Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Time-to-get-on-the-DESANTIS-train

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Trump had one contested primary, and that was 2016. He took everyone by surprise there, so nobody was ready for him. The assumption at the time was that he would burn out after the novelty wore off. It didn't, and by the time they all realized it, he had too much momentum to be stopped.

Desantis knows Trump's style and knows exactly what he'll be facing. I think he's going to try. Remember, even if he loses, he can come back and try again -- either because Trump wins a 2nd term and can't run again, or because Trump gets too old to run again (or dies).

The more I think about it, the more it makes absolute sense for Desantis to run in 2024. If he wins the primary, he will be facing either the unpopular/senile Biden or some terrible replacement candidate on the D side. If he waits it out, he could have a much tougher D opponent, or some other Republican star could rise and pass him in popularity. It is fairly clear right now that Republicans don't really have much competition to present for Desantis in the primary, aside from Trump.

Load Metric
    At some point the Dems will leak DeSantis involvement in torture at gitmo. Maybe it will help him, Americans are strange that way. Ron is basically John McCain on foreign policy, planted firmly in Israel's back pocket. Is good domestic policy enough?

Comments

country978: Americans care about anything else?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post
    I have always tried to carry myself with a high level of integrity in the poker community and I take it very personally when someone calls that in to question.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    It is fairly clear right now that Republicans don't really have much competition to present for Desantis in the primary, aside from Trump.
    You mean aside from the leader of the GOP there is no competition?

You just looked past what would be a colossal battle.

Read Barr’s article and get back to us.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

Kinda interesting but polls have become increasingly useless. Wasn’t that evident just now with the midterms? Isn’t that the lesson of the past few Presidential elections?

I do have a great understanding of the macro picture & the civil war. I’ll wait and see who is around after the bloodletting. Trump isn’t gonna go easy for the good of the party. It’s win or die for him. I’d have a medic present at all times. There’s gonna be casualties.

We know absolutely nothing at this point.

Personally, I’m not really conversant in DeSantis yet. Tulsi is pretty.
    They interest me only so far as I’m trying to decide if I’m in a bubble or those who post here are.

When the only people I hear taking about Desantis live in Florida, work for Fox or the National Review, or are suburban Republicans living in the bluest states, that makes me curious where reality lies.

My reality is I know 20 desertunners to every Druff or Daly, while hoping they’re right. I simply don’t think they are.

Be the first one to admit i may the one who is off as i live in florida. My feelings on how Ron was going to do in this past election and how florida was turning bright red was spot on.

Im banking on common sense prevailing. 90% of liberals and 25% of conservatives (pick whatever numbers you want, its a general point im making) wont vote for trump in the general. Its the same reason the democrats circled the wagons last presidential election when the fracture was going to result in Bernie winning the nomination who would have gotten throttled in the general.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

They interest me only so far as I’m trying to decide if I’m in a bubble or those who post here are.

When the only people I hear taking about Desantis live in Florida, work for Fox or the National Review, or are suburban Republicans living in the bluest states, that makes me curious where reality lies.

My reality is I know 20 desertunners to every Druff or Daly, while hoping they’re right. I simply don’t think they are.

Be the first one to admit i may the one who is off as i live in florida. My feelings on how Ron was going to do in this past election and how florida was turning bright red was spot on.

Im banking on common sense prevailing. 90% of liberals and 25% of conservatives (pick whatever numbers you want, its a general point im making) wont vote for trump in the general. Its the same reason the democrats circled the wagons last presidential election when the fracture was going to result in Bernie winning the nomination who would have gotten throttled in the general.
    Just as abortion was overlooked @ the midterms so too was Gen Z & Millenial turnout - obv Democratic. That Florida skews older is beyond obvious. The young weasels got legal around 2018 and we saw how that has been working out

DeSantis is viewed nationally as Trump rev 2 so we will see. Obv Trump and DeSantis will hammer their differences head to head. See how effective Ronald is. It’s early days. I have some other ideas for candidates. Not filled with good vibes at this point

