Thread: Big Boxing Weekend

Load Metric

Big Boxing Weekend

Martinez/Chavez Jr, Canelo/Lopez, and loads of others.

In a hurry (u5 soccer game, imagine my excitement), just throwing a couple of bets out there.

Playing Martinez straight (-200). Feel like he does everything better than Chavez. Just needs to overcome the size. However, Jr came in at 158, and looked like hell. Like Sergio here. Probably going to play Jr in rounds 7-12 (+671) for a small bet, just to cover my ass in the event that he walks Martinez down and stops him late. No robbing Martinez on the cards, please.

My plan was to play Canelo inside the distance, but -320 is too much. Waiting around for a 7-12 round prop. Lopez has a lot of heart, but I don't think he can overcome the size and strength of Canelo. Weigh in pictures clearly showed that this is nowhere near his comfortable weight. Looked really soft. I think his corner will have seen enough, and stop the fight somewhere in rounds 8-10.

Might put in a few more later.

Load Metric
    Hey man, what's up? Gonna be an exciting night, eh? What do you mean Chavez looked like hell at the weigh-in? You mean he looked drawn and emaciated or something? I thought it was a very good sign for him that he made weight so easy. It's an indication that he's trained hard, no? Anyway, I really have no idea about whether your Martinez bet is a good one - it probably will be, but I'm going with my gut and taking Chavez by late stoppage. Martinez is the smart pick, but I just have a feeling. It's been a while since I was as confused about who was gonna win a major fight as I am on this one. My other picks:

- Martinez dec. Beltran
    - Rigo KO Marro
    - Macklin dec. Alcine (not sure about this - have a feeling Alcine at least does well)
    - Mike Lee beats piece of shit

The Alvarez undercard is so much stronger than the above, eh? I think Canelo will stop Lopez and:

- I'm taking De Leon over Gonzalez, though it's mostly a guess. Guaranteed to be hellacious obv. Did you hear about the $100K bonus GB is offering for the guy who scores the best KO? (I'm sure you did.)
    - Maidana should be able to decision Soto Karass, but this is a dangerous fight for him. The way he looked last fight, it seems any fight at this weight is dangerous for him.
    - Santa Cruz (who I like) dominates Morel

Also, Hernandez decisions Ross. Did you see how fucking sick Matthysse looked last weekend? You'd have to consider him the favorite against anyone at 140 now, right? You think Danny Garcia is gonna want some of that? Nope. Also, Andre Ward is good at boxing.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by HEX View Post
    Hey man, what's up? Gonna be an exciting night, eh? What do you mean Chavez looked like hell at the weigh-in? You mean he looked drawn and emaciated or something? I thought it was a very good sign for him that he made weight so easy. It's an indication that he's trained hard, no? Anyway, I really have no idea about whether your Martinez bet is a good one - it probably will be, but I'm going with my gut and taking Chavez by late stoppage. Martinez is the smart pick, but I just have a feeling. It's been a while since I was as confused about who was gonna win a major fight as I am on this one. My other picks:

- Martinez dec. Beltran
    - Rigo KO Marro
    - Macklin dec. Alcine (not sure about this - have a feeling Alcine at least does well)
    - Mike Lee beats piece of shit

The Alvarez undercard is so much stronger than the above, eh? I think Canelo will stop Lopez and:

- I'm taking De Leon over Gonzalez, though it's mostly a guess. Guaranteed to be hellacious obv. Did you hear about the $100K bonus GB is offering for the guy who scores the best KO? (I'm sure you did.)
    - Maidana should be able to decision Soto Karass, but this is a dangerous fight for him. The way he looked last fight, it seems any fight at this weight is dangerous for him.
    - Santa Cruz (who I like) dominates Morel

Also, Hernandez decisions Ross. Did you see how fucking sick Matthysse looked last weekend? You'd have to consider him the favorite against anyone at 140 now, right? You think Danny Garcia is gonna want some of that? Nope. Also, Andre Ward is good at boxing.
    Chavez just looked a little dry. I expected him to come in right on the limit, no lower. Maybe over trained, or my I'm just over thinking it, lol.

I like that De Leon pick. I'm thinking of putting a little down on him. He's like +240 or so.

Like the OVER 7.5 rounds in Maidana/Soto Karass. Maidana is just so damn easy to hit. Anyone with above average power, and decent boxing skill is going to give Maidana a rough go of it.

Matthysse is a fucking beast, man. Definitely the favorite over anyone at 140. You could clearly argue that the guy is "truly" undefeated. Khan has called him out. Could very well be the end of Khan.

When you consider that Ward hasn't lost, since he was like 12 in the AM's, then consider how long it could be until he loses again....man, we could witness something really special.

Heading to the track to lose money on the ponies, then back for boxing.

Have fun tonight, man.

Load Metric
    It's a shame that people are gonna treat the Martinez-Chavez fight as anything other than what it was - total domination by Martinez. Now we'll see a rematch for sure. The 12th is guaranteed round of the year, however.

We got two FOY candidates in Martinez-Beltran (decision could have gone either way) and especially Maidana - Soto-Karass. What a great fight that was. Maidana needs to fight at 140. Otherwise he's gonna get crushed soon.

No one will ever voluntarily fight Rigondeaux.

I told you Alcine would make it a good fight.

I was right about De Leon, but he didn't really deserve the decision. Was a disappointing fight.

Leo Santa Cruz is gonna be hard to beat.

Was a fun night. You won your Martinez bet (but you were glad you made a small bet on Chavez in the 12th) and you won your Maidana bet, right? Or did it have to get to the end of the 8th?

Thread Information