Thread: Root for my good friend and old school limit pro oogee/Eugene Yanayt on HCL tonight

Bronze
    Load Metric

Root for my good friend and old school limit pro oogee/Eugene Yanayt on HCL tonight

He’s the OG chess grandmaster/poker pro. Made it through thick and thin these last 15+ years without fucking anybody over or taking shortcuts. They’re playing 25/50 plo just about to jump off.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SinglesHitter View Post
    He’s the OG chess grandmaster/poker pro. Made it through thick and thin these last 15+ years without fucking anybody over or taking shortcuts. They’re playing 25/50 plo just about to jump off.
    Interesting. I didn't know he was still playing poker. I remember him from many years ago.

Does he still play poker consistently, or is this just a one-off for HCL?

Bronze
    Load Metric
    He’s still a poker pro after all these years - though he probably cares more about his chess results. He’ll sit 2-7 on private sites and Stars (occasionally) but most of his play is online plo/plo5/big o at this point. I guess he started playing lhe (before my time) before moving to 2-7. Would be curious if you remember playing lhe with him back in the day, or if he’d moved to deuce before putting in much volume. Has played some marathon deuce sessions against Ivey, Gus, etc. Some serious lovable degen stories he’s got. We’re both currently banned from Encore Boston so we might kill some time with a poker/chess/gambling podcast or something like that.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    He’s still a poker pro after all these years - though he probably cares more about his chess results. He’ll sit 2-7 on private sites and Stars (occasionally) but most of his play is online plo/plo5/big o at this point. I guess he started playing lhe (before my time) before moving to 2-7. Would be curious if you remember playing lhe with him back in the day, or if he’d moved to deuce before putting in much volume. Has played some marathon deuce sessions against Ivey, Gus, etc. Some serious lovable degen stories he’s got. We’re both currently banned from Encore Boston so we might kill some time with a poker/chess/gambling podcast or something like that.
    Why are you both banned from Encore Boston? AP stuff?

Yes, I played with him some at limit holdem on Pokerstars. He had a weird playstyle and acted even weirder in chat. Eventually I realized the odd personality in chat was just an act, and he was a winning player. I had heard he became an excellent triple draw player, but I wasn't really a triple draw guy, so I never faced him there.

Overall we didn't have a lot of hands with one another.

I googled him just now and he seems like a really smart guy, between the chess success and the computer science majoring at UCLA.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    I still don’t understand exactly why I’m banned. It’s not a back-off but an actual trespass. It started a few years back when I was joking around and they alleged I capped a $75 bet with a $1k chip after making 21. As if the whole table didn’t realize I was joking and as if it’s even reasonable to think a player is putting a 1k chip on top of 3 green chips. I was attempting some AP but still not sure to this day if it was that or whether they thought I was up to no good in some other way. I had someone make a duplicate account for me in player rewards that seemed to obscure the notes on my old account and started going back. Last month I was playing with my friend (the server) and we were doing well and they looked deeper into my account. I’m not sure if they had extra concerns that I was attempting to compromise their staff or whatever. I showed up to the front desk to check into a room at midnight and the hotel manager politely told me they had to honor the original trespass and that was that.

Gene is probably just as confused about his ban lol. He allegedly “harassed” a waitress while intoxicated. He may have brought a little AP into the mix and he can’t remember what happened leading up to the ban, so we are both somewhat clueless about Wynn’s official stance on our respective cases.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Interesting. I didn't know he was still playing poker. I remember him from many years ago.

Does he still play poker consistently, or is this just a one-off for HCL?
    I know tonight’s game is a bit of a one off possibly. Normally it’s NLHE with various stakes but they’re playing PLO tonight. (Haven’t watched the feed been busy as Wife’s headed out to fly to JFK on a red eye tonight for 11 days family wedding this weekend and her 30th Reunion next weekend)

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I still don’t understand exactly why I’m banned. It’s not a back-off but an actual trespass. It started a few years back when I was joking around and they alleged I capped a $75 bet with a $1k chip after making 21. As if the whole table didn’t realize I was joking and as if it’s even reasonable to think a player is putting a 1k chip on top of 3 green chips. I was attempting some AP but still not sure to this day if it was that or whether they thought I was up to no good in some other way. I had someone make a duplicate account for me in player rewards that seemed to obscure the notes on my old account and started going back. Last month I was playing with my friend (the server) and we were doing well and they looked deeper into my account. I’m not sure if they had extra concerns that I was attempting to compromise their staff or whatever. I showed up to the front desk to check into a room at midnight and the hotel manager politely told me they had to honor the original trespass and that was that.

Gene is probably just as confused about his ban lol. He allegedly “harassed” a waitress while intoxicated. He may have brought a little AP into the mix and he can’t remember what happened leading up to the ban, so we are both somewhat clueless about Wynn’s official stance on our respective cases.
    Not too different from my bizarre Venetian ban. When I questioned it, they tried to ghost me. When I got a sympathetic party in the security department to advocate for me, I got a call from an upper level security employee, who acted shocked that I completely denied various strange allegations which 100% weren't true. I asked him to look at the tapes, which he insisted they still had. He promised to get back to me in 7 days.

He did not get back to me. When I called back, I was told that he straight up lied and said that I "understood" the reason I was banned, which was a complete lie.

I was given the head of security's e-mail, and I wrote a very nice letter to him. Crickets. No response. That was that.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Yup, numerous times I have asked and been told there is an appeal process and that I shouldn’t have much of an issue successfully appealing the trespass; but nobody seems to know either what that process is or even who to speak with to find out what the process is. So I just assume I’m persona non grata . .

Thread Information