Gold
    Load Metric
    Fuck Desantis, he froze and went missing during the worst days of the pandemic.
    We're a racist country until we elect a 100% black president.
    Name:  k2f8620895-kanye-2024-for-president--charcoal-ecch-garment.jpg
Views: 411
Size:  123.3 KB
    You heard it here first/

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Deal View Post
    At some point the Dems will leak DeSantis involvement in torture at gitmo. Maybe it will help him, Americans are strange that way. Ron is basically John McCain on foreign policy, planted firmly in Israel's back pocket. Is good domestic policy enough?
    Guantanamo Bay Cuba

Cuba so makes sense also then as a Florida Governor which has a very big Cuban Population and then also ties to Cuba, here he would understand that all. Including the Military sides of it, and from personal experience too apparently. Florida and Cuba are very Closely knit in ways so important the Governor of Florida also understands and knows this all. And he does so my own thinking on him as a Registered Independent is he does appeal enough to the Middle as Donald Trump did in 2016. To get some of them undecided voters who are more in the Middle, especially in Swing States. And the undecideds may like some of his more Trump esque' policies if they lean right, and left ones could find reason to like him too. He appeals to a lot of the Voter Base id think now so imo he does check many of the necessary boxes voters would be thinking too probably. Most candidates will and do just what are you looking for. Florida is the most important Swing State in the United States on election day and Ron DeSantis has Florida.

Load Metric
    Under Florida law one cannot be the Governor and a presidential candidate at the same time. Did Floridians re-elect DeSantis just to see him resign a year later? Will DeSantis take the calculated risk?
    POKER FAG ALERT! FOR BLOW JOB SEE SLOPPY JOE THE TRANNIE HO.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
    Under Florida law one cannot be the Governor and a presidential candidate at the same time. Did Floridians re-elect DeSantis just to see him resign a year later? Will DeSantis take the calculated risk?
    Looks like this issue will be taken care of.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/1...l-run-00070538

“ TALLAHASSEE, Fla. — Florida’s top Republican leaders say they are willing to change state law to smooth the way for Gov. Ron DeSantis to run for president in 2024.”

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by The Boz View Post

“ TALLAHASSEE, Fla. — Florida’s top Republican leaders say they are willing to change state law to smooth the way for Gov. Ron DeSantis to run for president in 2024.”
    The big question, will MAGA republicans go along with it?

Comments

The Boz: Gov Ron usually gets what he wants with the State Legislation, so I would say yes.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by PROUDBOY MAGA 2024 View Post

So all of a sudden MAGA's aren't MAGA's? Because DeSantis says so? You guys better guess again.

Load Metric
    We all know where Trump stands on ALL the issues. Does anyone know where DeSantis stands on ALL the issues. I mean ALL the issues, not just a few. DeSantis is still an unknown quantity. I'm voting for policy not personality. I know ALL of Trump's policies. I don't know where DeSantis stands on everything.

For instance, I know Trump will reverse Keystone, ANWR and Dakota Access on his first day in office. I have no clue what DeSantis will do.
    Last edited by mickeycrimm; 11-27-2022 at 12:50 PM.

Load Metric
    We all know where Trump stands on ALL the issues. Does anyone know where DeSantis stands on ALL the issues. I mean ALL the issues, not just a few. DeSantis is still an unknown quantity. I'm voting for policy not personality. I know ALL of Trump's policies. I don't know where DeSantis stands on everything.

For instance, I know Trump will reverse Keystone, ANWR and Dakota Access on his first day in office. I have no clue what DeSantis will do.
    The question to me is who can WIN the general election. I’ll withhold my choice until we get closer and we see what the field on both sides looks like. Living in Florida I feel my primary vote might actually matter in 24 compared to living in PA with a May primary where the winner was already known and most, if not all, candidates already dropped out or suspended their campaigns.

Listening to the loony libs on the Sunday shows today, it’s obvious at this point they fear Ron over Trump. I do believe the media will take it easier on Trump early in the campaign if they feel he is the best candidate for them to face.

But I agree we already know exactly what Trump believes in and will do if elected.

