Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: The Daily Show has a chance of being funny again

  1. #1
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    8453
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    49,017
    Blog Entries
    2
    Load Metric
    23996345

    The Daily Show has a chance of being funny again

    Trevor Noah is leaving. Guy was absolutely never funny on there, despite a team of highly paid writers. The show turned into complete shit after Jon Stewart left.

    https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/29/enter...how/index.html


    It's not clear why he's leaving. He said his "time is up" there. I wonder if they soft-fired him, but gave him the out to say it was his decision to leave.

     
    Comments
      
      splitthis: Blm……

  2. #2
    Silver
    Reputation
    65
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Posts
    623
    Load Metric
    23996345
    There are so many big names who owe everything to their writers. Bill Burr and Joey Diaz are about the only two people I can think of who are funny af with no script.
    I'm glad Noah's leaving, he absolutely sucked.

  3. #3
    Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Reputation
    881
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Halifax
    Posts
    5,764
    Load Metric
    23996345
    Noah was here last weeekend. Didnt go. SFO.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chaps' 2017-18 NFL $$ Thread

  4. #4
    Diamond Tellafriend's Avatar
    Reputation
    1054
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    5,568
    Load Metric
    23996345
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Trevor Noah is leaving. Guy was absolutely never funny on there, despite a team of highly paid writers. The show turned into complete shit after Jon Stewart left.

    https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/29/enter...how/index.html


    It's not clear why he's leaving. He said his "time is up" there. I wonder if they soft-fired him, but gave him the out to say it was his decision to leave.

    daily mail said he left b/c daily viewers were down to 366k from 1.5m. he sucked.
    he tries to fly under the radar with his gay big words - Big Bird

  5. #5
    Platinum ftpjesus's Avatar
    Reputation
    515
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Mesa AZ
    Posts
    3,612
    Load Metric
    23996345
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Trevor Noah is leaving. Guy was absolutely never funny on there, despite a team of highly paid writers. The show turned into complete shit after Jon Stewart left.

    https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/29/enter...how/index.html


    It's not clear why he's leaving. He said his "time is up" there. I wonder if they soft-fired him, but gave him the out to say it was his decision to leave.
    Its gotta be eating the left wing Hollywood and media types that Gutfeld on Foxnews is beating them in the ratings on late night.

  6. #6
    Platinum
    Reputation
    345
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    3,966
    Load Metric
    23996345
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Trevor Noah is leaving. Guy was absolutely never funny on there, despite a team of highly paid writers. The show turned into complete shit after Jon Stewart left.

    https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/29/enter...how/index.html


    It's not clear why he's leaving. He said his "time is up" there. I wonder if they soft-fired him, but gave him the out to say it was his decision to leave.
    And you think they are going to replace him with a...conservative? Or even a moderate??? LOL.

    The next one will be a full on communist, although Noah was basically that anyway.

    They don't care about ratings, or a good show, they want to make a political statement and nothing more.

     
    Comments
      
      devidee: Dude in a dress incoming.

  7. #7
    Platinum
    Reputation
    315
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,631
    Load Metric
    23996345
    They already gave Samantha B the boot.

    Show was terrible.

  8. #8
    Bronze Buck Nasty's Avatar
    Reputation
    73
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    272
    Load Metric
    23996345
    Time to bring back Craig Kilborn.

  9. #9
    Canadrunk limitles's Avatar
    Reputation
    1631
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    In Todd's head
    Posts
    16,133
    Load Metric
    23996345
    Druff, someone who considers Steven Crowder to be a comedian.

     
    Comments
      
      splitthis: Libtard
      
      ok25: Crowder is a grifting fuckhead but of course you need to deflect. Limited brain capacity. Keep wearing your helmet at all times you dunce
    unbounded
    Never Forget



  10. #10
    Silver
    Reputation
    127
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    600
    Load Metric
    23996345
    Most south africans are insufferable but this guy took the ball and ran with it like no other.

    Joke thief and political pawn

    Hope he gets caught up in some annual civil unrest back at home and transforms into a better version of himself

    A lifeless corpse

  11. #11
    Gold JeffDime's Avatar
    Reputation
    1230
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Brick City, USA
    Posts
    2,200
    Load Metric
    23996345

  12. #12
    Platinum
    Reputation
    985
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    4,127
    Load Metric
    23996345
    Now, I've watched 0.0 episodes with this guy, as well as my wife.

    Over the years, we've occasionally had the misfortune of being caught having to watch the Daily Show commercials with this clown making his truly unfunny jokes. We just suddenly look at each other and just comment and sigh.

    Now, show commercials are supposed to draw you in to want to tune in and watch the program, right? So you would normally have at least a couple of cuts of some of your best material...right?

    I've never once heard him say a single thing that was even remotely funny on the commercials.

    I can only imagine how bad the actual episodes were.

  13. #13
    All Sorts of Sports gut's Avatar
    Reputation
    640
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    4,134
    Load Metric
    23996345
    I follow a fair amount of comedian podcasts. Never once have I heard Trevor Noah's name mentioned. I've heard shout-outs given to hack comedians that i never thought these people would give credit to (Larry the Cable Guy and etc) but never a peep on Noah.

    Pretty much tells you all you need to know there. Guy has no respect in the comic community.

  14. #14
    Silver
    Reputation
    127
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    600
    Load Metric
    23996345
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    I follow a fair amount of comedian podcasts. Never once have I heard Trevor Noah's name mentioned. I've heard shout-outs given to hack comedians that i never thought these people would give credit to (Larry the Cable Guy and etc) but never a peep on Noah.

    Pretty much tells you all you need to know there. Guy has no respect in the comic community.
    Yup.

  15. #15

  16. #16
    Silver VaughnP's Avatar
    Reputation
    100
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    690
    Load Metric
    23996345
    He will probably end up on some new sports/comedy mashup show with Bomani Jones.

  17. #17
    100% Organic MumblesBadly's Avatar
    Reputation
    87
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    In the many threads of this forum
    Posts
    9,248
    Load Metric
    23996345
    I thought Druff said that “liberal comedy shows” never make fun of Dems?
    _____________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

  18. #18
    100% Organic MumblesBadly's Avatar
    Reputation
    87
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    In the many threads of this forum
    Posts
    9,248
    Load Metric
    23996345
    Okay. When the full demographic analysis comes out about why Trevor Noah’s viewership is so much lower than Jon Stewarts, it’ll probably be revealed that Trevor lost a huge number of Jewish voters. Well, because he’s not Jewish. And how many sell-respecting Jews are gonna want to watch a schwartze do comedy???
    _____________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

  19. #19
    100% Organic MumblesBadly's Avatar
    Reputation
    87
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    In the many threads of this forum
    Posts
    9,248
    Load Metric
    23996345
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    Okay. When the full demographic analysis comes out about why Trevor Noah’s viewership is so much lower than Jon Stewarts, it’ll probably be revealed that Trevor lost a huge number of Jewish voters. Well, because he’s not Jewish. And how many sell-respecting Jews are gonna want to watch a schwartze do comedy???
    Well, maybe THIS Schwartz[e].

    _____________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Bill Daily donkdown
    By FRANKRIZZO in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-08-2018, 08:11 PM
  2. daily rituals
    By LarryLaffer in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 12-24-2016, 01:04 PM
  3. Best daily tournaments in Vegas
    By Starbucks Spunk Bucket in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-07-2016, 06:42 PM
  4. Daily Fantasy MMA is here!
    By Reno in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-24-2014, 11:33 AM
  5. Daily fantasy leagues
    By hutmaster in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-20-2013, 12:17 PM