know it comes close to striking your raw “woke” nerve.

In my cynical opinion, EA afforded SBF political currency. It separated him from your typical crypto grifter. He was a pragmatic political poseur. Worked. Brilliantly

How all those donations and relationships present themselves in legal negotiations and Senate Hearings is going to be the money shot. The discomfort and fear will rhyme with Epstein. The public scope of this affair will be carefully managed so that your heroes’ images aren’t hurt.

Load Metric
    autism capital are really showing their asses these days tbh.

Load Metric
    infinity q and allianz fund, whom had a bigger combined AUM than FTX, have blown up.

but they werent run by pudgy amphetamine addicted swingers so we wont be getting a lot of forensic analysis on the hows and whys, or any stalking of the sundry parties responsible i expect.

still tho.

probably still a bad time to be using silly little math routines as a store of value, innit.

lol. lmao.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    autism capital are really showing their asses these days tbh.
    That account (they?) always did. You were my first link to AC last year. We were both enjoying for quite some time.

Great writing and flawless humor. A unique brand for sure. Dispassionate and cynical about occupants of the crypto space. But always witty.

AC’s obsession with SBF became mine and it bled onto PFA. Hysterical commentary on our times.

AC was lobbying for a job with SBF FTX just prior to the blow up. AC WAS communicating with SBF on the possibility just prior to,the blow up.

I often couldn’t separate AC’s comedy from the truth. Which was pitch perfect.

Been crazy to watch it blow up.

You following the new CNN CEO and his stated desire to return to journalism and leave the infotainment to MSNBC & FOX?

We are witnessing the nadir of so much with ELON, SBF & Trump. New era approaching? I think so. Doesn’t mean we can’t share a few yucks in the mean time.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 12-05-2022 at 08:48 AM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The best thing to happen to Autism Capital was the FTX blowup. Like Sanlmar and others here, I was already following them, but in general they weren't particularly well known or highly followed. Now they're up to 189k followers, and actually getting baristas to confirm sightings of Caroline.

I saw that for awhile people were skeptical that the account was operated by SBF, which simply didn't make sense. It was putting out narrative that was opposite what SBF was pushing. Some thought he was doing it to earn trust and then would turn around to be supportive of himself, but I don't see it. SBF has a very direct goal of convincing people right now that he's not a criminal. He would not be operating such an accusatory account. In the last 1-2 weeks, that talk has finally died down. People are just paranoid.

Thread Information