Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: campaign to get Druff on HCL

  1. #1
    Gold Ryback_feed_me_more's Avatar
    Reputation
    116
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Sin City
    Posts
    1,015
    Load Metric
    18534635

    campaign to get Druff on HCL

    I think Druff would do ok on their Monday feed the blinds arent high compared to say Fridays high stakes and a couple of them are majorly loose players like DGAF. Or perhaps the Thursday which is also a 5/5 game (but has a $100 BBA and seems to play a lot higher often closer to the big game on Fridays).. Tuchman could probably make it happen.

  2. #2
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    8234
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    48,083
    Blog Entries
    2
    Load Metric
    18534635
    I have considered asking to come on, and it's possible they'd say yes, for various reasons:

    1) The Hanson Kid is a frequent commentator there, and he is a regular PFA listener.

    2) Patrick Curran, who works behind the scenes at HCL, also listens to PFA.

    3) I have always had a good relationship with Ryan Feldman, and he appeared on PFA Radio in 2021.

    4) While not a big name in poker or a hot chick with my tits out, I am not a nobody, either. There would probably be at least mild public interest in my appearance there, plus a lot of interest from fans of PFA.


    I would just need to figure out which episode to appear. I would not want to play anything above 10/20.

  3. #3
    Plutonium Sanlmar's Avatar
    Reputation
    3529
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    17,835
    Load Metric
    18534635
    Does Druff have a marketable identity at the table? I’ve never really seen anything but the seat cushion spinning video after all these years.

    I suspect he’s probably pretty business-like.

    The Hanson kid and Druff could be a pretty entertaining pairing. They have history and both have a sense of humor. Does Druff adopt the “alt right guy”, “the old guy”, “the guy who should be in the booth instead of Hanson”. Need a persona

    Maybe Druff should be behind the mic.

    I’ll lobby Hanson if we want this to happen.

  4. #4
    Gold JeffDime's Avatar
    Reputation
    1203
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Brick City, USA
    Posts
    2,115
    Load Metric
    18534635
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Does Druff have a marketable identity at the table? I’ve never really seen anything but the seat cushion spinning video after all these years.

    I suspect he’s probably pretty business-like.

    The Hanson kid and Druff could be a pretty entertaining pairing. They have history and both have a sense of humor. Does Druff adopt the “alt right guy”, “the old guy”, “the guy who should be in the booth instead of Hanson”. Need a persona

    Maybe Druff should be behind the mic.

    I’ll lobby Hanson if we want this to happen.

    Druff can def get on the show with his relationships alone. The problem is there isn’t really a game for him. Monday is kind of a set lineup with a gimmick. It is 10/20, but from what I’ve seen it always turns in to 10/20/40. Tues/Thurs is the 5/5/100 ante game….which is really a 50/100 in disguise. The good players open raise $300. Vertucci buys in for 35K. Wednesday is usually 25/50 at least.

    Druff could def commentate but HLC is very strict with a one person booth. Nick gets in on Friday sometimes with Bart, but that’s the exception. They used to do limit streams on LATB back in the day and Druff would be perfect for that. Problem is they didn’t get much viewership, so I don’t believe HLC has ever spread it or ever will spread it on stream.

    They should find him a seat in the Monday game one of these nights imho.

  5. #5
    Platinum ftpjesus's Avatar
    Reputation
    500
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Mesa AZ
    Posts
    3,495
    Load Metric
    18534635
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffDime View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Does Druff have a marketable identity at the table? I’ve never really seen anything but the seat cushion spinning video after all these years.

    I suspect he’s probably pretty business-like.

    The Hanson kid and Druff could be a pretty entertaining pairing. They have history and both have a sense of humor. Does Druff adopt the “alt right guy”, “the old guy”, “the guy who should be in the booth instead of Hanson”. Need a persona

    Maybe Druff should be behind the mic.

    I’ll lobby Hanson if we want this to happen.

    Druff can def get on the show with his relationships alone. The problem is there isn’t really a game for him. Monday is kind of a set lineup with a gimmick. It is 10/20, but from what I’ve seen it always turns in to 10/20/40. Tues/Thurs is the 5/5/100 ante game….which is really a 50/100 in disguise. The good players open raise $300. Vertucci buys in for 35K. Wednesday is usually 25/50 at least.

    Druff could def commentate but HLC is very strict with a one person booth. Nick gets in on Friday sometimes with Bart, but that’s the exception. They used to do limit streams on LATB back in the day and Druff would be perfect for that. Problem is they didn’t get much viewership, so I don’t believe HLC has ever spread it or ever will spread it on stream.

    They should find him a seat in the Monday game one of these nights imho.
    They had some chick I’d never heard of tonight playing on the stream or should I say sitting there and nit folding I swear I think Mason would’ve played more than this Andrea chick did. Actually I think Mondays show would be ideal for him. They were mixing in NLHE and PLO tonight which Driff has been playing. No run it twice stuff and such either

  6. #6
    Plutonium simpdog's Avatar
    Reputation
    1875
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    10,077
    Load Metric
    18534635
    If they had a limit game I would love to hear Druff commentate.

    Unfortunately boring to watch though.


    Did watch a bunch the super high stakes week. In general like their setup and their players aren’t the best at poker but generate exciting action.

    Would tune in to watch Druff play. Perhaps a good night could help keep the lights on.

