Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Major crypto exchange FTX is about to collapse

Load Metric
    Winner of the $555 freeroll

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Small_Banana View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    SEC release on Caroline Ellison and Gary Wang: https://www.sec.gov/news/press-release/2022-234
    I am convinced Caroline was behind it. She manipulated him with blowjobs and threesomes.
    From what it says on her tumblr, she wouldn't have done such threesomes. She actually wanted to be part of a harem of girls, and had no interest in any kind of lesbian type sex.

However, you could be right that she manipulated him into stealing the money from FTX and sending it over to Alameda, which she controlled. I actually think they mutually believed it was a good idea, and hid behind their stupid EA crap in order to morally justify it. In reality, they just wanted to get richer, and thought that a huge bankroll was the key to becoming crypto trillionaires. Because if all of the investments go up in value, then nobody will ever notice you stole the money to invest in the first place, right?

Load Metric
    Caroline Ellison's plea agreement: https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...ss-on-the-case

As already mentioned, she faces "up to" 110 years in prison. However, she won't get anywhere near that. Clearly her lawyers negotiated something before she flew in to New York to face the music, which was contingent upon her cooperation in the case against SBF.

The plea agreement itself requires her to basically give up all documents and everything she knows about crimes committed.

Factoring in her cooperation, her lack of criminal history, and her female gender, and it's not going to be too stiff of a sentence. I'm guessing they give her something like 10 years, with the goal being to lock SBF away for life.
    Why did Karpels get away with a slap on the wrist? Don't believe he did any jail time. Loved the guy who confronted him in japan with his slurpee

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FRANKRIZZO View Post
    Caroline Ellison's plea agreement: https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...ss-on-the-case

As already mentioned, she faces "up to" 110 years in prison. However, she won't get anywhere near that. Clearly her lawyers negotiated something before she flew in to New York to face the music, which was contingent upon her cooperation in the case against SBF.

The plea agreement itself requires her to basically give up all documents and everything she knows about crimes committed.

Factoring in her cooperation, her lack of criminal history, and her female gender, and it's not going to be too stiff of a sentence. I'm guessing they give her something like 10 years, with the goal being to lock SBF away for life.
    Why did Karpels get away with a slap on the wrist? Don't believe he did any jail time. Loved the guy who confronted him in japan with his slurpee
    He was lucky enough to steal bitcoin at a time when crypto wasn't mainstream yet, so most governments didn't understand it enough to want to prosecute.

Also he didn't have a licensed exchange, and there weren't strong laws at the time regarding trading crypto for fiat currency.

Load Metric
    LOL.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Big Daniel Friedberg news:

He's cooperating with the feds, and has been since mid-November. Looks like this snake is going to get out of being charged.

Reuters put out an article about it today. This is the first time it's been revealed that Friedberg was talking with the feds.

https://www.reuters.com/business/fin...se-2023-01-05/

The U.S. Attorney's Office set up a meeting where Friedberg signed so-called proffer letters prepared for him by the SEC and other agencies, according to the source and an email exchanged by participants. Proffer letters typically describe a potential agreement between authorities and individuals who are witnesses or subjects of an investigation.
    I'm guessing that this proffer letter agreed to not prosecute him if he was willing to tell them everything he knew. Notice that while Caroline Ellison and Gary Wang had such agreements, they were actually criminally charged, while Friedberg was not. This would make it seem as if they were willing to let Friedberg walk without charges if he were to hand them valuable info to get SBF.

Hopefully Friedberg at least gets disbarred over this whole matter, but I bet he'll find a way to worm out of that, as well.

Bronze
    Load Metric

Keep your eye on $SI (Silvergate Bank). It was a fail bank based out of San Diego that decided to get involved with crypto. No bank in the USA wanted anything to do with crypto for a long time. It was perceived as being too risky. Silvergate didn't care and started offering banking services for regulated sites like Coinbase and unregulated sites like Binance. They most likely have a ton of exposure to FTX, even though they have denied it. The stock was down 17% today.
    Silvergate down 35% on the week. I believe they had a weak AML/KYC policy and this might be the end of them.
    Down 42% today.

