Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: The weird Indiana murder case of Liberty German and Abigail Williams

  1. #1
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    8685
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    49,970
    Blog Entries
    2
    Load Metric
    28932253

    The weird Indiana murder case of Liberty German and Abigail Williams

    Abigail Williams, 13, and Liberty German, 14, were a pair of friends in Indiana who went on a hike in 2017. The hike was near the historic Monon High Bridge in Delphi, Indiana, on February 13, 2017.

    German had been taking pictures of the hike and her friend Abigail. She was supposed to meet her father at 3:15pm that day, and did not show up. She last posted a picture to Snapchat at 2:07pm, so the murder likely took place in that hour window.

    For unknown reasons, German took a video of a man approaching her on the Monon High Bridge around that time, possibly because he was scaring her in some way. Police recovered that video from the Snapchat servers, but it is grainy, and the sound is somewhat garbled. They distributed this image of the man thought to likely be responsible for the murders:



    They also released audio of the man saying something sounding like "Guys, down the hill", in an effort to get someone to recognize his voice.


    For over five years, various leads turned up, but none really panned out. One of the most notable ones suspects was child kidnapper and rapist James Brian Chadwell II, who kidnapped a 9-year-old in April 2021, locked her in his basement, sexually assaulted her, and beat her badly when she fought back. The girl survived, but supposedly has major injuries from which she may never recover (not to mention the psychological ones). Chadwell has always been a really awful and violent guy, and should have still been locked away, but unfortunately he was free. Heavy.com did a very complete profile of Chadwell, who is an evil and deranged individual.

    Chadwell, 42, was sentenced last year to 90 years in prison for the kidnapping and attempted murder of the 9-year-old, and will likely not be released during his lifetime.




    There's no doubt that Chadwell is an awful dude, but did he kill the two girls? He lived 20 miles away from Delphi at the time of the murders, but there's no evidence tying him to those murders. However, a creepy link was found in one of his tattoos. Chadwell had tattoos of crying girls on his body. One of them looked a lot like the picture of Liberty German which was distributed after her disappearance:



    Is it possible that he killed German and was essentially commemorating the crying girl in her last moments via a tattoo? Is it possible that he was simply fascinated with the murders and got this tattoo despite not having to do with them? And is it possible this is just a coincidence, as some people have claimed that they saw Chadwell with this tattoo before the girls vanished? It's hard to say.



    Inside Edition later attempted to analyze the audio of the "Guys, down the hill" video, and compare it to James Chadwell's voice. The results were inconclusive.





    However, Chadwell wasn't the only major suspect in the investigation...

  2. #2
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    8685
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    49,970
    Blog Entries
    2
    Load Metric
    28932253
    In March 2022, some information came out which made it seem like they had their man -- and it wasn't James Chadwell.

    Kegan Kline had been arrested in 2020 on child pornography charges. Kline was a fat, slovenly dude in his early 20s at the time (now 27), who created a fake account on social media named "anthony_shots". As you might expect, the unattractive Kline used the picture of a handsome young guy, while also claiming to be extremely wealthy and owning a lot of sports cars.

    Here is the real Kegan Kline:




    Here are the fake pictures he used on the anthony_shots account:




    The actual man in those anthony_shots pictures is a male model, and had nothing to do with any of this. Presumably Kline just found his pictures online somewhere, and felt they would be appealing to young girls.

    You see, Kline is a pedophile.

    It was found in 2020 that the anthony_shots account was one of the last ones to have communicated with Liberty German. The account was also found telling another person after the murders were made public that he had a planned meeting with Liberty German the same day she disappeared, but she "never showed up". There is no proof that Kline was in Delphi, 40 miles away from his home, on the day of the murder. There is also no proof that he had actually planned to meet her that day -- only that he said it to another user on that app, after the murders had already occurred and were publicized.

    When Kline's home was searched, five devices were found, full of child pornography and nudes of underage girls he had obtained via the anthony_shots accounts. He has been in jail since 2020.

    Also, another incident occurred in Indiana involving Kline in February 2017. A 14-year-old girl gave her address to anthony_shots that month, and then reported seeing a man in a ski mask peering through her window days later. This was reported to police at the time, but nothing came of it in 2017. It was linked later when the anthony_shots account became one of interest in the murders.

    Unlike Chadwell, Kline does not have a criminal history.

    In August 2020, Kline denied having anything to do with the murders, and insisted that he only used the anthony_shots account to get pictures, but not meet anyone in person. He also claimed that he gave access to the account to "multiple people", including his father who had a criminal history.

    Still, it's highly suspicious that he was communicating with Liberty German right before she vanished, clearly had pedophiliac interests, and had told another user that he was trying to meet Liberty German the day she was killed.

