Thread: RIP Richard Belzer

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

RIP Richard Belzer

DD at 78.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv...er-1235329813/

Something I didn't know until today was that he got his "Homicide: Life on the Streets" role because Barry Levinson was a Howard Stern listener, and thought Belzer would be perfect for one of the characters on the show.

Belzer was a frequent Stern show guest, which is how I knew him best. I only occasionally watched Homicide and Law and Order.

He was one of those guys who could eat anything he wanted and not gain weight.

Long time friend Bill Scheft said of Belzer's death in France, "He had lots of health issues, and his last words were, ‘Fuck you, motherfucker'"

That would be great if true.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    DD at 78.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv...er-1235329813/

Something I didn't know until today was that he got his "Homicide: Life on the Streets" role because Barry Levinson was a Howard Stern listener, and thought Belzer would be perfect for one of the characters on the show.

Belzer was a frequent Stern show guest, which is how I knew him best. I only occasionally watched Homicide and Law and Order.

He was one of those guys who could eat anything he wanted and not gain weight.

Long time friend Bill Scheft said of Belzer's death in France, "He had lots of health issues, and his last words were, ‘Fuck you, motherfucker'"

That would be great if true.
    He do wrote a great book about the JFK assasination. Weird these old school comics like Dick Gregory and their relationship with JFK….

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Remember him as the standup comic in Scarface.

Load Metric
    Have never sought out the Homicide TV show despite reading the book and being a comprehensive David Simon fan after seeing The Wire.

Always knew him from SVU. Honestly weird that character was adapted so many times, Belzer must have been cool.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Thread Information