Thread: The Daily Show has a chance of being funny again

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

The Daily Show has a chance of being funny again

Trevor Noah is leaving. Guy was absolutely never funny on there, despite a team of highly paid writers. The show turned into complete shit after Jon Stewart left.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/29/enter...how/index.html

It's not clear why he's leaving. He said his "time is up" there. I wonder if they soft-fired him, but gave him the out to say it was his decision to leave.

Comments

splitthis: Blm……

Gold
    Load Metric
    There are so many big names who owe everything to their writers. Bill Burr and Joey Diaz are about the only two people I can think of who are funny af with no script.
    I'm glad Noah's leaving, he absolutely sucked.

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Noah was here last weeekend. Didnt go. SFO.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chaps' 2017-18 NFL $$ Thread

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Trevor Noah is leaving. Guy was absolutely never funny on there, despite a team of highly paid writers. The show turned into complete shit after Jon Stewart left.

It's not clear why he's leaving. He said his "time is up" there. I wonder if they soft-fired him, but gave him the out to say it was his decision to leave.

daily mail said he left b/c daily viewers were down to 366k from 1.5m. he sucked.

Load Metric

Its gotta be eating the left wing Hollywood and media types that Gutfeld on Foxnews is beating them in the ratings on late night.

Platinum
    Load Metric

And you think they are going to replace him with a...conservative? Or even a moderate??? LOL.

The next one will be a full on communist, although Noah was basically that anyway.

They don't care about ratings, or a good show, they want to make a political statement and nothing more.

Comments

devidee: Dude in a dress incoming.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    They already gave Samantha B the boot.

Show was terrible.

Load Metric
    Time to bring back Craig Kilborn.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Druff, someone who considers Steven Crowder to be a comedian.

Comments

splitthis: Libtard

ok25: Crowder is a grifting fuckhead but of course you need to deflect. Limited brain capacity. Keep wearing your helmet at all times you dunce

Silver
    Load Metric
    Most south africans are insufferable but this guy took the ball and ran with it like no other.

Joke thief and political pawn

Hope he gets caught up in some annual civil unrest back at home and transforms into a better version of himself

A lifeless corpse

Load Metric

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Now, I've watched 0.0 episodes with this guy, as well as my wife.

Over the years, we've occasionally had the misfortune of being caught having to watch the Daily Show commercials with this clown making his truly unfunny jokes. We just suddenly look at each other and just comment and sigh.

Now, show commercials are supposed to draw you in to want to tune in and watch the program, right? So you would normally have at least a couple of cuts of some of your best material...right?

I've never once heard him say a single thing that was even remotely funny on the commercials.

I can only imagine how bad the actual episodes were.

Load Metric
    I follow a fair amount of comedian podcasts. Never once have I heard Trevor Noah's name mentioned. I've heard shout-outs given to hack comedians that i never thought these people would give credit to (Larry the Cable Guy and etc) but never a peep on Noah.

Pretty much tells you all you need to know there. Guy has no respect in the comic community.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    I follow a fair amount of comedian podcasts. Never once have I heard Trevor Noah's name mentioned. I've heard shout-outs given to hack comedians that i never thought these people would give credit to (Larry the Cable Guy and etc) but never a peep on Noah.

Pretty much tells you all you need to know there. Guy has no respect in the comic community.
    Yup.

Load Metric
    He will probably end up on some new sports/comedy mashup show with Bomani Jones.

Load Metric
    I thought Druff said that “liberal comedy shows” never make fun of Dems?
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Okay. When the full demographic analysis comes out about why Trevor Noah’s viewership is so much lower than Jon Stewarts, it’ll probably be revealed that Trevor lost a huge number of Jewish voters. Well, because he’s not Jewish. And how many sell-respecting Jews are gonna want to watch a schwartze do comedy???
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    Okay. When the full demographic analysis comes out about why Trevor Noah’s viewership is so much lower than Jon Stewarts, it’ll probably be revealed that Trevor lost a huge number of Jewish voters. Well, because he’s not Jewish. And how many sell-respecting Jews are gonna want to watch a schwartze do comedy???
    Well, maybe THIS Schwartz[e].

Thread Information