    Here's an article about Kline, including a jailhouse interview a journalist had with him: https://davebangert.substack.com/p/i..._shots-creator

    Convinced he's the right suspect?

    Not so fast...

     
    Comments
      
      FRANKRIZZO: confirmed chum did it

  3. #3
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    8685
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    49,970
    Blog Entries
    2
    Load Metric
    28932253
    There were two composite drawings of the suspect in the murders.

    One was of a middle-aged man wearing a hat similar to the man Liberty German photographed on the bridge, who had facial hair. The other was of a younger, clean-shaven man with no hat. They were extremely different from one another, and almost surely two different men:




    Police eventually settled upon the younger one, insisting that he was seen milling around the area in a suspicious fashion that day. They claimed the older man was a "secondary" composite, but that people should focus upon the younger one.

    Some people on the internet pointed out that James Chadwell has some resemblance to the first picture, especially if you put the same hat on him and draw in the same facial hair.

    Kegan Kline does not resemble either, though it's possible that he might have looked a bit like the younger one if he were clean shaven and a different hairstyle at the time of the murder.



    However, now there's a third major suspect, and in fact he's been arrested for the murder. Chadwell and Kline, arrested for other crimes, have never been arrested for any involvement in these murders. However, a 50-year-old man named Richard Allen was just arrested for the murder of the two girls.




    Allen worked at CVS, and those who know him said that he's nondescript and they wouldn't have suspected anything odd about him.

    It is not clear what links him to the murders, or if he perhaps had access to the anthony_shots account as well. Kegan Kline has never admitted he talked to Liberty German, and has stuck to the claim that multiple people used the account. It is not impossible to believe that the account would have been shared, as pedo communities do share things like this, but it's not all that likely he would have shared it with a fellow pedo nearby. Usually these are small pedo networks of people worldwide, and it's unusual for two members to be fairly close by to one another, especially in sparely-populated areas.


    The police estimate the killer to be about 5'7", given the appearance of his body in the video German took. It is not clear if Richard Allen is around 5'7".

    It is assumed that "Guys, down the hill" was the killer telling the girls to come down the hill with him, where he presumably murdered them. The girls were found close by, with their bodies left "in posed fashion". Since this was a popular trail, it's also not clear why German was recording the approaching man. It would not be notable or unusual for a middle-aged man to be walking on the popularly-visited bridge in the afternoon, so this almost seems like it was a planned meetup of some sort. Perhaps she started recording when the man who showed up was much older or different looking than he appeared online, as it's likely they wouldn't have knowingly met someone much older than them.


  4. #4
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    8685
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    49,970
    Blog Entries
    2
    Load Metric
    28932253
    This guy claims (in a video 10 months ago) that Abigail's mother was shown the extended video, and a lot more was seen than the little clip released to the public.




    He says that the guy on the bridge had a gun, quickly approached the girls, and Abigail said, "He has a gun". Then the guy said to Abigail, "Hey", Abigail responded, "Mm", and then he pulled out the gun and said, "Guys, down the hill."

    He also says that the girls were dropped off on the trail by Abigail's older sister, to take a short hike, and then meet her dad about 90 minutes later. This makes it less likely that the girls were going there to meet someone, and more that they were just stalked after they were dropped off. It is possible that Liberty German started the video out of fear of the man who seemed to be quickly approaching behind them.

  5. #5
    Gold JimmyG_415's Avatar
    Reputation
    -56
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,450
    Load Metric
    28932253
    Look at Druff,
    Getting away from the RW propaganda and into the True Crime genre?
    Some of those people are cleaning up $$$ wise.

    They've all been following this case.

    "This makes it less likely that the girls were going there to meet someone, and more that they were just stalked after they were dropped off"

    Huh, I've seen 4-5 videos on this, they all said they thought they were meeting the guy in your 2nd post. (The guy that looks like a model).
    I'm not saying you are wrong, but why do you think that makes it less likely? If they had a set time to meet, its fits right it.

    Whomever did it is a sick MF that needs to be off the streets for life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    This guy claims (in a video 10 months ago) that Abigail's mother was shown the extended video, and a lot more was seen than the little clip released to the public.




    He says that the guy on the bridge had a gun, quickly approached the girls, and Abigail said, "He has a gun". Then the guy said to Abigail, "Hey", Abigail responded, "Mm", and then he pulled out the gun and said, "Guys, down the hill."

