Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** 2022 Midterm Election Thread

Load Metric
    Time for some Realpolitik. In American federal politics, goal of the party out of power is to position themselves to retake the presidency in two years, hopefully by taking control of Congress and frustrating the President’s agenda. Then, when nothing gets done, it’s up to the voters to decide whose fault it is. While the GOP will likely take the House, the election was an absolute disaster for them. Why? They unseated very few incumbents. Most of their gains were due to resdistricting. The power of incumbency cannot be undervalued.

There is one exception, and it proves that the GOP can be successful: New York. Why? Simple. Violent crime is a real issue that actually affects voters there (in most of suburban America it isn’t), and none of them came out in favor of incest babies (abortion is safe in NY). Plus, in the interviews I saw, the candidates seemed competent.

What can we look forward to? Two years of Kevin McCarthy obsessing over Hunter Biden’s laptop and no meaningful legislation. This will actually be good for stabilizing the markets. In 2024? Trump v. Biden again. Trump will get 30% of the primary vote. If several candidates run against him, he’s a lock. If they all drop out and get behind DeSantis, that another story. After these mid-terms Biden is definitely running. He thinks he’s doing a good job lol.

My preference? DeSantis v. Newsome. As a Cali Dem, I know what a weasel Gavin is, but at least the country would have a clear choice.

Comments

country978: ron and gavin would be a major improvement over uncle joe and trump

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post
    Time for some Realpolitik. In American federal politics, goal of the party out of power is to position themselves to retake the presidency in two years, hopefully by taking control of Congress and frustrating the President’s agenda. Then, when nothing gets done, it’s up to the voters to decide whose fault it is. While the GOP will likely take the House, the election was an absolute disaster for them. Why? They unseated very few incumbents. Most of their gains were due to resdistricting. The power of incumbency cannot be undervalued.

There is one exception, and it proves that the GOP can be successful: New York. Why? Simple. Violent crime is a real issue that actually affects voters there (in most of suburban America it isn’t), and none of them came out in favor of incest babies (abortion is safe in NY). Plus, in the interviews I saw, the candidates seemed competent.

What can we look forward to? Two years of Kevin McCarthy obsessing over Hunter Biden’s laptop and no meaningful legislation. This will actually be good for stabilizing the markets. In 2024? Trump v. Biden again. Trump will get 30% of the primary vote. If several candidates run against him, he’s a lock. If they all drop out and get behind DeSantis, that another story. After these mid-terms Biden is definitely running. He thinks he’s doing a good job lol.

My preference? DeSantis v. Newsome. As a Cali Dem, I know what a weasel Gavin is, but at least the country would have a clear choice.
    and the choice is desantis right?

Comments

country978: mos def

Jayjami: I’m going to keep an open mind and see what happens

Load Metric
    I had always taken you somewhat seriously until know. Newsome? A Cali Democrat? I can’t even imagine how this is possible.

Can’t imagine living in Cali either but I gave you some latitude there

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    I had always taken you somewhat seriously until know. Newsome? A Cali Democrat? I can’t even imagine how this is possible.

A lot of people didn’t give that Republican actor from Cali a snowball’s chance in hell either. We’ll see. I’m not even saying I’d vote for Newsome. As John Lennon said: “We’d all love to see the plan.” But like I said, it’s probably gonna be Team Alzheimer’s v. Team Retard.

Load Metric

maybe the problem is your imagination tho.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

A lot of people didn’t give that Republican actor from Cali a snowball’s chance in hell either. We’ll see. I’m not even saying I’d vote for Newsome. As John Lennon said: “We’d all love to see the plan.” But like I said, it’s probably gonna be Team Alzheimer’s v. Team Retard.
    Reagan was a huge favourite . Aside from trump there haven’t been any presidential upsets betting wise n the last 70 years…

Load Metric
    Name:  F4249B57-AC5B-4E8E-AEC1-9D109E755A77.jpeg
Views: 291
Size:  46.9 KB

Name:  CD1E0915-8AFB-4536-97AB-DC113D332A71.jpeg
Views: 286
Size:  15.0 KB

Load Metric

Comments

JimmyG_415: Good times
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    I said it the night Roe was over turned, all the GOP had to do was rock the DEM's to sleep, by not over turning Roe the 1st chance.
    That red wave wouldn't be the trickle it turned out to be.
    I don't get why Trump is getting blamed and not Samuel Alito,

& If you look his 'Roe is gone & DEM's let me rub this in your face' letter he attached; he committed perjury to get on the court.
    San Francisco crowned the ‘world’s best’ city to live: survey
    https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/...o-live-survey/

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBornHustler View Post
    Florida gonna be a gigantic beatdown in favor of DeSantis.

