Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Time-to-get-on-the-DESANTIS-train

Load Metric
    Little off topic - but not by much.

Raytheon was a proud sponsor of the Army Navy game. Repeated ads. I stood up and saluted.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
    "Possible donors" is code for corporate lobbyists. The money from those corporate lobbyists will transform DiSantis from MAGA to Corporate Puppet Neocon.
    Lol. Do you have any idea at all who runs this country?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post
    "Possible donors" is code for corporate lobbyists. The money from those corporate lobbyists will transform DiSantis from MAGA to Corporate Puppet Neocon.

@Devidee?

Comments

devidee: The Amish, clearly.

Load Metric
    Do you have any idea at all what the fuck you are talking about? I know perfectly well who runs the country. I want them out. Why do you go along with them ? Oh, yeah, because you like to give blow jobs to your corporate puppet masters.

With DiSantis in it will be business as usual for the RepubliDems. Only Trump knows how to knock them back.
    POKER FAG ALERT! POKER FAG ALERT! FOR GAY SEX CONTACT SLOPPY JOE.

Load Metric
    Do you have any idea at all what the fuck you are talking about? I know perfectly well who runs the country. I want them out. Why do you go along with them ? Oh, yeah, because you like to give blow jobs to your corporate puppet masters.

With DiSantis in it will be business as usual for the RepubliDems. Only Trump knows how to knock them back.
    People in the business world laugh at Trump, because they know what a fool he is. They got him elected to cut their taxes, now that he is an embarrassment, they will dispense with him. BTW, business as usual is just fine with me, but I don’t live in a van, so you might have a different perspective.

Load Metric

People in the business world laugh at Trump, because they know what a fool he is. They got him elected to cut their taxes, now that he is an embarrassment, they will dispense with him. BTW, business as usual is just fine with me, but I don’t live in a van, so you might have a different perspective.
    Wall street did not and has never supported Trump, imbecile. You have no clue on the political makeup of this country but you fantasize that you do. YOU DON'T.

Take a look at the campaign contributions of the corporations. 90% of the money goes to democrats

If you like to fantasize that I'm a broke ass bum like you then have at it. What you fantasize about and what reality is....is two different things.

Ask your boss at the car wash for a 25 cent an hour raise. And don't forget to give him his daily head.
    POKER FAG ALERT! POKER FAG ALERT! FOR GAY SEX CONTACT SLOPPY JOE.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    BUMP

CNN already getting on DeSantis' case regarding the 2024 election. They're trying to paint the picture that DeSantis is alienating everyone -- including other Republicans -- by going too hard with the anti-woke stuff.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/02/19/polit...024/index.html

I disagree. The article is portraying DeSantis who is using heavy-handed, anti-free-speech tactics in order to combat wokeness -- sort of a case of two wrongs not making a right.

However, this is being portrayed incorrectly. Most of DeSantis' actions aren't the silencing of speech, but rather are prohibiting highly biased propaganda (or in some cases inappropriate material) from schools and public universities. There's a difference between speech suppression (which I don't support) and keeping inappropriate material out of curriculums (which I do support).

The "book banning" nonsense is a good example. School libraries are not general libraries. Not all books are appropriate for minors. It is not "censorship" to keep certain types of books out of school libraries, as long as you're not banning the sale or lending of those books to adult audiences. Similarly, there is no problem with forcing public colleges to stop pushing left wing political agendas within their coursework, or requiring ideological diverse hires at these colleges. For decades, the left has had full control of academia, and outwardsly disagreeing with the powers-that-be in these institutions is career suicide.

I'm not saying everything DeSantis is doing is perfect, but he's on the right track. It's not enough just to complain about the woke takeover of many facets of society. You need to be a man of action, and if you're going to legislate such matters, there's nothing wrong with doing so in a fashion which levels the ideological playing field.

I know it sucks for the left that they can't teach first graders about 100 genders and 50 sexual preferences, and that colleges aren't being allowed to include brainwashing material in their publicly-funded curricula, but they'll have to get over it.

Load Metric
    LOL at Meatball Pedo Ron.

Seems like he went too hard in the paint too soon after indirectly cucking Trump in the primaries. Current activity just appeals to idiots on the internet like Druff, will not translate nationally.

Needs to sit it the fuck out for a bit if he'll have any chance. Trump will annihate him as a final kiss of death to the GOP.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

Seems like he went too hard in the paint too soon after indirectly cucking Trump in the primaries. Current activity just appeals to idiots on the internet like Druff, will not translate nationally.

Needs to sit it the fuck out for a bit if he'll have any chance. Trump will annihate him as a final kiss of death to the GOP.
    I think it will translate nationally. A lot of independents, moderate Republicans, and moderate Democrats are sick of the woke left, and will vote for any non-crazy person who opposes that shit. It's a good tactic.

He probably has to take a bit more care when choosing targets (the AP African-American Studies thing, while I understand his objections, can be easily manipulated into being a case of racism), but overall he's on the right track.

The showdown with Trump will be a tough one, and there will likely be damage to both sides, regardless of who ends up coming out on top. I think that's really the only thing standing in his way at this point. If he wins the nomination, I believe he will crush senile Binden. But not only does he have to beat Trump, he has to make sure Trump doesn't run as a third party spolier.

Load Metric
    So I'll be honest here I'm a Floridian where Ron Desantis Governor. Florida is a very RED State. Orlando so a City obviously had more Diversity and Liberal people, SOUth Florida I moved to a year and half ago pretty Red also Middle of this State is deep Red. So anyway hes not bad Politically to many and appeals to some of the middle of the road Independent and that's important today. You need some of the independent undecided votes in the middle. Ron Desantis has an opportunity once Trump gets out of the way in time. Trump's not actually gonna win he's a smoke screen of sorts I think here. And once the DeSantis wins the GOP. He's going to be a real problem for Biden.