    He also says that the girls were dropped off on the trail by Abigail's older sister, to take a short hike, and then meet her dad about 90 minutes later. This makes it less likely that the girls were going there to meet someone, and more that they were just stalked after they were dropped off. It is possible that Liberty German started the video out of fear of the man who seemed to be quickly approaching behind them.
    San Francisco crowned the ‘world’s best’ city to live: survey
    https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/...o-live-survey/

  6. #6
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    8685
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    49,970
    Blog Entries
    2
    Load Metric
    28932253
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyG_415 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    He also says that the girls were dropped off on the trail by Abigail's older sister, to take a short hike, and then meet her dad about 90 minutes later. This makes it less likely that the girls were going there to meet someone, and more that they were just stalked after they were dropped off. It is possible that Liberty German started the video out of fear of the man who seemed to be quickly approaching behind them.
    Look at Druff,
    Getting away from the RW propaganda and into the True Crime genre?
    Some of those people are cleaning up $$$ wise.

    They've all been following this case.

    "This makes it less likely that the girls were going there to meet someone, and more that they were just stalked after they were dropped off"

    Huh, I've seen 4-5 videos on this, they all said they thought they were meeting the guy in your 2nd post. (The guy that looks like a model).
    I'm not saying you are wrong, but why do you think that makes it less likely? If they had a set time to meet, its fits right it.

    Whomever did it is a sick MF that needs to be off the streets for life.
    At the time I wrote it, I figured the girls wouldn't have involved the sister dropping them off if they were secretly meeting some dude from online. But maybe they just lied to her about the reason for the hike.

    The police had a press conference today about the arrest of Richard Allen, but they revealed nothing interesting. The only piece of useful info was that Allen will be charged with double murder, so he wasn't just arrested as an accessory or something. But they won't give any details about how the girls died, what evidence they have against Allen, and if there are any other suspects.

    Upon thinking about this further, unless the info about the anthony_shots account talking about setting up a meeting with Liberty is incorrect, I think it's way too much of a coincidence that the murders had nothing to do with that, especially because anthony_shots supposedly set up the meeting for the same day they were murdered!

    However, it's also hard to believe that police would have arrested Richard Allen -- who had no known prior connection to the early 2017 case -- without some pretty strong evidence.

    I'm really now leaning toward the belief that Kegan Kilne was telling the truth about sharing the account. Maybe he posted the username and password of anthony_shots to some kind of pedo community in exchange for something else (other accounts, videos, etc), and Richard Allen was in that community. Maybe Richard noticed that he lived close to one of the girls being talked to (Liberty German), and then used the account to arrange to meet her. Perhaps after the murder, he realized that this could be used to link both the account and him to the murder, so he told someone that she "never showed up" as a cover.

    Liberty making a video of the approaching man would make a lot more sense if they had planned to meet someone. Remember, this was a popular trail, and seeing a middle-aged man strolling on the bridge at 2pm wouldn't be something to worry about. However, if they thought they were meeting the handsome young man in the pictures, and instead it appears a middle aged creep is on the way to the meeting spot, I could see where she'd have been worried and started the camera.

    Note that Kegan Kline's child porn trial has been delayed for a month due to "negotiations" taking place. Right after the negotiations started, in September 2022, authorities suddenly started doing intense searches, both in the Wabash River and at Kline's grandparents' home. Now the trial is going ahead.

    It would not make sense for Kline to offer information implicating himself in the murders when not even charged yet, in order to get a lighter sentence for a child porn situation. It would only make sense if his information would help authorities convict someone else -- such as a person sharing his account.

    Given the timing of everything (Allen arrested shortly after Kline "negotiated" with authorities), I have to think that there's a decent chance Kilne gave enough info about his account sharing to where they looked more into who accessed the anthony_shots account, and came up with Richard Allen.

  7. #7
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    8685
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    49,970
    Blog Entries
    2
    Load Metric
    28932253
    BUMP

    There was a request to unseal the documents related to the arrest of Richard Allen, and the judge is still deciding. A decision was expected yesterday, but it wasn't rendered.

    Here's the story: https://www.wthr.com/article/news/cr...5-dcfbd8b65983

    Most notable from the hearing was the prosecutors' assertion that they believe there's a good possibility that Richard Allen "didn't act alone". They claimed the documents needed to remain sealed for that reason, as the investigation continues.

    Allen's defense attorney, who saw the sealed documents but can't reveal what's in them, said he was unimpressed with the level of evidence in the probable cause affidavit. He said the evidence was "flimsy" and "you expect more than what I saw" regarding the quality/amount of evidence one would think they'd have on Allen to have arrested and charged him.

    This whole thing is starting to look like a mess. Much like the murders of Kylen Schulte and Crystal Turner in Moab, UT, which only got attention because of the incorrectly assumed connection to the high profile Gabby Petito murder, it looks like a matter of small town police not having the experience to properly investigate a tough murder case.

