Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: THE NFL 2022 Season Discussion & Picks Thread.

Load Metric
    POKER FAG ALERT! POKER FAG ALERT! FOR GAY SEX CONTACT SLOPPY JOE.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    Forget the game, what the fuck is up with Tom Brady's face.

That is weird. Has the look of having just lost a lot of weight. When I abruptly lost 32 pounds in 2018 within a little more than a month, my face got too thin for a little bit, but it quickly fixed itself.

Perhaps he gained weight during the offseason and then worked out and dieted a lot to lose it back. He's 45, so he might have an issue with gaining weight when he's not trying as hard to keep it off.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by aayjay View Post
    Hey guys, sorry something came up and I cant really break down games this weekend, I will try to write something up later tonight, or tomorrow morning, but if I cant get around to it I thought I would at least let you know what my picks are for my survivor contests.

My current picks for my multiple survivor contests week 1:

A> SAINTS
    B> COLTS
    C> RAVENS
    D> TITANS
    E> 49RS
    F> BENGALS

Good luck everyone. Since I don't have time to really go over the games does any one have any picks they really like? THANKS!

Have to check in here….. anyone who had the saints in week 1 for suicide knew what they were talking about.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    So after 2 weeks of bullshit I checked before game and Ravens were -2.5 so I shipped it all on them. Got back to even for the year. Then put some of those winnings on a Falcons +7 and GB +7 teaser. Looks like that is a win barring some fucking miracle. Now I need to bet the late game and keep this train rolling along.

It's early but Lamar is the NFL MVP right now and it might not be close. Look at his numbers.

Comments

aayjay:

Gold
    Load Metric
    Anyone have any footage of the Tua injury? I cant find anything. I was watching game but had walked away for a few minutes.

There is a report he is conscious and moving all his extremities fine now, which is good. Based on the description it seems what happened is what you see with boxing/MMA knockouts sometimes where the persons arms sieze, and it looks real bad, but when they come to they are mostly fine minus the concussion.

I have a Tua season yardage under. Strict injury play, as he is small and doesn't protect himself well (with predictable results), which is something I have noticed from his Alabama days.

I of course hope he is fine (or at least as fine as you can expect someone to be after having 2 bad concussions in 5 days). But I have to imagine he is going to have to sit out a few games at least, so bet should be good.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalam View Post
    Anyone have any footage of the Tua injury? I cant find anything. I was watching game but had walked away for a few minutes.

There is a report he is conscious and moving all his extremities fine now, which is good. Based on the description it seems what happened is what you see with boxing/MMA knockouts sometimes where the persons arms sieze, and it looks real bad, but when they come to they are mostly fine minus the concussion.

I have a Tua season yardage under. Strict injury play, as he is small and doesn't protect himself well (with predictable results), which is something I have noticed from his Alabama days.

I of course hope he is fine (or at least as fine as you can expect someone to be after having 2 bad concussions in 5 days). But I have to imagine he is going to have to sit out a few games at least, so bet should be good.

I initially thought he broke his fingers. He must be messed up. Nasty

Platinum
    Load Metric

It was one of those plays where a 340lber whiplashes the player down and his head bounces off the turf. Didn't put his weight on him just rag dolled him in such a way that he hit the ground pretty hard.

He is being released from hospital so he should be OK.

Of course had Dolphins in teaser at +10, back on the losing streak.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBornHustler View Post

Of course had Dolphins in teaser at +10, back on the losing streak.
    I had dolphins too, +4 & teased to +10 , unlucky , I think both still good wagers.
    "Just Do Your Job"

"Discipline or Regret"

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Any of you want to watch the Saints against Vikings, they started at 6:30am PDT (!!), due to playing in London.

Why couldn't they start this later? It was only 2:30pm in London at game time. Stupid decision. Start it 3 hours later and everything's cool.

I posted in the other thread, but my picks this week are Atlanta +100 and Indianapolis under 43.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Any of you want to watch the Saints against Vikings, they started at 6:30am PDT (!!), due to playing in London.

Why couldn't they start this later? It was only 2:30pm in London at game time. Stupid decision. Start it 3 hours later and everything's cool.

I posted in the other thread, but my picks this week are Atlanta +100 and Indianapolis under 43.
    They don't start it later because the world revolves around the east coast sports market, not the west coast. They want it on at 9:30 for the East Coast so they can have football from 9:30am to 11:30pm....and the most eyeballs.

