Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Want To Be At Least Three Inches Taller? Got $70K? Then You Too Can Live The Dream!

  1. #1
    Diamond TheXFactor's Avatar
    Reputation
    1160
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    6,591
    Load Metric
    23707755

    Want To Be At Least Three Inches Taller? Got $70K? Then You Too Can Live The Dream!

    I Wish I Was a Little Bit Taller
    A growing number of men are undergoing a radical and expensive surgery to grow anywhere from three to six inches. The catch: It requires having both your femurs broken. GQ goes inside the booming world of leg lengthening.


    https://www.gq.com/story/leg-lengthening



  2. #2
    Canadrunk limitles's Avatar
    Reputation
    1630
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    In Todd's head
    Posts
    16,114
    Load Metric
    23707755
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    I Wish I Was a Little Bit Taller
    A growing number of men are undergoing a radical and expensive surgery to grow anywhere from three to six inches. The catch: It requires having both your femurs broken. GQ goes inside the booming world of leg lengthening.


    https://www.gq.com/story/leg-lengthening


    Want to be 70K in the hole and laughed at?

    Note the fashion sense of the new big man. Says a lot about life choices
    unbounded
    Never Forget



  3. #3
    Gold Ryback_feed_me_more's Avatar
    Reputation
    115
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Sin City
    Posts
    1,041
    Load Metric
    23707755
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    I Wish I Was a Little Bit Taller
    A growing number of men are undergoing a radical and expensive surgery to grow anywhere from three to six inches. The catch: It requires having both your femurs broken. GQ goes inside the booming world of leg lengthening.


    https://www.gq.com/story/leg-lengthening


    This isnt really anything new Im aware of. They used to do this for medical reasons on some people when they had very short legs and long bodies I believe it was like on midgets and such but the goal was just so they werent running around on stubs. Now lets use it for fucking dudes with stupid ass ego issues and trying to overcome their physical shortcomings. Just asinine.

    Name:  2da4455ea67b9083942eb1552fa968ab.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  59.1 KB

     
    Comments
      
      ShawnFanningsLimpDick: Sklansky's next girlfriend?

  4. #4
    Platinum
    Reputation
    345
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    3,966
    Load Metric
    23707755
    So what happens to the tendons and other associated things that can't be lengthened with a metal rod??

  5. #5
    All Sorts of Sports gut's Avatar
    Reputation
    640
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    4,134
    Load Metric
    23707755
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBornHustler View Post
    So what happens to the tendons and other associated things that can't be lengthened with a metal rod??
    I'm gonna go out on a limb (rimshot) and guess no one with leg extensions are doing much as far as athletics.

  6. #6
    Platinum
    Reputation
    345
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    3,966
    Load Metric
    23707755
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBornHustler View Post
    So what happens to the tendons and other associated things that can't be lengthened with a metal rod??
    I'm gonna go out on a limb (rimshot) and guess no one with leg extensions are doing much as far as athletics.
    I'm talking about living, not playing sports.

     
    Comments
      
      Sloppy Joe: Short faggot lol

  7. #7
    Platinum
    Reputation
    993
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,513
    Load Metric
    23707755
    Ol OSA is probably disappointed with where this thread went.
    When faced with a difficult decision, ask yourself "What would Micon do?", then do the opposite.

    PFA Rookie of the Year 2012: The Templar (unknown)
    2013: Jasep $5000+
    2015: Micon's gofundme legal defense $3k begging for 100k:
    2018: 4Dragons
    2019: Dutch Boyd: Mike Postle soul reader or rfid reader.
    2020: Covid19
    2021: SMIFlorida and some sort of shit coins for $50k
    2022: Brandon W leaking inner circle info like a sieve.

  8. #8
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    8440
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    48,971
    Blog Entries
    2
    Load Metric
    23707755
    I'm calling bullshit on that picture.

    First off, I don't believe the dude went from 5'11" to 6'2", as it would seem from that height marker behind him. He just doesn't look that tall, in either picture. Being tall myself, I can usually tell when someone has the body type where they look tall, even if they're not standing next to anyone. Once in awhile I'm wrong, but I doubt a guy who was a legit 5'11" would go through the expense and pain here just to go to 6'2". You're not gaining enough from that height difference, and his body just doesn't look it.

    Also, notice the "taller" picture features the original guy in different shoes (which seem a bit thicker in the soles), PLUS the Indian dude next to him appears to be in his socks now.

    The guys who would most benefit from this would go from something like a tiny 5'3" to a short 5'6", or a short 5'6" to an almost-average 5'9". But a guy who is 5'11" doing it? GTFO

  9. #9
    Diamond Sloppy Joe's Avatar
    Reputation
    904
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,356
    Load Metric
    23707755
    If this were real and I was short it would be a no-brainer. I'm 5'11".

    Basically every study out there suggests that being a short man is a legit disadvantage - professionally, personally, etc. Women definitely don't go for short.

    In the U.S. I've never been conscious of my height but when I lived in Nepal I was clearly much taller than the average guy (Google says it's 5'3"; anecdotally where I lived probably more like 5'5"-7) and could feel people defer to me more. The credibility offset the inconveniences of everything being designed for much shorter people. Don't think it was race related either, have been in other non-white areas and didn't notice.