    It is absolutely bizarre that they have not charged Kegan Kline with the murder, given that his phony "anthony_shots" account had arranged to meet Liberty German on the bridge at the exact time that she was murdered. Unless there's an extreme coincidence here (Kline never intended to show up, and an unrelated stranger murdered the girls in broad daylight), obviously Kline has to be connected to the murders in some way.

    So either Kline did it, his dad did it (his dad has a violent history, and sometimes used Kline's phone), or Kline gave his account to someone who did it. As I said before, it's possible Kline shared his password with people in a pedo ring, or perhaps mentioned that meetup he set up, and now is trying to negotiate how to tell police this without getting in further trouble. Remember, Kline is already being charged with some pretty serious child porn crimes, unrelated to all of this. However, police have had him in custody for over 2 years, and this should have been worked out by now. Have they even checked the IP history of accesses to anthony_shots? While it's possible those logs were lost/destroyed because of how much time passed, it looks like they just haven't done enough digging from that angle.

    There's supposedly suspicion of Kline's father, but the problem is that both men are taller than the guy in the video, who is estimated to be about 5'7".

    I'm wondering if the arrest of Allen is because of some stupid hearsay regarding someone claiming he talked about killing the girls, with no real evidence linking him to it. It just doesn't make sense that he was on that bridge waiting for them in broad daylight, if he didn't have any connection to Kline and his plans to meet Liberty in that same place at that same time.

    It's possible that they are keeping it sealed because Kline is playing with them regarding giving the full story. I wonder if Kline has been telling them that he'll only give up the real goods if they dismiss the child porn charges against him, and they don't want to do that, so they're stalling.

    Very odd.

  8. #8
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    8685
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    49,970
    Blog Entries
    2
    Load Metric
    28932253
    BUMP

    Prosecutors were trying to withhold the release of the probable cause statement, but today a judge released it anyway, only redacting a few names.

    Cliffs: Richard Allen looks guilty as fuck.

    - Allen admitted to having hiked the trail between 1:30pm and 3:30pm that day, and going to the bridge

    - The video of the perpetrator on Liberty's phone showed him telling the girls at 2:13pm "Guys, down the hill", shortly after one of the girls remarked to the other that he had a gun. The girls started going down the hill and the video ended. They were found dead a little bit of distance from there, indeed down the hill from the bridge.

    - Richard Allen was questioned shortly after the girls' disappearance, and admitted to police that he wore clothing similar to what was pictured in the video. I'm guessing he didn't realize at the time that they had the killer on video.

    - Richard Allen is below average height for an adult male, and stocky. The man in the video also appears short and stocky, and other witnesses who passed him on the trail described him that way, as well.

    - An unspent bullet from a gun was found on the ground near the two bodies. They had seized a firearm from Allen's home in 2022. The marks on that bullet matched the markings of other unspent bullets in that same gun. Allen could not explain how the bullet got there. He said he bought the gun in 2001 and nobody else had access to it.

    - Allen's explanations for his whereabouts after 2:14pm don't add up. He was not seen on the trails he claimed to be hiking at and after the time of the murders, but was seen beforehand on the way to the bridge by multiple people.

    - The same man from the bridge was seen "muddy and bloody" walking down a road at around 3pm, toward where Allen's car was parked.



    I'd say that's pretty strong.

    While Allen was not publicly named as a suspect until his arrest, they apparently had him as a suspect dating all the way back to days after the murder. It's not clear why it took almost 6 years to arrest him, and what changed in October 2022.

    The probable cause document also mentioned that witnesses showed Allen walking somewhere as if he had a destination, rather than just aimlessly wandering. I believe police are still trying to put together how he knew the girls would be there, and if anyone else (such as that Kegan guy) was involved in setting it up. Kegan and his dad are both too tall to be the man on the bridge.


    Here is the document: https://fox59.com/wp-content/uploads...hard-Allen.pdf

  9. #9
    Diamond BCR's Avatar
    Reputation
    1870
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    6,365
    Load Metric
    28932253
    Never heard of the case. Probably have right guy. My gut impression from video and the guy’s gait was someone our age. Not a young man. 42 year old was possible and he walked similar in jail transport video, but this dude sounds dead guilty or unlucky as hell.

  10. #10
    Gold
    Reputation
    256
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    1,192
    Load Metric
    28932253
    So Kline made up the story about planning to meet the girl the same day because he's a sick pervert? It's far too coincidental if he's not actually the one who did it, no?

  11. #11
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    8685
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    49,970
    Blog Entries
    2
    Load Metric
    28932253
    Quote Originally Posted by country978 View Post
    So Kline made up the story about planning to meet the girl the same day because he's a sick pervert? It's far too coincidental if he's not actually the one who did it, no?
    It's very bizarre. The whole thing with Kline, the anthony_shots account, and the girls has never been totally clear. There are some who believe that Kline never actually talked to Libby, but that they just suggested it to him that he did, to see if he'd own up to it. However, there's also the reports that the account actually said that it attempted to meet Libby that day and she didn't show up, so I don't know how they would have been so specific if Kline (or someone on the account) never typed that.

