https://twitter.com/vanessakade/status/1568736608257732608

(Druff's note: Vanessa apparently deleted the tweet, here is a recreation of it below, via Google Cache)

Quote Originally Posted by Vanessa Kade
I hope @GGPoker reviews the play for each player in the ladies event thoroughly... lots of sus advanced play on accounts with combined live and online earnings of only a few hundred to a few thousand $ maybe next time, require play with webcams on (only visible to GG)?

Now, keep in mind that Vanessa Kade has long had an issue with GGPoker. First they hired Dan Bilzerian as a sponsored pro, and she battled with them over that, especially after he called her a "hoe" in a tweet. Then, after months of bashing them, they terminated her recurring affiliate payments, citing (correctly) that she was failing to promote them by constantly bashing them.

So it's not a stretch to say that Vanessa will bash GG if she feels the opportunity comes up, and any criticisms from her should be taken with a grain of salt.

However, it also is reasonable that she could be onto something here. Online ladies events have long been exploited by men, who see weak fields and play on accounts of girlfriends, sisters, moms, etc.

In this case, Vanessa noticed that certain accounts running deep and playing well have sparse tournament results, which I agree is highly suspicious if it's happening with a large number of accounts.

While I think it's laudable that GG is attempting to hold ladies events (as women are less prominent in online poker than they are in live poker, where they're also in the minority), but there are too many obvious cheating opportunities. They should just quit running these unless, as Vanessa said, there's a requirement to have a webcam on you the entire time, which could be burdensome for GG to manage.