Thread: Jimmy Carter DD warning in full effect

Load Metric

Jimmy Carter DD warning in full effect

Entered a hospice

Politics aside

A genuinely good human. A good person making it into the White House could only have happened in response to Nixon.

Reagan much the same.

The Nixon episode was subsequently forgotten and we have had an uninterrupted succession of scumbags, crooks, and simple evil ever since

We will never see Carter’s kind again.

Comments

FRANKRIZZO: I liked jimmy

Load Metric
    He hasn't died yet so i think I'm clear from any “too soon”. He's the one President id let near my daughter. That said - he was a fucking terrible President.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    He hasn't died yet so i think I'm clear from any “too soon”. He's the one President id let near my daughter. That said - he was a fucking terrible President.
    This is absolutely fair.

I’ll say this. That he was a horrible President was universally the consensus even in real time. However, as the vile administrations (many I voted for like Bush) have rolled by his ineptitude and impotence has looked increasing better in comparison.

I’d snap take another 4 years of Carter over Binden.

Load Metric
    Pretty much universal approval for stuff done after presidency.

Will never happen again in this shithole country.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Agreed here.

Might have been a bad president in some respects, but I don't think there is anyone on this planet that can deny that he is genuinely a very good person. He's been building homes for Habitat for Humanity for years amongst other things.

A few years back he fell at home and ended up with a black eye and stitches etc on his face. So, what does he do? He immediately goes right back to building...all at the age of 95.

Hats off

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    This is absolutely fair.

I’ll say this. That he was a horrible President was universally the consensus even in real time. However, as the vile administrations (many I voted for like Bush) have rolled by his ineptitude and impotence has looked increasing better in comparison.

I’d snap take another 4 years of Carter over Binden.
    Carters going to die knowing Biden made him look competent.

Comments

splitthis: Lol

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Even at the time he left office, when his popularity was at its lowest, the general consensus was that he was a nice man who just wasn't built to be President. He was elected because he was the opposite of Nixon -- an honest, decent guy who seemed to earnestly want to do what was right.

Unfortunately, he was the opposite of Nixon in all ways -- and not all good. While Nixon was a talented politician who was good at foreign policy, Carter was the opposite of that. Carter also had no idea what to do about the stagflation issue which was rapidly worsening -- something we're seeing currently with another President who isn't quite so nice like Carter was.

Fortunately for Carter, he lived a very long time, and was able to do enough good things after his Presidency to where much of that will define him, rather than the pretty bad 1977-1981 years when he presided over the United States.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Even at the time he left office, when his popularity was at its lowest, the general consensus was that he was a nice man who just wasn't built to be President. He was elected because he was the opposite of Nixon -- an honest, decent guy who seemed to earnestly want to do what was right.

Unfortunately, he was the opposite of Nixon in all ways -- and not all good. While Nixon was a talented politician who was good at foreign policy, Carter was the opposite of that. Carter also had no idea what to do about the stagflation issue which was rapidly worsening -- something we're seeing currently with another President who isn't quite so nice like Carter was.

Fortunately for Carter, he lived a very long time, and was able to do enough good things after his Presidency to where much of that will define him, rather than the pretty bad 1977-1981 years when he presided over the United States.

Kind if amazing he lasted 40+ years.

GW might last thst long but i dont see the rest making it.

Gold
    Load Metric

They should re-write the All in the Family theme song and replace Herbert Hoover with Jimmy Carter

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by country978 View Post

They should re-write the All in the Family theme song and replace Herbert Hoover with Jimmy Carter
    Good old days were men where men and girls were girls so true. Just watched 2 episodes on me tv.

Load Metric

What’s telling is that by modern standards the reason for Nixon resigning and the foibles of Carter seem positively quaint by today’s standards.

It’s was all so innocent and first level. History reminds us how far we have slipped. Yet life is clever in that the generation that remembers firsthand is dead and the current generations lack informed perspective so it all seems groovy to them - if perhaps a bit off

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction.
    My boy was right.

Thread Information