    Notable is that they suddenly searched Allen's place right after Kline offered to "make a deal" and his trial for the kiddie porn was delayed. Suddenly they searched a bunch of stuff, including places related to both Kline and Allen, and the arrest occurred.

    I am still going with the theory that Kline shared the account with Allen at some point, who arranged the meetup or saw that Kline had arranged it, found out Kline wasn't planning to show up, and went himself.

     
    Comments
      
      country978: no sympathy for kline either way

  12. #12
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    8685
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    49,970
    Blog Entries
    2
    Load Metric
    28932253
    Here's something else weird:

    If they knew in 2017 that Richard Allen had on the same outfit as the guy in the video, and his stature matched the guy as well, and that he was at the trail/bridge at the same time as the girls, why the fuck did it take them almost 6 years to arrest him?

    Incompetence?

  13. #13
    Diamond Sloppy Joe's Avatar
    Reputation
    915
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,487
    Load Metric
    28932253
    Have actually hiked this trail when I was in undergrad at DePauw University in Indiana and dated a girl from Delphi.

    Her parents often left on weekend gambling excursions which meant heavy rail time away from campus.

    From what I recall the area was pretty trafficked and accessible; Indiana winters could be cold as fuck but looks like culprit wasn't bundled up on that day.

    On a side note, I've never visited the deep south states that rank last in everything but Indiana is easily the shittiest state I've ever been to. Just blah with the most boring big city imaginable.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

  14. #14
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    8685
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    49,970
    Blog Entries
    2
    Load Metric
    28932253
    This case just gets weirder.

    It turns out that a clerical error by the FBI may have been responsible for the nearly 6-year delay in arresting Allen. People have wondered why he wasn't a suspect until October 2022, when it seems that police should have had him as a major suspect all along.

    In February 2017, right after the girls vanished:

    - Richard Allen voluntarily met with a "Conservation Officer" (similar to a park ranger) to state that he was there on the trail when the girls disappeared, and wanted to see if he could help.

    - Despite not being the type of officer who typically investigates this type of crime, the guy did a pretty good job interviewing Allen. He found out what Allen was wearing that day, what time he was on the trail, and where he hiked.

    - Allen admitted to having worn clothes incredibly similar to that of the killer on video (blue jeans and a dark blue jacket), was on the trail from 1:30-3:30pm (the girls were abducted at 2:14pm), and was indeed on the bridge where the incident occurred. He said he saw "3 younger girls" while on the trail, but had no interaction with them. He claimed he was on the bridge "to watch the fish", which is a weird explanation. At this point, Allen was unaware the killer had been recorded by Libby. The killer on the tape also has a similar height and build to Allen.

    - The Conservation Officer then submitted the report of the interview to the FBI. A civilian FBI employee then mis-entered the data, and it was lost for almost 6 years. It was somehow unearthed recently, and that's supposedly what led to Allen's home being searched and him being arrested.


    Amazingly, Allen had not thrown away the gun which had an unspent round found near the girls. It is theorized that Allen didn't kill the girls with the gun (their cause of death wasn't ever stated, but it's unlikely he would have fired the gun in the middle of the day like that), and didn't realize that bullet had dropped. The bullet probably fell out when he was racking the gun to share the girls. It's also possible that he later realized a bullet had dropped, but didn't realize it could be matched to his gun because it wasn't fired.

    The FBI denies that they mishandled the info, but they put out a statement that doesn't directly refute the report, but instead claims that they "followed the correct procedures". They are not denying that it was entered in early 2017 and labeled in a way to where it couldn't be easily found. What a fail.

  15. #15
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    8685
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    49,970
    Blog Entries
    2
    Load Metric
    28932253
    His attorneys put out a pretty good statement in his defense. While I still think he was guilty (too many things are lining up for it to be him -- the clothing, the time he was there, the bullet, the height/weight similarity), the attorneys do raise some good points, and this might be a hard conviction to win:

    As Richard (Rick) Allen’s attorneys, we have received multiple requests from local and national media for interviews and comment since the unsealing of the probable cause affidavit. It would be virtually impossible to comply with these requests and continue to focus on the merits of Rick’s defense. Therefore, we offer up these thoughts:

    We do not want to try this case in the media and we intend to adhere to the Indiana Rules of Professional Conduct that provide guidance on pretrial publicity. However, the police and prosecutor’s office have conducted many press conferences over the five-plus years of this investigation and following our client’s arrest. On the other hand, Rick’s ability to assert his innocence has been reduced to only one short, post-hearing press conference. Accordingly, we feel it appropriate, necessary, and within the bounds of our rules of professional conduct to make a few comments concerning the probable cause affidavit and Rick’s innocence.

