Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: THE NFL 2022 Season Discussion & Picks Thread.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    I love fading the Cowboys in Prime Time. Jerry Jones must wantt out of the Dak deal already.

Herbert for MVP Daly or too chalky.

Trey Lance is not ready.

Aaron Rodgers become more unlikable every day.. He has a foot out the door.

Tom Brady can still sling it. 3 more years maybe.

Week 1 Overreactions

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Every single motherfucking team I teased....except for the Ravens....lost lol. I had Ravens in 5 different teasers with 1 other team each, every fucking one of them didn't cover WITH THE 6 POINTS.

Kill me. Off to a wonderful start.

This week we need to see the injury report, few very key guys could be back in Ronnie Stanley, JK Dobbins, and Marcus Peters. If the Ravens have guys banged up and they are playing a team like the Jets, they usually will hold them back. Dolphins aint the Jets, so we might see 2 or all of them back. If so, my confidence goes way up. But beating Ravens in Baltimore is almost impossible. Currently -3.5 which seems about right with the question marks on the injury front. I'm gonna hold til game day to see who is playing. I'm not betting on any other team until Ravens lose me money. Fuck that shit. Prefect spot for a moneyline parlay with them in it, but am I just gonna get fucking burned again by some clown show team on the 2nd leg?

Comments

Tellafriend: be careful, Miami may be good enough

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by aayjay View Post
    Hey guys, sorry something came up and I cant really break down games this weekend, I will try to write something up later tonight, or tomorrow morning, but if I cant get around to it I thought I would at least let you know what my picks are for my survivor contests.

My current picks for my multiple survivor contests week 1:

A> SAINTS
    B> COLTS
    C> RAVENS
    D> TITANS
    E> 49RS
    F> BENGALS

Good luck everyone. Since I don't have time to really go over the games does any one have any picks they really like? THANKS!

hahahahahahaha i lost 5 of 6 . regression to mean i suppose. i have done very well the past 3 seasons in survivors. still got 1 !

Was a brutal week for the favs. Maybe this will be a very interesting season?
    "Just Do Your Job"

"Discipline or Regret"

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I was impressed with the play of Seattle and QB Geno Smith on Monday night. If you are not that fond with Russell Wilson these days you could not script a better result. Seattle fans can always be counted to draw a penalty or two but were never more effective than against the Broncos.

It's only one game but it had a good look to it.

Speaking of looks, the picture of Geno Smith used in the broadcast immediately made me think of this.

Name:  geno-berry.png
Views: 226
Size:  400.1 KB Name:  chucksmith.png
Views: 222
Size:  495.6 KB

Geno Be Good

Green Bay - Minnesota was similar in that no one knew what to expect from the underdog.
    The importance of special teams was fully displayed in that "game".

Denver and Green Bay will not be phased by the results however.

Side note, I have never been an Aaron Rodgers fan. It might be his body language,
    I don't know, but I saw him on Bill Maher's second show where they just shoot the shit and he
    erased any negative ideas I had about him.
    Last edited by limitles; 09-14-2022 at 08:14 AM.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post

Side note, I have never been an Aaron Rodgers fan. It might be his body language,
    I don't know, but I saw him on Bill Maher's second show where they just shoot the shit and he
    Rodgers seems like a decent guy, not the smartest person who ever played football, but from all accounts hard worker who just hasn't had the team or coaches he needs.

Seems like a fun guy. His interviews with Pat on Tuesdays are fun.
    "Just Do Your Job"

"Discipline or Regret"

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by aayjay View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post

Rodgers seems like a decent guy, not the smartest person who ever played football, but from all accounts hard worker who just hasn't had the team or coaches he needs.

Seems like a fun guy. His interviews with Pat on Tuesdays are fun.
    I would say the opposite. He might be a little too smart for the NFL, which gets him into trouble.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I got my Giants pick right (see other thread, where I did a half moneyline and half spread pick, both won).

Here's who I think will win this week, for betting purposes:

New Orleans +125 moneyline (+2.5 ok) vs Tampa Bay
    Atlanta +10.5 at Rams
    San Francisco -8.5 vs Seattle

Comments

aayjay: Terrific Tom saw this post and was offended.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I got my Giants pick right (see other thread, where I did a half moneyline and half spread pick, both won).

Here's who I think will win this week, for betting purposes:

New Orleans +125 moneyline (+2.5 ok) vs Tampa Bay
    Atlanta +10.5 at Rams
    San Francisco -8.5 vs Seattle
    It's just like counting cards. Not. You might as well spend an hour or two at the wishing well or pray for rain.