Many Americans are ready for change and that may be more Conservatives ways, Trump running as an independent is very lol interesting btw Druff

Comments

BetCheckBet: This post is much more coherent than Garett’s recent ones. Are you trolling us Garett?
    Last edited by garrett; 02-20-2023 at 02:47 AM.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Meatball Ron, and just like that the Desantis campaign is done. Say what you will about Trump but he can literally give you a nickname and end your fucking career.

Load Metric

Fact is each one of them could ruin the other. Donny is scared and he should be.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post

Fact is each one of them could ruin the other. Donny is scared and he should be.
    Trump calls him Meatball Ron and hammers that creepy pedo picture at every juncture.

Don't see 'woke alternative' translating to the national scale. Lots of campaigns tried during the lol Red Wave and Republicans got battered.

Most voters care more about real issues versus then ones Druff harasses parents for on Twitter.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    It's important to note that Donald Trump is a former U.S. President, and Ron DeSantis is the current Governor of Florida. Here are some potential pros and cons of each individual:

Donald Trump:

Pros:

Charismatic and has a strong ability to connect with his base of supporters
    Known for taking a hardline stance on issues such as immigration and national security
    Achieved some notable successes during his presidency, such as the passage of tax reform legislation
    Cons:

Controversial figure with a history of making inflammatory remarks and engaging in divisive rhetoric
    Was impeached twice during his presidency, with some critics alleging that he violated the Constitution
    Has been accused of promoting conspiracy theories and spreading misinformation
    Ron DeSantis:

Pros:

Has been praised by some for his handling of the COVID-19 pandemic in Florida, which has largely focused on reopening the economy and avoiding strict lockdown measures
    Has championed policies such as school choice and criminal justice reform
    Has the support of some conservatives and Republicans as a potential presidential candidate in the future
    Cons:

Has been criticized by some for his handling of the COVID-19 pandemic, particularly his opposition to vaccine mandates and his decision to prohibit local governments from imposing their own restrictions
    Has faced allegations of cronyism and favoritism in his administration
    Has been accused of using racially charged language and policies in the past, such as referring to Black Lives Matter protesters as "thugs"
    It's important to note that these are just a few potential pros and cons of each individual, and opinions may vary depending on one's political beliefs and personal experiences.

From chatgpt

Load Metric
    Also after I yelled at chatgpt for ten posts I finally got it to make a prediction. Based off of 2021 data obv

Based on available polling data and other relevant factors, it is possible that Donald Trump may have a higher likelihood of winning the Republican nomination in 2024 compared to Ron DeSantis. However, it is important to note that the political landscape is constantly evolving, and many unforeseen factors could influence the outcome of the election. Therefore, any prediction is subject to a degree of uncertainty, and it is impossible to make a definitive statement about the eventual outcome of the 2024 Republican primary.

Load Metric
    I think you are going to be surprised to find a growing backlash against the culture-warring form of conservatism that mark both DeSants & Trump.

But I’m always on the cutting edge

Load Metric
    Its this simple.

DeSantis will perform better in the general than Trump.

As the Democrats correctly focused on one issue and one issue after Iowa and NH - electability. Didn't matter that people in Iowa liked Mayor Pete. Didnt matter that liberal NH voters wanted The Bern. The adults in the room knew neither one would best Trump. Thats why everyone dropped and we got Biden. It was better to be the secretary of transportation than someone who lost to trump by 20%.

Love him or hate him…… and thats the root of the problem right there….. some % of Americans wont vote for Trump under any circumstance. Id argue that number may start with a 4 but its no less than 30%. Fir the mathematically challenged that means Trump has to win over 51 of the remaining 70. Or 51 of the remaining 60 if you think my number is right. He simply cant get there. DeSantis doesn't have the same amount of “never trumps/DeSantis” numbers. He needs 51 of 80…. The math works.

If the goal is to get demented Grandpa out of the Oval above all else than its time for the adults in the room to tell Trump to move aside. Give him whatever he wants. Make Don Jr the VP if thats what it takes.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    I think you are going to be surprised to find a growing backlash against the culture-warring form of conservatism that mark both DeSants & Trump.

I think there are probably a part of the population that may feel that way. But i think there is a larger part of the population that wants to go back to the 1950’s and its not all middle America types. Its always great to be open minded to other perspectives until you are forced to change yours in the name of diversity and inclusion.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

I think there are probably a part of the population that may feel that way. But i think there is a larger part of the population that wants to go back to the 1950’s and its not all middle America types. Its always great to be open minded to other perspectives until you are forced to change yours in the name of diversity and inclusion.
    I have the freedom to choose.

I do not have to live in a certain state.

I don’t have to watch the NFL.

I can avoid Google.

I can send my kid to private school.

You can whack off you penis, have skittle colored hair and have the freedom to choose. I prefer not hear about it but I’ll defend your right.

I very much applaud the growing difference between states. We do not all have to agree. California and Florida are exemplary examples. But that is not how a Federal gubmint should be run.

Just wait til the Saudi’s buy an NBA team or two as they have golf and soccer. That’ll wipe the woke right off that wacky League. They are coming. They have less freedom of speech but there is zero crime. Very 1950’s vibe. All the cool kids are hanging in Abu Dhabi these days. You tell me. Nobody getting shot at work, school or the Wynn Dixie checkout line.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 02-20-2023 at 11:42 AM.

Load Metric
    Working my way thru this. What a pairing. It’s complete fantasy but I have a dream.

Thread Information