    Rick is a 50-year-old man who has never been arrested nor accused of any crime in his entire life. He is innocent and completely confused as to why he has been charged with these crimes.

    The police did not contact Rick after Libby German and Abby Williams went missing, rather Rick contacted the police and voluntarily discussed being on the trail that day. Like many people in Delphi, Rick wanted to help any way he could. Rick contacted the police to let them know that he had walked on the trail that day, as he often did. Without Rick coming forward, the police probably would not have had any way of knowing that he was on the trail that day.

    Rick volunteered to meet with a Conservation Officer outside of the local grocery store to offer up details of his trip to the trail on the day in question. Rick tried to assist with the investigation and told the police that he did recall seeing three younger girls on the trail that day. His contact with the girls was brief and of little significance. Rick does not recall if this interaction with the Conservation Officer was tape-recorded but believes that the Conservation Officer scribbled notes on a notepad as Rick spoke to him.

    After Rick shared his information with law enforcement officials, he went back to his job at the local CVS and didn’t hear from the police for more than 5 years.

    The next time Rick heard from the police was in October, 2022. This was approximately two weeks before a contested Sheriff’s election and within days of a federal lawsuit filed against the Carroll County Sheriff’s Office by its former second in command, Michael Thomas.

    In the lawsuit, Thomas claims that he (Thomas) “had made suggestions and offered assistance in the investigation of a high-profile child homicide investigation” but those suggestions and offers were rejected by the Sheriff. Thomas further claimed that the Sheriff and others in the department feared the disagreements with Thomas would become publicized as a result of the political campaign for Sheriff.

    Thomas claims in the suit that he was ultimately demoted and replaced by Tony Liggett, who later that year won the 2022 election for Sheriff. Furthermore, Thomas claims he was also removed from high profile cases.

    Rick was ultimately arrested on or about October 28, 2022.

    In the 5+ years since Rick volunteered to provide information to the police, Rick did not get rid of his vehicle or his guns and did not throw out his clothing. He did not alter his appearance; he did not relocate himself to another community. He did what any innocent man would do and continued with his normal routine.

    The probable cause affidavit seems to suggest that a single magic bullet is proof of Rick’s guilt. It is a bit premature to engage in any detailed discussions regarding the veracity of this evidence until more discovery is received, but it is safe to say that the discipline of tool-mark identification (ballistics) is anything but a science. The entire discipline has been under attack in courtrooms across this country as being unreliable and lacking any scientific validity. We anticipate a vigorous legal and factual challenge to any claims by the prosecution as to the reliability of its conclusions concerning the single magic bullet.

    On Rick’s behalf, we argued to have the PCA unsealed. Rick has nothing to hide. As importantly, we were hoping that we would receive tips that would assist us in proving up his innocence. Not surprisingly, we have been inundated with tips from a variety of sources, all of which will be vetted by our team. Although it is the burden of the prosecutor to prove Rick’s guilt beyond a reasonable doubt, the defense team looks forward to conducting its own investigation concerning Rick’s innocence. We appreciate those that have reached out to support his cause.

    The prosecutor mentioned, at the last hearing, his belief that others may have been involved in the killing, yet there was no mention in the PCA about a second suspect involved in the killing. The defense is confused by such discrepancies in the investigation and will be in a better position to respond as more discovery is received.

    Rick Allen owned a Ford Focus in February of 2017. His Ford Focus is not, in any way, similar to the distinctive look of the PT Cruiser or Smart Car that was described by the witnesses. It seems that the CCSD is trying to bend facts to fit their narrative.

    At this point in time, we have received very limited information about this case and look forward to having something more to view than that which was offered up in the sparse PCA.

    Moving forward, it is our intent to scrutinize the discovery, as it is received, and give the necessary attention to the volumes of tips that we are receiving. To the extent we continue to discover information that points to Rick’s innocence, we will offer up this information to the public, so long as we are not prohibited from doing so as a result of the recent request by the Prosecutor for a gag order or by the Indiana Rules of Professional Conduct.

    It is interesting that Allen voluntarily went to that Conservation Officer and stated he was on the trail. It's also interesting that he didn't dump his gun after all these years, especially after the massive publicity of the case made it clear the murders would be aggressively investigated.

