Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Did the director of a Clark County office just murder a longtime Vegas reporter because of an article exposing bad behavior in that office?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    This really goes down as one of the dumbest crimes I've seen in awhile.

Why even bother to wear a disguise if you're going to leave it sitting around your house for 5 days, and you're the prime suspect they're likely to search?

Why drive your own vehicle there and park down the street, figuring nobody in the neighborhood has a Ring camera?

If it weren't for the lol disguise, I would have thought he actually wanted to get caught.

I wonder if Roberta Lee-Kennett's husband is going to divorce her, now that the entire world knows that she was banging her murderous boss?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    This really goes down as one of the dumbest crimes I've seen in awhile.

Why even bother to wear a disguise if you're going to leave it sitting around your house for 5 days, and you're the prime suspect they're likely to search?

Why drive your own vehicle there and park down the street, figuring nobody in the neighborhood has a Ring camera?

If it weren't for the lol disguise, I would have thought he actually wanted to get caught.

I wonder if Roberta Lee-Kennett's husband is going to divorce her, now that the entire world knows that she was banging her murderous boss?

This guy was an HVAC repairman turned lawyer. Clearly there is a lot of scam schools out there where you’re getting through by simply showing up. That he passed the bar would make you think he can’t be completely retarded, but he strikes me as largely stupid.

You have to know if you go into some new role as boss and your actions are going to upset everyone, the last thing you can be doing is fucking some co-worker. That’s legit retarded. It’s Vegas. Go fuck any of the other hundred thousand women around town who would be interested in banging a lawyer with a little political clout. Show a little discretion. The same idiocy that made him bang a co-worker is the same idiocy that made him not throw away the shit.

He probably really thought he was on a roll. Dude is thinking I used to fix the AC and now I’m a big shot lawyer and politician. Everything about the crime strikes me as arrogant. He gets that gig, all of a sudden the young chick wants to fuck him because he’s the boss, dude is high on life, and that reporter took it all away just when he finally arrived. His arrogance lead to him thinking he pulled off a clever crime, probably didn’t think people would assume him, and he just wasn’t nearly as smart as he imagined he was.

At least the AC on his cell block will be ice cold for the next 35 years.

Comments

Dan Druff: lol ice cold ac

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    BUMP

Insane Robert Telles is going to represent himself at the murder trial.

This picture pretty much says it all:

Here's the article about it: https://nypost.com/2023/03/01/ex-pol...self-at-trial/

He went through three lawyers before deciding to just go at it alone. He is an attorney himself, but never practiced any form of criminal law.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BUMP

Insane Robert Telles is going to represent himself at the murder trial.

This picture pretty much says it all:

Here's the article about it: https://nypost.com/2023/03/01/ex-pol...self-at-trial/

He went through three lawyers before deciding to just go at it alone. He is an attorney himself, but never practiced any form of criminal law.
    A man who is his own Atty has a fool for a client.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    BUMP

All this time I thought that Robert Telles was just a control freak who cleaned up a corrupt office, made enemies, had an affair, lost an election because those enemies exposed the affair to a LVRJ reporter, and then murdered the reporter.

I said both in this thread and on radio that the one positive thing about Telles was that he was legitimately trying to end abuses in that public administrators office.

Well, looks like he was just as corrupt as those employees he disciplined for slow-working cases and abusing overtime.

Apparently Robert Telles was under investigation since 2020 for a house-flipping scheme, where he was alleged to have arranged for houses of the deceased to be sold cheaply to someone associated with him, and then the houses would be flipped for market value, and he'd get a healthy cut.

This was brought out by Telles himself, who claims that he wants all of the files on that case, believing that he had been illegally surveilled. His defense seems to rest upon introducing doubt in the jury's mind, but showing a corrupt Las Vegas police department out to get him. He feels if he can prove misconduct in the alleged bribery case (the house-flipping scheme), he can show that police probably engaged in misconduct in the murder investigation, too.

That's a reach, but I guess it's his only shot.

Here's the LVRJ article about it: https://www.reviewjournal.com/crime/...ation-2804969/

Thread Information