Load Metric

They don't start it later because the world revolves around the east coast sports market, not the west coast. They want it on at 9:30 for the East Coast so they can have football from 9:30am to 11:30pm....and the most eyeballs.
    Kind of, but its all about the game having its own exclusive time window. I wasn't happy about waking up at 6 to watch my game (and basically forced to watch at home, no sports bars open), but there has been that argument from the east coast for years about moving up the time of sunday/monday night football so they can get their 8 hours of sleep.

NFL knows they can dominate TV viewing, they just need more windows. Fri-Sat off-limits, at least until after HS and college seasons end. I would not be surprised if, say a decade from now, there are tuesday and wednesday night games every week also. They would have to add an extra bye week for sure, and scheduling would be even more of a nightmare, but the NFL and the broadcasting partners both want that.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Lost Ravens/Bills over
    Won Atl/Jets teaser
    Won Giants straight up.

And for some reason I felt like I had to tease GB down to -2.5 instead of -3.5, and it paid off. Had them and Ravens +10 on a teaser.

And I waited for that FG to actually go thru the goalposts to post this lol.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Lost Ravens/Bills over
    Won Atl/Jets teaser
    Won Giants straight up.

And for some reason I felt like I had to tease GB down to -2.5 instead of -3.5, and it paid off. Had them and Ravens +10 on a teaser.

And I waited for that FG to actually go thru the goalposts to post this lol.
    Teasers are very -EV if you do them wrong.

With that said, getting -2.5 vs -3.5 is huge, so you did the right thing if you were going to tease.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Niners -2 and over 42 parlay.

Just for the fuck of it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    Forget the game, what the fuck is up with Tom Brady's face.

That is weird. Has the look of having just lost a lot of weight. When I abruptly lost 32 pounds in 2018 within a little more than a month, my face got too thin for a little bit, but it quickly fixed itself.

Perhaps he gained weight during the offseason and then worked out and dieted a lot to lose it back. He's 45, so he might have an issue with gaining weight when he's not trying as hard to keep it off.
    Bigger guess is theres major major trouble in paradise and Tom wasnt eating much and still may not during his time away from the team. Everybody assumed it was some goofy shit like him doing Masked Singer when clearly it was and remains major issues between him and Giselle on the home front. Dude is so pussy whipped and shes clearly threatened likely to leave his ass and rumor is hasnt been around Tom or the kids possibly and may have left him to deal with the kids since he promised to retire and be the kids care taker and then renigged. (My guess only and no real basis in fact per se but the rumblings are out there somethings wrong)

Load Metric

Go to Youtube and pull up the Chris Nowitski interview with Lebatard it pretty much explains it and how much malpractice was involved with them letting Tua play Thursday night. What happened was indeed a sign of a repeat brain injury and this time rattled his whole brain including the core brain functions. Nowitski is right he shouldnt play again this season at all but I wont hold my breath. Tua's gonna be lucky if he doesnt end up like the guy I knew in HS who evenutally played for U Tenn and then the Eagles, Tampa and Raiders and San Fran, whos now dealing with permanent mental disabilites from his concussions. (Google Charlie Garner.. He was a year ahead of me in HS graduated in 1990 in Fairfax County and was in Summer School with him one summer when I was trying to get extra credits so I only needed a couple to graduate my Sr Year). He literally has dementia and is the same age as Druff. His memory is shot to hell short term is almost nil and his long term is foggy at best..

This article is from 2017 and tells just part of it. I know a couple folks who know his current state and its very sad.. https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/...k1e3fmmftqte0j

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Kyle Shanahan is such a FUCKING PUSSY.

Fucking 19yd FG from the 1 you faggot.

Load Metric
    Oh shit. Things just got real. Bucs are screwed it appears and the speculation I posted is dead on. Reports are Brady and Giselle have hired divorce attorneys

https://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/to...05UNGdymnQ03iQ

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ftpjesus View Post
    Oh shit. Things just got real. Bucs are screwed it appears and the speculation I posted is dead on. Reports are Brady and Giselle have hired divorce attorneys

https://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/to...05UNGdymnQ03iQ
    Depends on your definition of screwed.

If anyone can compartmentalize and still show up every Sunday, shut out the distractions, and play a good game of football it is Tom Brady.

The NFC is really weak this year, especially the NFC South. Bucs are still pretty much a lock to make the playoffs, probably as a 2-3 seed. I don't think they are as good as last year, but I would have trouble naming 3 teams in the NFC better than them. Their run defense getting shredded by KC a couple nights ago was semi alarming, but I would wait a couple more games to see if it was just a one game blip or if this is a real thing they have to worry about moving forward.

Thread Information