Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Health concerns....liver

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Health concerns....liver

Strange conditions noticed lately.......head off to local witch doctor.
    No can do. Canada not so much
    Sent to Missouri doc.
    Bad news. Liver on last legs. Worse news, bill from Missouri doc.

Could be worse.

Comments

Kuntmissioner: Red is for your liver, for fucking with you

NaturalBornHustler: let it kill you so the world and this forum will be a better place

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Can you explain what is going on?

Are you on any sort of liver transplant list?

Is this going to change your alcohol consumption going forward?

What are your ALT/AST levels from your most recent blood test?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Can you explain what is going on?

Are you on any sort of liver transplant list?

Is this going to change your alcohol consumption going forward?

What are your ALT/AST levels from your most recent blood test?
    Understand, I hate doctor visits. However, excessive itchiness and an uber sensitive stomach took me there.

I'm borderline.
    Advice. Continue at your own peril

Comments

Kuntmissioner: that ice wine so tasty tho

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    What are the AST/ALT levels?

The itchiness level is troublesome. That's often a big sign of liver issues.

Believe it or not, les, despite my lack of alcohol consumption, I have my own potential liver problems perhaps on the horizon. Except my case is strange because, while I seem to have fatty liver (known as NAFLD), I have none of the typical symptoms, and my ALT/AST levels are both good. In fact, on my last blood test 2 weeks ago, my ALT/AST levels were better than they've been in over 10 years, and nowhere near elevated. There are ton of drugs on the horizon to treat NAFLD, but they keep getting stuck in third-phase trials and never getting out. Sad!

But back to you. If you tell me the ALT/AST levels, I can give you my opinion, as a non-doctor who has studied some info on livers because of my own potential problems down the line.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Not shocked, not overly worried and will be laying low.
    Adios muchachos, at least for a while

Comments

JoeD: Get healthy

Load Metric
    Time for you to channel your inner Gloria Gaynor.
    En boca cerrada, no entran moscas

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    Sent to Missouri doc.

Could be worse.
    As if you couldnt figure out this would be the outcome with your severe alcoholism Leslie.. Explains a lot of things including your rantings and ravings on posts sometimes. I believe liver issues can fuck up your brain because toxins build up in your blood. Had a friend who ended up having to get a liver transplant and wasnt even a drinker. You sir are fucked given your history and its Canadas socialized medicine you might as well start finalizing that will and testament now.

Comments

Kuntmissioner: nice offering

Load Metric
    Not shocked, not overly worried and will be laying low.
    Adios muchachos, at least for a while
    Godspeed, eh?

Load Metric
    get well limitles

Load Metric
    Actually bilirubin is best to determine severity. Problems with brain are a result of accumulation of ammonia as liver cannot remove properly. The treatment for high ammonia is lactulose which binds it in the gi tract and out the pooper it goes. Lactulose is a powerful laxative and many liver people don’t like constant diarrhea. When ascites occurs, the belly fluid accumulation is tapped. Problem with that is it takes alot of protein out of the system and needs to be done again and again, slowing wasting muscle mass.

Les, I pray for you. I pray you will pray for the One who will walk with you in your trials. Ask and you shall receive.

Godspeed.

Red reps are reminiscent of nwp. Difference then vs now is we are all aged and anything can happen at anytime.

Druff you are killing me ffs. Fatty liver is from poor diet and obesity. The cure is there……you just have to want it and quit looking for pills to fix the body shit lifestyle. They only add more problems. Ugh so sad for Ben the way you think.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Thoughts and prayers limitles

Platinum
    Load Metric
    My 20 year old son has fatty liver and he is rail thin, his diet at college must be terrible.

He has been lectured on less sugar.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Fatty liver is more complicated than splitthis is making it out to be.

Yse, lifestyle is a lot of the cause of it, but there are also hereditary factors, and then there's the weight loss oddity. If you are overweight and lose 10% of your weight slowly (no more than 3 pounds per week), your fatty liver situation can rapidly improve. However, if you lose weight rapidly, fatty liver can actually GET WORSE. I believe the latter is what happened to me.

A number of diseases and conditions can increase the risk of fatty liver disease. These include obesity, high blood cholesterol, and type 2 diabetes. Other risk factors include malnutrition and rapid weight loss. Certain medications, such as corticosteroids, and exposure to some toxins and chemicals also may contribute to fatty liver disease.

Although no specific treatment exists, weight loss can improve and possibly even reverse fatty liver disease to some degree. Shedding excess pounds through diet and exercise or with the help of weight-loss (bariatric) surgery can prevent additional liver damage when inflammation and scarring is already present. However, any weight loss should be gradual — no more than a few pounds a week — because losing weight too quickly can actually worsen fatty liver disease.
    https://newsnetwork.mayoclinic.org/d...liver-disease/

I had a CT scan in 2014, after breaking three ribs and there being a concern that my spleen was ruptured (it wasn't), and fatty liver was not seen.

In 2018, another CT revealed fatty liver.

So what happened in those 4 years?