Load Metric

The question to me is who can WIN the general election. I’ll withhold my choice until we get closer and we see what the field on both sides looks like. Living in Florida I feel my primary vote might actually matter in 24 compared to living in PA with a May primary where the winner was already known and most, if not all, candidates already dropped out or suspended their campaigns.

Listening to the loony libs on the Sunday shows today, it’s obvious at this point they fear Ron over Trump. I do believe the media will take it easier on Trump early in the campaign if they feel he is the best candidate for them to face.

But I agree we already know exactly what Trump believes in and will do if elected.
    A neocon winning is not a win. It's a loss for conservatives.

Comments

Sanlmar: Mickey gets medal for bravery here

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cleatus View Post

Name:  
Views: 
Size:

Show one piece of proof to substantiate your 1st sentence. Like a DNC spreadsheet with expenses and income, or a DNC paid account's tax return with income sources listed. Or make fake documents. Or make it all up.
    As if twitter is a trusted source for the truth. Especially in current twitter turmoil when many are trying to out spoof Elon.

How great does it feel to believe you're a thought leader for most conservatives?
    Wait a minute... are you saying that you don't believe there are paid party activists sent to post viral content on social media?

Because there definitely are. Lots of things on the internet aren't what they seem. You know that.
    no, he said show some proof, motherfucker

Load Metric

A neocon winning is not a win. It's a loss for conservatives.
    The neocon problem that is hard to get past. Despite Trumps massive flaws you knew the score in foreign policy. You can argue much of our distress are the current Binden neocon sins

During Ron’s time in congress he voted for every defense appropriation bill and would have voted for more if he didn’t have such a short ass term.

Voted for HR3364 Countering America's Adversaries Through Sanctions Act …. Think Binden here.

Yuge CIA and intelligence support in contrast to Trump.

Most egregious is a state Governor yammering on about regime change in Cuba and Venezuela just to name a few. He’s frigging John Bolton.

Which is to say DeSantis is Rubio I suppose. Same height too which seems like a CIA thing, No?

The red flag for a PFA member is Druff’s support of DeSantis.

Comments

Entropy: Exactly, Rubio too!
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 11-28-2022 at 08:06 AM.

Load Metric
    The dinner at Mar-a-Lago was a setup. Neocon republicans like Bitch McConnell couldn't pounce fast enough, calling Trump an anti semite and thus not qualified to be president.

Trump's daughter is a jewish convert. His grandchildren are Jewish. He moved the American Embassy into Jerusalem. He pulled us out of the Iran Nuclear Weapons deal that would have guaranteed that Iran gets the bomb. The Israeli's loved him for striking such a blow to their mortal enemy.

The Obama/Biden deal with Iran would have guaranteed they get the bomb. And they gave Iran billions in cash to fund more terrorism. Do you call that pro Jewish? The Democrats in Congress give anti semites seats on congressional committee's. Do you call that pro Jewish?

Neocons want to replace Trump with DeSantis for 2024.. But Trump has a very large hammer. If Trump gets knocked off in the primaries he may then decide to run in the general election as an independent. That would guarantee that he nor DeSantis will win in 2024. It would guarantee a Dem victory.

Would Trump do it? The man has been unmercifully persecuted by leftists and neocons alike for 6 long years, it will be 8 years by the election. I think he expects it from the left....but the betrayal by neocons just might piss him off enough to do it.

We'll see who DeSantis really is when the special interest money starts pouring in. Most likely a neocon will be born.

Last edited by mickeycrimm; 12-07-2022 at 06:45 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Entropy View Post
    Fuck Desantis, he froze and went missing during the worst days of the pandemic.
    We're a racist country until we elect a 100% black president.
    Name:  k2f8620895-kanye-2024-for-president--charcoal-ecch-garment.jpg
Views: 411
Size:  123.3 KB
    You heard it here first/
    Uhh Im assuming your trolling/joking right??

Name:  obama2016.gif
Views: 203
Size:  3.58 MB

Load Metric
    DiSantis is surging in the polls. And he met with "possible donors for a presidential run" this week. "Possible donors" is code for corporate lobbyists. The money from those corporate lobbyists will transform DiSantis from MAGA to Corporate Puppet Neocon.

Thread Information