Thread: The Weeknd ruins people's weekend in LA by quitting concert mid-song

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

The Weeknd ruins people's weekend in LA by quitting concert mid-song

The Weeknd had Friday and Saturday concerts at SoFi Stadium in Inglewood, CA. He got through the Friday concert normally, but just 4 songs into the Saturday concert, he didn't appear on stage, and then showed up to announce that the concert was over.

It turned out that he blew out his voice while "yelling" during the previous song, and couldn't continue. He told everyone they would "get their money back", but it's not clear what that looks like.

A PFA listener was at the concert, and told me they had not yet been contacted by TicketDisaster regarding any kind of refund.

SoFi Stadium, located at the former Hollywood Park Racetrack site, is where the Rams and Chargers play. It has 70,000 seats, and is mostly located underground, due to height restrictions because of its proximity to Los Angeles International Airport.

Comments

dwai: lol

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    The Weeknd had Friday and Saturday concerts at SoFi Stadium in Inglewood, CA. He got through the Friday concert normally, but just 4 songs into the Saturday concert, he didn't appear on stage, and then showed up to announce that the concert was over.

It turned out that he blew out his voice while "yelling" during the previous song, and couldn't continue. He told everyone they would "get their money back", but it's not clear what that looks like.

A PFA listener was at the concert, and told me they had not yet been contacted by TicketDisaster regarding any kind of refund.

SoFi Stadium, located at the former Hollywood Park Racetrack site, is where the Rams and Chargers play. It has 70,000 seats, and is mostly located underground, due to height restrictions because of its proximity to Los Angeles International Airport.

What should a singer/performer do if during a concert they truly lose there voice to the point they cannot continue? Or maybe if not the voice, some other injury, some kind of illness etc. Should they lip sync? Or try to sing and sing terribly? Or try to take a break for 15 minutes etc. Seems like a shitty situation for everyone.
    "Just Do Your Job"

"Discipline or Regret"

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Yes, it appears he probably lost his voice and was in a bad spot. If he couldn't continue, his only two options were to quit or to lip sync. It's also possible he couldn't lip sync because perhaps they weren't set up to do so.

The most famous case of "lost voice" lip syncing was this, back in 2004:

However, it's unclear if Ashlee Simpson really had a lost voice that night, or if she simply wasn't confident she could sing well enough live without the studio post-production making her look competent. When she attempted to perform without lip syncing in 2005, at the Orange Bowl, it was a disaster.

I do wonder if there will be any kind of legal recourse against The Weeknd if they end up not actually giving a full refund, as he promised. He may have just sad that out of shame, but perhaps they're going to try to hold a makeup concert in lieu of a refund.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    By the way, I've seen recent discussion of the Ashlee Simpson incident, and now today's lefties are claiming it was "misogyny" which caused such a backlash against her, given that many performers have been known to lip sync live performances. "So why was it such a big deal?", they asked out loud. "It's because she's a young woman, and the patriarchy loves magnifying their missteps."

But that's not really it.

Ashlee Simpson was already seen as inauthentic prior to this incident. She took on an emo/scene sound and look, which many felt was manufactured in order to differentiate her from more famous sister Jessica. Furthermore, many felt she hadn't truly earned her place as a famous musician, and was simply piggybacking off her sister's fame.

This incident cemented the narrative in people's mind that, yes, Ashlee Simpson was a phony.

Also, I should point out that Milli Vanilli had their careers completely ruined fifteen years earlier, back in 1989, also due to a televised lip syncing incident. The only difference was that Milli Vanilli never really sang at all on their albums, whereas Simpson did. However, it should be noted that Milli Vanilli were two males, and the public was even harsher on them than they were to Simpson.

Load Metric
    lol name the faggot pfa listener who was at the show

Bronze
    Load Metric
    No way will there be a refund - maybe he’ll do a special gig at discount price for the affected concert goers. And then change his name or something.

And if that’s enough to ruin Labor Day weekend, that’s a sad story on its own

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    By the way, I've seen recent discussion of the Ashlee Simpson incident, and now today's lefties are claiming it was "misogyny" which caused such a backlash against her, given that many performers have been known to lip sync live performances. "So why was it such a big deal?", they asked out loud. "It's because she's a young woman, and the patriarchy loves magnifying their missteps."

But that's not really it.

Ashlee Simpson was already seen as inauthentic prior to this incident. She took on an emo/scene sound and look, which many felt was manufactured in order to differentiate her from more famous sister Jessica. Furthermore, many felt she hadn't truly earned her place as a famous musician, and was simply piggybacking off her sister's fame.

This incident cemented the narrative in people's mind that, yes, Ashlee Simpson was a phony.

Also, I should point out that Milli Vanilli had their careers completely ruined fifteen years earlier, back in 1989, also due to a televised lip syncing incident. The only difference was that Milli Vanilli never really sang at all on their albums, whereas Simpson did. However, it should be noted that Milli Vanilli were two males, and the public was even harsher on them than they were to Simpson.
    She was also awful when singing.

One of the great examples of riding a siblings coattails.

This was when Jessica Simpson was famous for being really hot and completely retarded. Then she got fat.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    You could make the argument that this Gringo did people a favor by cutting the concert short. His music sucks and he saved them the torture of listening any further.
    En boca cerrada, no entran moscas

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerveza Fria View Post
    You could make the argument that this Gringo did people a favor by cutting the concert short. His music sucks and he saved them the torture of listening any further.
    I'd imagine that you're the first person to ever refer to the wknd as gringo.

Load Metric
    This song with the Swedish House Mafia is probably his best right now.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntmissioner View Post

Didn't know he was a Canadian. Should have called him a "Hoser" instead.

Probably 700 of his posts( half) he says the word gringo or bashes Canadians. This Kunt has a major inferiority complex and tries to act like he's a big shot of some sort. This insecure Spic is a total fucktard !

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by PROUDBOY MAGA 2024 View Post

Probably 700 of his posts( half) he says the word gringo or bashes Canadians. This Kunt has a major inferiority complex and tries to act like he's a big shot of some sort. This insecure Spic is a total fucktard !

If you're gonna be racist, at least get the slurs correct. Not Puerto Rican = Not a Spic.

I didn't bash all Canadians. I bashed 1 Canadian who had zero talent and makes shitty music.

Oh,and you spelled Cunt wrong.

Comments

Bilbodoggins: tiene razon. Caso cerado!

Load Metric

Didn't know he was a Canadian. Should have called him a "Hoser" instead.
    Ethiopian-canadian iir

Gringo seems lacking.

Comments

Cerveza Fria: Didn't know his heritage. You're correct

Load Metric
    Doctors cleared him for Sept 22nd in Toronto

PHEW

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    His video for his most successful song, "Blinding Lights", supposedly takes place in Vegas, but is obviously mostly shot in LA.

I had thought this was because Vegas refused to shut down the streets for him to film his many driving and walking-the-street scenes, but apparently LA wouldn't do this, either (I just googled it and read about it). So they just did this late at night and tried to get times when the streets were empty.

I also wondered if he was gay, but apparently he dated Bella Hadid and Selena Gomez, so maybe not.

Thread Information