Most notably, due to the physically-caused severe anxiety/depression I had in August/September 2018, I dropped 32 pounds involuntarily in 5 weeks -- an average of almost 7 pounds per week. This was about 15% of my body weight at the time (which is far different than a person who is 350 pounds dropping 32 quickly.) Some days 2 pounds were falling off in 24 hours. This intense weight loss was mostly due to a highly elevated metabolism in response to the severe anxiety -- a phenomenon which seems to hit males a lot more often than females.

Right after that, fatty liver was seen on a CT. I also developed an abdominal pain consistent with fatty liver right after the weight loss -- and it never went away. (However, as I mentioned before, I have none of the other fatty liver symptoms, and my ALT/AST numbers are great.) I should also note that I've never had high cholesterol, and my last blood test a few weeks ago revealed a total cholesterol of 142, which is really good for someone 50 years old.

In short, it was probably the rapid weight loss which either caused it or worsened it. Sad!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Few will enjoy this post.

My liver and I are alive and well. For me, this is a
    Hiroshima like levelling and well overdue.

You idiots believe whatever you read including 8th tier forum fodder.

Too easy, check yourselves and your high school diplomas

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Fatty liver is more complicated than splitthis is making it out to be.

Yse, lifestyle is a lot of the cause of it, but there are also hereditary factors, and then there's the weight loss oddity. If you are overweight and lose 10% of your weight slowly (no more than 3 pounds per week), your fatty liver situation can rapidly improve. However, if you lose weight rapidly, fatty liver can actually GET WORSE. I believe the latter is what happened to me.

A number of diseases and conditions can increase the risk of fatty liver disease. These include obesity, high blood cholesterol, and type 2 diabetes. Other risk factors include malnutrition and rapid weight loss. Certain medications, such as corticosteroids, and exposure to some toxins and chemicals also may contribute to fatty liver disease.

Although no specific treatment exists, weight loss can improve and possibly even reverse fatty liver disease to some degree. Shedding excess pounds through diet and exercise or with the help of weight-loss (bariatric) surgery can prevent additional liver damage when inflammation and scarring is already present. However, any weight loss should be gradual — no more than a few pounds a week — because losing weight too quickly can actually worsen fatty liver disease.
    https://newsnetwork.mayoclinic.org/d...liver-disease/

I had a CT scan in 2014, after breaking three ribs and there being a concern that my spleen was ruptured (it wasn't), and fatty liver was not seen.

In 2018, another CT revealed fatty liver.

So what happened in those 4 years?

Most notably, due to the physically-caused severe anxiety/depression I had in August/September 2018, I dropped 32 pounds involuntarily in 5 weeks -- an average of almost 7 pounds per week. This was about 15% of my body weight at the time (which is far different than a person who is 350 pounds dropping 32 quickly.) Some days 2 pounds were falling off in 24 hours. This intense weight loss was mostly due to a highly elevated metabolism in response to the severe anxiety -- a phenomenon which seems to hit males a lot more often than females.

Right after that, fatty liver was seen on a CT. I also developed an abdominal pain consistent with fatty liver right after the weight loss -- and it never went away. (However, as I mentioned before, I have none of the other fatty liver symptoms, and my ALT/AST numbers are great.) I should also note that I've never had high cholesterol, and my last blood test a few weeks ago revealed a total cholesterol of 142, which is really good for someone 50 years old.

In short, it was probably the rapid weight loss which either caused it or worsened it. Sad!
    Regarding the "experts" chiming in. Liver problems are no joke and I apologize for anyone dealing with this problem.

I must point out many health conditions are lifestyle choices and conditions we all encounter.

I am a die hard runner. Not so fast these days, but still. No better therapy. No fast food except for a personal Popeyes/ KFC challenge earlier this year.

Yes, I like my beer, to a fault. Guilty.
    Nothing said here or there will change my ways.

Recent photo

Name:  1C3FBEF0-F856-4E2D-80CF-CB191C13A7B5.jpeg
Views: 274
Size:  480.2 KB

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryback_feed_me_more View Post
    Sent to Missouri doc.

Could be worse.
    As if you couldnt figure out this would be the outcome with your severe alcoholism Leslie.. Explains a lot of things including your rantings and ravings on posts sometimes. I believe liver issues can fuck up your brain because toxins build up in your blood. Had a friend who ended up having to get a liver transplant and wasnt even a drinker. You sir are fucked given your history and its Canadas socialized medicine you might as well start finalizing that will and testament now.
    This is "the fool" I wanted to draw out. A simple trap. The feral moron walks right into it.
    Anyone with a brain needs no lesson. The simpleton may not recognize the message.
    That's life.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Not focused on Ryan. I accept all the negativity towards my presence and realize the drinking theme was part of any response.

Likewise, anyone jumping on the alcoholic high horse, would be easy Pickens for a thread like this.

People love to be validated. Candy to a baby

This is not a smart group.

Load Metric
    YOUR'E A PATHETIC MISERABLE PERSON !!

Silver
    Load Metric
    Stop drinking so much you fucking fool

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ok25 View Post
    Stop drinking so much you fucking fool
    You're right. Just vomited blood, first time ever. Wondering if prayer will help

Thread Information