    My wife is a mere 5 feet; really hoping for my son's benefit that he's my height or more.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

  10. #10
    Plutonium Sanlmar's Avatar
    Reputation
    3611
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    18,250
    Load Metric
    23707755
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    If this were real and I was short it would be a no-brainer. I'm 5'11".

    Basically every study out there suggests that being a short man is a legit disadvantage - professionally, personally, etc. Women definitely don't go for short.

    In the U.S. I've never been conscious of my height but when I lived in Nepal I was clearly much taller than the average guy (Google says it's 5'3"; anecdotally where I lived probably more like 5'5"-7) and could feel people defer to me more. The credibility offset the inconveniences of everything being designed for much shorter people. Don't think it was race related either, have been in other non-white areas and didn't notice.

    My wife is a mere 5 feet; really hoping for my son's benefit that he's my height or more.
    No brainer? Nerves, tendons, ligaments, skin & breaking legs?

    My only question is what site does xfactor go for his meme and fake news stuff

    Are you the guy who rode wormhole hard and it paid for extensive world travel? I have a mental block about that detail.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 09-22-2022 at 11:09 AM.

  11. #11
    Diamond Sloppy Joe's Avatar
    Reputation
    904
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,356
    Load Metric
    23707755
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    If this were real and I was short it would be a no-brainer. I'm 5'11".

    Basically every study out there suggests that being a short man is a legit disadvantage - professionally, personally, etc. Women definitely don't go for short.

    In the U.S. I've never been conscious of my height but when I lived in Nepal I was clearly much taller than the average guy (Google says it's 5'3"; anecdotally where I lived probably more like 5'5"-7) and could feel people defer to me more. The credibility offset the inconveniences of everything being designed for much shorter people. Don't think it was race related either, have been in other non-white areas and didn't notice.

    My wife is a mere 5 feet; really hoping for my son's benefit that he's my height or more.
    No brainer? Nerves, tendons, ligaments, skin & breaking legs?

    My only question is what site does xfactor go for his meme and fake news stuff

    Are you the guy who rode wormhole hard and it paid for extensive world travel? I have a mental block about that detail.
    LOL maybe not a no-brainer but I would think long and hard about doing what it takes to not be a short guy if I were one, even if it meant being up in a chair for a couple of months, provided assurance that I wouldn't be permacrimmed.

    Yes, w0rmh0le was quite good to me and funded travel along with paying off student loans, business investments, new car etc. while I was making the equivalent of like $400/month assisting on treks. Biggest issue each week was getting bets down, hard with Nepal IP address and connecting with people in the States.

    Most of the faggots here were skeptics or broke and are still poor, which clearly shows.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

  12. #12
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    8440
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    48,971
    Blog Entries
    2
    Load Metric
    23707755
    Shorter guys definitely are at a disadvantage in the dating world, as it is rare to get rejected for being "too tall" (unless you're freakishly tall), yet getting rejected for being too short is common, even by short girls.

    A number of the girls who dated me over the years either only dated tall guys, or cited my height as one of the major factors they liked about me physically. I have thought about how it would have been much tougher dating-wise if I were 5'7" or something like that. Most Jews are short, so I got especially lucky on that front (though my parents are both tall, so it was highly likely I wouldn't be short or average)

    My growth pattern was much different from that of my brother and sister. I was consistently tall as a kid, but did not have a growth spurt at any point. I just started out tall and kept consistently growing 2 inches per year, and stopped at 18 1/2. The only time I wasn't tall compared to my peers was in like 7th-10th grades, when a lot of other kids had growth spurts and were mostly done growing (especially the girls).

    My brother and sister started off very short, and stayed that way for a long time. Both were the shortest or near-shortest kids in their class for most of their time in school. Having only me (the oldest kid) to compare it to, my parents couldn't understand how they had 2 short kids, given their height and my height. My brother ended up having a huge growth spurt around 16 and ended up 6'. My sister also had a big growth spurt in her mid-teens, and also kept growing through age 17, which is very unusual for a girl. She ended up between 5'8 and 5'9. You'd never have guessed either of them had a chance at ending up that tall, if you knew them as kids.

    It doesn't matter that much if a girl ends up short, but for a guy, more height is better.

  13. #13
    Did IQs just drop sharply while I was away? Of course the first picture isn't real. It's not meant to be. It's illustrating how the relative heights of two people would change if one gained 3 inches. That's why they've removed/added footwear.

  14. #14
    Platinum
    Reputation
    315
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,630
    Load Metric
    23707755
    One weird thing about being tall is you donít really realize it until you see yourself in a photo or you see another tall person and realize you are the same height.

    Or you hit your head on something just low enough to be out of your field of vision.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Reality Star made $70k in a week selling Farts
    By Cerveza Fria in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-24-2021, 11:51 AM
  2. I have a dream
    By thesparten in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-02-2018, 12:45 PM
  3. everyone's taller than me.
    By LarryLaffer in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 07-29-2017, 02:39 PM
  4. How do you feel about dating taller chicks
    By splitthis in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 05-03-2015, 04:02 PM
  5. 75 inches bitches
    By adamantium in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 12-16-2014, 02:33 PM