    However, Allen's actions make sense. He might have feared that he would have been identified as having been there (such as his vehicle being seen on camera), so he perhaps figured that if he came forward in a cooperative fashion, it would make him look innocent. At the time, he didn't know there was video of the killer, so he figured that coming up with an innocent-sounding story would be good enough. Since he didn't use the gun to commit the murders, he felt he had no reason to throw it away, and in fact would look suspicious if he did.

    Additionally, it has been pointed out that Allen went to a Conservation Officer rather than the police or FBI. Some think this was an intentional move, as he could claim he went to "law enforcement" to help out, but purposely went to the type of officer least likely to be experienced in investigating these matters.

    The problem is that this case hinges upon this bullet being proven to be from his gun. If they can't prove that (and apparently unspent round identification is an inexact science), then they are fucked. Allen simply being on the trail, dressing similar to the killer, and being of similar height and weight, isn't enough. His outfit wasn't unique (it's believable that other men could have been wearing a dark blue jacket and jeans on the trail that day), and there easily could have been other men on the trail whose body types resembled his. I don't think the voice on the video is clear enough to match with Allen's.

    So his attorneys will attack the bullet identification as unreliable, and will say that everything else is just coincidental that another man with a similar build and clothing happened to have been on this popular trail at the same time as him.

    By the way, he told the Conservation Officer that he was "checking stocks" on his phone a lot while walking the trail. That was an odd thing to say, because why would someone think to volunteer why they were looking at their phone during a hike? Some theorize that this might have been a cover story in case he was seen frequently on his phone, which could have been him messaging an accomplice (Keegan Kline?) his status. The girls were "posed" after being murdered, and there is some suspicion that the killer was part of a pedo ring, who killed the girls in premeditated fashion, with the plan to show others in the ring their posed dead bodies. It is possible that Keggan Kilne arranged the meeting with Libby when he communicated with her on a chat app, and then sent Richard Allen to do the dirty work and take pictures of it. If this is true, it would make sense why Keegan hasn't offered up Allen, because it would incriminate himself in something far worse than just the child porn stuff. But there really has to be some connection here to the whole thing with Kline.

  16. #16
    Gold Jayjami's Avatar
    Reputation
    716
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    South Lake Tahoe, CA
    Posts
    2,432
    Load Metric
    28932253
    The best thing he has going for him is that he is white. It’s Indiana. If he was black, 100% he’d get the chair.

  17. #17
    Gold
    Reputation
    256
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    1,192
    Load Metric
    28932253
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post
    The best thing he has going for him is that he is white. It’s Indiana. If he was black, 100% he’d get the chair.
    I don't think the race matters in this instance. White or black, there were children hurt. A jury won't let him walk if the evidence doesn't support it.

  18. #18
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    8685
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    49,970
    Blog Entries
    2
    Load Metric
    28932253
    That Keegan Kline pedo might be the key to securing a conviction here.

    Be aware that the Probable Cause document doesn't have to reveal everything -- just enough to justify the arrest and/or search. They can hold back the other stuff until later, so the suspect doesn't know for sure what they do or don't have on him.

    It is possible that there's a lot more coming, but if there isn't, this might be a tough one to get a conviction.

    However, if Kline gives him up (or already has), and demonstrates that he either gave Allen the anthony_shots account or told him about the planned meetup on the bridge, then Allen is probably fucked. Right now there's still a huge missing piece, in that it's unclear how he knew the girls would be on the bridge at that time. It does seem like the killer (whether it was Allen or not) was NOT just grabbing randoms, as the guy passed several teen girls and showed zero interest in them, instead walking "with purpose" to the bridge.

  19. #19
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    8685
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    49,970
    Blog Entries
    2
    Load Metric
    28932253
    Highly likely Kline is tied into all of this.

    5 of the 30 child porn charges against him were quietly dropped on November 7: https://www.wrtv.com/news/local-news...st-kegan-kline

    Keegan also failed a lie detector test regarding his knowledge of the murders. The younger man shown in the composite drawings could possibly match Kline, especially if you take out his facial hair.



    Also, there's another dude who may have been involved, but he will never be brought to justice because he's dead. Ron Logan, who lived near the murder scene, died of COVID in January 2022. However, a lot of suspicious shit has been found involving his potential connection to the crimes:

    - He asked a family member to lie about his whereabouts during the day of the murder, instructing them to say he was at an aquarium store from 2-2:30pm, which was exactly when the murders took place. He actually went to the store around 5:30pm, according to a receipt.

    - His cell phone showed a signal near the bridge on the afternoon of the murders.

    - At 8pm on the day of the murders, his cell phone showed he was somewhere near the murder scene, and not in his home.

    - He had a similar height and build to the guy on the bridge.


    However, authorities conceded that his voice did not match the "Guys, down the hill" recording, so the dude on the bridge probably wasn't him.