Load Metric
    Where did he get bond of 250 mill? Did his parents have to pay percentage of house as down payment? doesn't compute. Probably squirled away somewhere. Look in that account and follow money trail.

Load Metric
    Where did he get bond of 250 mill? Did his parents have to pay percentage of house as down payment? doesn't compute. Probably squirled away somewhere. Look in that account and follow money trail.

Accused cryptocurrency fraudster Sam Bankman-Fried has asked a judge to keep secret the identities of two people who agreed to sign his bond, claiming they’d face harassment if their names were released

His conditions for release required his parents to co-sign a $250 million bond and two other unspecified persons also ink lesser individual bonds

https://nypost.com/2023/01/03/sam-ba...remain-secret/

Comments

FRANKRIZZO: ny post cred

Gold
    Load Metric
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Comments

1dollarboxcar: yep

Load Metric
    Name:  1.jpg
Views: 413
Size:  48.6 KB

Gold
    Load Metric
    I'm surprised nobody's mentioned Tom Dwan's link to SBF or SBF's possible ties to online gambling or online poker. I just glanced at the article.

Sidenote: Whatever happened with that Dwan not paying Jungleman debacle?

Anyhow
    Bombshell revelation
    Bankman-Fried Sought to Influence Witness, Prosecutors Say
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/comp...efcbe83d3214ce

For us mere mortals, that's a charge in and of itself. A pretty serious charge, not sam tho.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Entropy View Post
    I'm surprised nobody's mentioned Tom Dwan's link to SBF or SBF's possible ties to online gambling or online poker. I just glanced at the article.

Anyhow
    Bombshell revelation

For us mere mortals, that's a charge in and of itself. A pretty serious charge, not sam tho.

Dwan was very upset when FTX crashed, saying that nobody warned him that they were in trouble. He got pissed when he saw poker Twitter people saying how they've known for months that the place was shady.

Gold
    Load Metric

Anyhow
    Bombshell revelation

Dwan was very upset when FTX crashed, saying that nobody warned him that they were in trouble. He got pissed when he saw poker Twitter people saying how they've known for months that the place was shady.
    The opposite
    " It is alleged that Dwan played poker with numerous people connected to FTX in some way or another. Through his interactions with them, he found out about their insolvency and even warned certain people to be careful with FTX as he realized they were misappropriating funds. “I basically knew they were insolvent when ftt was still at 22.

https://twitter.com/TomDwan/status/1591956693541584897

I wonder if he really tried to warn people or if he just let people get burned or maybe he just made the whole thing up.
    Acting like he really had a read on FTX.

Edit: Not made the whole thing up, I think he may of been suspicious and mentioned it and then got pee'd on.
    Now that he's right he's overstating how certain he really was. I just don't believe he KNEW FOR SURE, he may of been highly suspicious.
    Last edited by Entropy; 01-28-2023 at 11:37 AM.

Load Metric

The opposite
    " It is alleged that Dwan played poker with numerous people connected to FTX in some way or another. Through his interactions with them, he found out about their insolvency and even warned certain people to be careful with FTX as he realized they were misappropriating funds. “I basically knew they were insolvent when ftt was still at 22.

https://twitter.com/TomDwan/status/1591956693541584897

I wonder if he really tried to warn people or if he just let people get burned or maybe he just made the whole thing up.
    Acting like he really had a read on FTX.

Edit: Not made the whole thing up, I think he may of been suspicious and mentioned it and then got pee'd on.
    Now that he's right he's overstating how certain he really was. I just don't believe he KNEW FOR SURE, he may of been highly suspicious.
    'poker player who is also suddenly and mysteriously brilliant at reading crypto ponzis' twitter is extremely real.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    tine hating from his frozen tundra

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lol wow View Post
    tine hating from his frozen tundra

fun fact the ftx lawyers doing forensics on the bankruptcy earn $2000 an hour.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Little more info on DanFriedberg in this video. Also a tie in to the inventor of inspector gadget (not even kidding)

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    BUMP

https://twitter.com/AutismCapital/status/1636268765070659584

Poor Caroline. Maybe this was why she had zero remorse regarding turning on SBF for the feds. That, and wanting to stay out of prison.

Load Metric
    i expect she would have made a lot more if she was profitable.

Thread Information