Thread: Phantom of the Opera nyc is dd

Load Metric

Phantom of the Opera nyc is dd

Died of covid lost 1 mill a month during the epidemic couldn't recover. I saw it 20 years ago or so. Longest running play in nyc I believe. Closing in February.

Load Metric
    good, maybe they should've removed the mask and vax mandates

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FRANKRIZZO View Post
    Died of covid lost 1 mill a month during the epidemic couldn't recover. I saw it 20 years ago or so. Longest running play in nyc I believe. Closing in February.
    What's the point? Are you celebrating a long run on Broadway or throwing a natural epidemic under the bus.
    Died of covid? Good take.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FRANKRIZZO View Post
    What's the point? Are you celebrating a long run on Broadway or throwing a natural epidemic under the bus.
    Died of covid? Good take.
    fuck you, Canadian n-word

Load Metric
    I feel sad the run is over. Best play, opera I have seen. Covid really was the culprit end result for the shut down. I even got the music cd there.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Never saw the Broadway version. Guess I never will due to it closing.

Saw the Vegas version of it at Venetian. It was shortened, had no intermission, but was pretty well done. They actually had a giant chandelier near the front of the theater which "crashes" upon the audience when that scene occurs, though it barely stops short of actually hitting everyone. I wonder how many people got freaked out by that.

Laura Branigan's controversial "Self Control" video, from 1984, featured a character like The Phantom.

In the video, which took place and was filmed in New York City, night owl Laura is shown staring out at the city lights, and then going out on the town, where everything including the streets is wrapped in plastic. She dances at some sort of underground nightclub, and meets a mysterious man who looks very similar to the masked Phantom of the Opera. She eventually follows him to a hidden room on the property, where an orgy is taking place of various masked dancers. He grabs her, it's implied they have sex, and then when it's done, he gets up and walks away, and everyone in the room vanishes. It is then shown that the entire scene was a sexual fantasy of hers, and in reality she hasn't left her apartment.

The video, which is fairly tame by today's standards, caused controversy in 1984, when MTV wouldn't air it unless Branigan agreed to edit out the more racy parts. However, the song and video had explosive popularity in Europe, and MTV ended up playing the original version anyway.

In 2004, Branigan died at age 52 in her sleep after a series of persistent headaches, which she didn't bother to get treated. It turned out she had an aneurysm, and possibly could have been saved had she sought treatment when the headaches occurred. Her age was erroneously reported as 47 for some time, due to what appears to have been her management company lying about her age, in order to get her more gigs.

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chaps' 2017-18 NFL $$ Thread

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Never saw the Broadway version. Guess I never will due to it closing.

Saw the Vegas version of it at Venetian. It was shortened, had no intermission, but was pretty well done. They actually had a giant chandelier near the front of the theater which "crashes" upon the audience when that scene occurs, though it barely stops short of actually hitting everyone. I wonder how many people got freaked out by that.

Laura Branigan's controversial "Self Control" video, from 1984, featured a character like The Phantom.

In the video, which took place and was filmed in New York City, night owl Laura is shown staring out at the city lights, and then going out on the town, where everything including the streets is wrapped in plastic. She dances at some sort of underground nightclub, and meets a mysterious man who looks very similar to the masked Phantom of the Opera. She eventually follows him to a hidden room on the property, where an orgy is taking place of various masked dancers. He grabs her, it's implied they have sex, and then when it's done, he gets up and walks away, and everyone in the room vanishes. It is then shown that the entire scene was a sexual fantasy of hers, and in reality she hasn't left her apartment.

The video, which is fairly tame by today's standards, caused controversy in 1984, when MTV wouldn't air it unless Branigan agreed to edit out the more racy parts. However, the song and video had explosive popularity in Europe, and MTV ended up playing the original version anyway.

In 2004, Branigan died at age 52 in her sleep after a series of persistent headaches, which she didn't bother to get treated. It turned out she had an aneurysm, and possibly could have been saved had she sought treatment when the headaches occurred. Her age was erroneously reported as 47 for some time, due to what appears to have been her management company lying about her age, in order to get her more gigs.
    This is why ya dont ignore your body telling you shit. Know a few people this has happened to. Gnarly headaches ignored them or wrote them off as nothing without consulting a Doc and one night brain explodes.

Thread Information