    My belief now is that Keegan Kline, Richard Allen, and Ron Logan were all involved here. I am guessing Kline met Allen online, through some kind of pedo group, and bonded when they learned they lived fairly close to one another. I'm guessing Allen and Logan already knew each other in some way, as Delphi is a small town. Kline created the social media account (anthony_shots), which set up the meeting with Libby and Abby. Allen then showed up to meet the girls, presumably with Kline's knowledge (and possibly he was there as well), with the plan to force them "down the hill", to where they would be brought to Logan's property, and sexually assaulted. I always wondered how the murderer expected to get away with what he was doing, if it were occurring out in the open near a popular trail. It would make sense if he planned to meet them at the bridge, force them at gunpoint to Logan's property ("down the hill"), and then rape them there. Something probably went wrong (maybe the girls tried to scream or run away), and this resulted in them being murdered by Allen and/or Logan. They dragged the bodies off Logan's property and "staged" them 1400 feet away, and perhaps sent a picture of Kline. I'm guessing they decided it was safer to simply drag the bodies off property than try to drive them somewhere, and then leave forensic evidence behind in the car.

    There are just too many coincidences here.

    Keegan Kline's account asked Libby to meet him on the bridge on February 13, and she was murdered by coincidence there, totally unrelated to him? No chance.

    Richard Allen, who admitted to being on the scene at the time of the murders, also admitted to wearing the same clothes as the bridge guy, AND a bullet from his gun was found next to the girls? Obviously no coincidence.

    Ron Logan told a family member to lie about his whereabouts from 2-2:30pm, BEFORE police questioned him? Yeah, again that's not a coincidence.



    I also don't believe the story that they just happened to decide to take a look at the case again "from the beginning" and found the 2017 files on Allen. I do believe the interview with him was lost for almost 6 years, but I think that they took a look from the beginning because Kline gave him up, but perhaps never knew Allen's full name. Maybe Kline just remembered him as "Richard", and gave him up in exchange for some kind of leniency in both that case and this one, and they went through the files to see if they could find any Richard they interviewed, and then found this bombshell from 2017 which they somehow missed.

    It's gotta be something like that.

  20. #20
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    8685
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    49,970
    Blog Entries
    2
    Load Metric
    28932253
    My guess above looks like it is going to be very close to correct.

    Except apparently Kegan Kline didn't meet Richard Allen online. According to public records, they lived on the same street (W 2nd Street) in Peru, Indiana. Allen moved out of Peru and into Delphi in 2006, when Kline was a teenager, but it's possible that Allen knew Kline through Kline's father, and the two kept in touch over the years. Peru is 40 miles from Delphi, so otherwise that would be a pretty big coincidence that they once lived on the same street.

    According to a Daily Mail article which basically says a lot of what I theorized in the last post, police believe that Kline knew Allen "from when they both lived in Peru, IN", and that they both knew third suspect Ron Logan as well.

    The article claims that Kegan set up the meetup with Libby, via the anthony_shots catfish account, and then Allen's part was to kidnap the girls, bring them "down the hill" to Logan's place, where they would be raped and perhaps held in some kind of pedo sex slavery. However, apparently something went wrong (perhaps one or both girls tried to run away?), and it resulted in Allen stabbing both of them to death. The article claims that one of the girls was "raped and stabbed to death", and the other was stabbed in the neck so many times that she was nearly decapitated. It was also said that the girls lost "a lot of blood", and that it was highly likely the killer would have been full of blood after the deed.

    Recall the witness stating that they saw Allen walking down the road at 4pm on the day of the murder, looking "muddy and bloody".

    The girls were stripped naked, posed against a nearby tree, and two articles of clothing were taken by the killer as a souvenir.

    Supposedly cat hair was found on the scene, and they dug up Allen's now-dead cat in October 2022 in order to match the hair, and found a match.

    Authorities believe that neither Logan nor Kline met with the girls when they were alive, but obviously had a lot to hide because they were part of the planned kidnapping which turned into murder. It is now assumed that Kline finally gave up Allen in October, which led to the break in the case, in exchange for lighter prosecution in this situation and the dropping of some of the unrelated child porn charges against him. Kline was likely holding back all this time because he was afraid he would incriminate himself and be charged with murder.

    Here's the Daily Mail article: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-sex-ring.html


    I think the theories above are pretty close to what happened.

    Logan unfortunately won't be facing justice because he died of COVID in January 2022.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-30-2022, 02:29 AM
  2. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-31-2022, 04:51 PM
  3. Replies: 49
    Last Post: 07-15-2021, 05:32 PM
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-20-2020, 07:46 PM
  5. 16 years later, new info given on JonBenet Ramsey murder case
    By Dan Druff in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 03-06-2015, 11:21 PM