  7. #7
    Bronze
    Reputation
    31
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Posts
    110
    Load Metric
    18534635
    what kind of bankroll you comfortable with sitting down at the super high stakes HCL games? hiaving 100% of your wins/loses, you comfortable buying in for 10% net worth? 5%? 1%? 0.1%

    just curious. i think for a-one -of , major shot take , i might go 20-25% the games too juicy.
    "Just Do Your Job"

    "Discipline or Regret"

  8. #8
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    8234
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    48,083
    Blog Entries
    2
    Load Metric
    18534635
    Quote Originally Posted by aayjay View Post
    what kind of bankroll you comfortable with sitting down at the super high stakes HCL games? hiaving 100% of your wins/loses, you comfortable buying in for 10% net worth? 5%? 1%? 0.1%

    just curious. i think for a-one -of , major shot take , i might go 20-25% the games too juicy.
    Not a very high percent. I just would like to go on and play, not looking to really play high stakes.

  9. #9
    Gold Ryback_feed_me_more's Avatar
    Reputation
    116
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Sin City
    Posts
    1,015
    Load Metric
    18534635
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by aayjay View Post
    what kind of bankroll you comfortable with sitting down at the super high stakes HCL games? hiaving 100% of your wins/loses, you comfortable buying in for 10% net worth? 5%? 1%? 0.1%

    just curious. i think for a-one -of , major shot take , i might go 20-25% the games too juicy.
    Not a very high percent. I just would like to go on and play, not looking to really play high stakes.
    In truth I cant see anything other then their max pain Monday working for Druff since its 10/20 with the straddle to 40 at times.. Otherwise hes gonna need a backer whos willing to eat the loss with no makeup and split the winnings 50/50 potentially whatever they are. Still think it would be fun to see him mix it up with guys like DGAF although Id love to see him just crush that Linglin chick is shes playing. Shes so tilty at times love to know how she survives the swings she does at times. Some episodes shes lit $60k on fire before. (somebody in chat last week on Y! literally said she if she kept it up shes was gonna be giving happy endings at a massage parlor to rebuild her bankroll).

  10. #10
    Cubic Zirconia
    Reputation
    15
    Join Date
    May 2022
    Posts
    42
    Load Metric
    18534635
    Why not an 80/160 H.O. if they would have that game. Unless they only do nlhe. More importantly, what would the rest of the lineup looks like? If it’s like the hellmuth swan streamer game I’d like to buy some and then we can separate some of these kids from their monies

  11. #11
    Gold Ryback_feed_me_more's Avatar
    Reputation
    116
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Sin City
    Posts
    1,015
    Load Metric
    18534635
    Quote Originally Posted by SinglesHitter View Post
    Why not an 80/160 H.O. if they would have that game. Unless they only do nlhe. More importantly, what would the rest of the lineup looks like? If it’s like the hellmuth swan streamer game I’d like to buy some and then we can separate some of these kids from their monies
    They actually did a PLO stream last week I believe it was 25/50 (confirmed) on Wednesday. They were doing some NLHE and PLO mix last week as well one night. But usually they just throw PLO in there random for a hand or 2 or they do an entire stream of PLO like last week.

  12. #12
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    8234
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    48,083
    Blog Entries
    2
    Load Metric
    18534635
    I'm guessing they won't do any limit games because it makes for boring TV.

    25/50 PLO too big. Don't want to play that.

    Maybe I'll go on the 5/10 NL one provided it doesn't play insanely big. I'd have to watch a sample of it to get an idea. Of course, nobody has invited me yet, but as I said, I think there's a decent chance I could get in there if I asked.

  13. #13
    Diamond Tellafriend's Avatar
    Reputation
    1030
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    5,473
    Load Metric
    18534635
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Does Druff have a marketable identity at the table? I’ve never really seen anything but the seat cushion spinning video after all these years.

    I suspect he’s probably pretty business-like.

    The Hanson kid and Druff could be a pretty entertaining pairing. They have history and both have a sense of humor. Does Druff adopt the “alt right guy”, “the old guy”, “the guy who should be in the booth instead of Hanson”. Need a persona

    Maybe Druff should be behind the mic.

    I’ll lobby Hanson if we want this to happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    If they had a limit game I would love to hear Druff commentate.

    Unfortunately boring to watch though.


    Did watch a bunch the super high stakes week. In general like their setup and their players aren’t the best at poker but generate exciting action.

    Would tune in to watch Druff play. Perhaps a good night could help keep the lights on.



    I've been watching more of their streams lately, in large part due to the Mikki effect, but had also thought that Druff would do a good job as a guest commentator. You should give it a go, Druff.
    he tries to fly under the radar with his gay big words - Big Bird

  14. #14
    Silver Sandwich's Avatar
    Reputation
    65
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    966
    Load Metric
    18534635
    Great idea.
    Would be a fun watch with Druff as player or commentator.

  15. #15
    Silver
    Reputation
    170
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    772
    Load Metric
    18534635
    Tuchman announced on the stream last night that Doug Polk will be playing on HCL in 2 weeks.

    Would be kind of fun to see and hear Druff and Polk at the same table live. Might make for some good convos.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Extremely LOL online marketing campaign by Caesars
    By PLOL in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-17-2017, 03:44 PM
  2. The House on Hallow Hill - A 360° Ad Campaign by Target
    By 4Dragons in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-22-2015, 02:53 AM
  3. Replies: 49
    Last Post: 08-25-2015, 11:08 AM
  4. Viejas Launches Anti-PokerStars Ad Campaign In California
    By Shizzmoney in forum Casinos & Las Vegas
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-05-2015, 01:19 PM
  5. Obamacare ad campaign faggotry continues
    By Rollo Tomasi in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-29-2013, 10:58 AM