Concerned about AZ and NH Senate races though, especially NH.

OR governor race looking questionable also, but we'll see...

If Kari Lake wins by 10-12 you really think Masters will lose? No chance. NH is a different story, almost only race where they have blue in the lead. And that is a blue state at it's core.

But look at these polls from today......I mean it doesn't get any better than this.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
    The heart beat begins at about 6 weeks, killer. When a late term baby is aborted they sell the body parts to laboratories.
    Really? Cuz I was always told that they were given to Satanic cults for use in their rituals. Thx for the info.

Load Metric
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Platinum
    Load Metric

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Texter View Post

The funny thing is this is going to be 2016 all over again. Dems pushing Trump against seemingly more daunting challengers, but if successful and he emerged, trouble as Biden is still incredibly weak and unpopular.

I have watched the Trump die hards around here.I’ve been surprised at how many instantly flipped to Desantis after mid term rejection of everything Trump, but it’s still 60/40 Trump if I had to hazard a guess.

The thing is I know these people and they love the show. If Trump starts pounding on Desantis and is effective, looks stronger, they’ll flip back. I’d be preparing for a slew of short jokes if I were Desantis and how to respond to the constant mockery Trump will deliver. Appear strong and laugh it off and he’ll be fine. He’s not Ted Cruz, so I think he may have it in him, but it’s going to get bloody. For GOP, you can sustain losing a good portion of your new Trump base and probably still do better by traditional conservatives and crossover Dems who would vote for Ron, but never Donald.

It’s like a big boxing match where you don’t know what it’s going to look until you see it. Trump coming out trying for an early KO with insults and haymakers once it gets serious and Desantis trying to get through first few rounds and win the fight in the end on the judges card.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Unfortunate. I knew Trump was probably going to announce he was running on November 15, so this isn't a surprise, but still disappointing.

Trump is played out. I'm not so much talking about his status with conservatives, which perhaps he can regain among some of them. I'm talking about his status with independents and moderates. They don't like him. They voted him out of office in record numbers in 2020. This last election cycle proved that people will elect an incoherent braindead person (see Fetterman, John) over a candidate with a ton of baggage.

It's Desantis' time. I'm sure his people are already planning upon how to properly respond to Trump's attacks. They won't be blindsided like the 2016 Republican field. Who thought Jeb Bush would be brought down by being called "low energy", and Marco Rubio's hopes would be dashed by a suicide attack by Chris Christie?

Taking on Trump will be a lot tougher than beating a nincompoop like Charlie Crist, but I think Desantis will be up to the task.

Load Metric
    Unfortunate. I knew Trump was probably going to announce he was running on November 15, so this isn't a surprise, but still disappointing.

Trump is played out. I'm not so much talking about his status with conservatives, which perhaps he can regain among some of them. I'm talking about his status with independents and moderates. They don't like him. They voted him out of office in record numbers in 2020. This last election cycle proved that people will elect an incoherent braindead person (see Fetterman, John) over a candidate with a ton of baggage.

It's Desantis' time. I'm sure his people are already planning upon how to properly respond to Trump's attacks. They won't be blindsided like the 2016 Republican field. Who thought Jeb Bush would be brought down by being called "low energy", and Marco Rubio's hopes would be dashed by a suicide attack by Chris Christie?

Taking on Trump will be a lot tougher than beating a nincompoop like Charlie Crist, but I think Desantis will be up to the task.
    If DeSantis does win, do you think Trump gets behind the nomination, or claims election fraud and discourages Team Retard from voting in the general election? Hint: it’s a rhetorical question Druff.

Comments

devidee: Team retard? Have you tried listening to the current POTUS?

Load Metric

Clearly have learned what issues matter to independents and moderates by now.

PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    [QUOTE=JimmyG_415;1062089]Marjorie Taylor Greene tweet to Liz Cheney:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    POKER FAG ALERT! FOR BLOW JOB SEE SLOPPY JOE THE TRANNIE HO.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
    The heart beat begins at about 6 weeks, killer. When a late term baby is aborted they sell the body parts to laboratories.
    Really? Cuz I was always told that they were given to Satanic cults for use in their rituals. Thx for the info.
    Read all about selling baby body parts:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...L4Lypty-zuRHzh

https://www.centerformedicalprogress...ssue-donation/

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...0pgvcFcW-PvDC-

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...x_9Kv9SXG4d7iI
    POKER FAG ALERT! FOR BLOW JOB SEE SLOPPY JOE THE TRANNIE HO.

Thread Information