Load Metric
    Lions Rundown:

D’Andre Swift, ran and ran then ran some more, he might be a legit running back. Now with a mild ankle injury heading into week 2 he should be ready to play but we all know how this may end. Before D’Andre the lions last 100 yard rusher was Kerryon Johnson who had 3 separate 100 yard games between 2018 and 2019, before that the last 100 yard rusher was Reggie Bush in 2013. Yes that Reggie Bush.

#2 overall draft pick Aiden Hutchinson was a beautiful flop, week 1 rankings for him by pro football focus puts him at 120 out of 121 pass rushers. Mickeycrimm would have been more mobile against the eagles.

Lions had a sellout crowd, playoff atmosphere to start the game, lol playoffs. They quickly found themselves down multiple scores before making a typical lions-esque comeback only to end the game with typical heartbreak. Womp Womp. Team = Joke??

Dan Campbell laid down a great foundation with some terrible clock mismanagement and that onside kick. Well atleast he isn’t Denver broncos coach Nathaniel Hackett. LOL

The offensive line that was supposed to make Jared Goff (tiny hands) a great game manager is officially fucked. Despite that the lions are actually favored to win against the Washington redskins, I mean football team, I mean commanders. Commanders of shit.

If you like dumpster fires this should be a wonderful matchup.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Mixed bag for Ravens injuries, not as good as I was hoping for. Have some money on them but not a lot relatively speaking. Key players still out for most part, except for Marcus Peters. But Marlon Humphrey has not practiced all week, so his status throughout the game is iffy. So that might even out with no other notables returning yet. No Nick Boyle (one of best blocking TE in league) and still no JK Dobbins means the run game will probably struggle again. Depending on what type of game Lamar is playing today. He was very hesitant to leave the pocket last week. Could have been the Jets and game plan, could have been the weather.....but he only ran a few times and only twice by design. Dolphins OL is banged up and so was Jets last week and Ravens Dline ran them over all game. That could be a key here too. I don't usually make 2nd half plays but this is a game where I might at halftime.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Posted a few more picks. No longer endorse the Saints one I posted earlier, though.

See the Wagering thread.

Comments

aayjay: beautiful recovery.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Posted a few more picks. No longer endorse the Saints one I posted earlier, though.

See the Wagering thread.
    See the wagering thread? No moron you post that crap there and that's it. No more fucking up this thread you idiot.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Ravens are scary good. Even down 4 very key players who should all be returning soon. Everyone said that WR was the weakness, but we all knew around here how good Bateman was....and now Duvernay is exploding right along with him. There just really aren't many weaknesses on this team if any. 28-7 at half and that was with a fumble on the 1/2 yd line and losing 7 there. Lamar is on fire, and that is with the run game still not being there. He is doing it all today with a perfect rating and 40 yds on ground so far.

At least I will have some money to play with for the 4:30 and SN games now.

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    the colts are so bad. might be worst team in the league. matt ryan should have retired.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chaps' 2017-18 NFL $$ Thread

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    why did the REDSKINS go for 2, down 8? im lost. dont you take the single, to be down by 7? fucking idiots.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chaps' 2017-18 NFL $$ Thread

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I will never post an in game update ever again.

2 completely busted coverages leading to long TD's in 4th quarter did it.

Miami has some flat out athletes on offense.

Comments

aayjay: hahahha

Load Metric
    Had 3 team parlay +170.

Dolphins plus. 9
    Packers -2
    Browns -1

Dolphins have amazing comeback. Browns score with 1:55 left to go up by 13. Kicker missed xp. No biggie unless a miracle occurs. Jets have no timeouts left. Browns kick. A few plays later, they hit a 65 yard bomb against prevent with 1:20 left. Oh well. Just recover onside kick. Nope. Jets recover. Drive the field and score TD to win by one. Browns win % was. 99.9% with 1:30 left and Jets at own 35. Assuming packers win by a FG, just incredibly gross even by Browns standards. 1 in a thousand literally.

Fuck the NFL.

Comments

Tellafriend: I had cle in several teasers. Hope they lose the rest of the season.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Had 3 team parlay +170.

Dolphins plus. 9
    Packers -2
    Browns -1

Dolphins have amazing comeback. Browns score with 1:55 left to go up by 13. Kicker missed xp. No biggie unless a miracle occurs. Jets have no timeouts left. Browns kick. A few plays later, they hit a 65 yard bomb against prevent with 1:20 left. Oh well. Just recover onside kick. Nope. Jets recover. Drive the field and score TD to win by one. Browns win % was. 99.9% with 1:30 left and Jets at own 35. Assuming packers win by a FG, just incredibly gross even by Browns standards. 1 in a thousand literally.

Fuck the NFL.
    dont worry packers will probably lose
    "Just Do Your Job"

"Discipline or Regret"

Load Metric
    Lions Update: The GRIT era has begun.

Load Metric
    Forget the game, what the fuck is up with Tom Brady's face.

Thread Information