Thread: Who let the dogs out?? Nick Howard claims he ate dog food when broke in 2012

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Who let the dogs out?? Nick Howard claims he ate dog food when broke in 2012

Nick Howard is some sort of mindset coach who purports to get small stakes players successful enough to move up to bigger games, and win there as well. He claims he stakes these players once he sees they are ready.

Some people criticize his tweets as being too hokey or full of psychobabble.

The one getting the most attention recently was his claim that he ate dog food when broke in 2012.

https://twitter.com/nickhowardpoker/status/1582230159830110208

Today, after some people criticized him for eating dog food when a cheaper human option such as top ramen was available, he backpedaled a bit:

https://twitter.com/nickhowardpoker/status/1582870688062324736

Incidentally, this same criticism was levied upon an infamous episode of "Good Times", where a nice elderly lady upstairs was eating cans of dog food because of being poor, despite (again) cheaper human food being available:

Do you think Nick Howard really ate dog food? I call bullshit.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    In his defense, his Hendonmob does show that, despite having results dating back to 2009, he didn't play at all in 2012, and he was playing $185 Rio daily deepstacks in 2013, rather than WSOP bracelet events.

https://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/pla...p?a=r&n=121971

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Dude is clearly a werewolf

Gold
    Load Metric
    This story is up there with the story of the guy who was in charge of pokerstars after the Scheinbergs used to sleep on park benches. The one who luckboxed the insider trading trial.
    I've noticed that these silver spooners all have some sob story to cover up the fact that they earned nothing, and everything was gifted to them or stolen or both.

Load Metric
    This reminds me of the old Rockford Files episode with Victor Jory as a retired FBI agent who was still consumed by the one organized crime boss he hadn't been able to nail. The crime boss was also retired and had gone into business with Rockford's father running a truck stop. Jory spent all his time and money trying to get this guy, to the point that there was one scene where he was looking out of a room that he rented by the truck stop with a pair of binoculars and was eating a can of dog food with a spoon.

I have anecdotal evidence that dog food may not be that bad. I worked in a supermarket all through high school during the mid 60's. Once a week the market would bring in an outside crew to wax the floors. The manager would sell a big box of cans without labels or dented cans for a dollar or two to the crew. One of my coworkers/jerkoff would always make sure that there was at least one can of dog food in that box without a label. The cans without labels usually had magic marker identification so you would know if it was peas or beets or whatever. He would write Beef Stew on the dog food cans. The crew never complained about the Beef Stew so maybe heated dog food may taste like low quality beef stew to guys who made the same $1.50 an hour that I did but had families to support.

Thread Information