Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Attention fat cheapskates: Can you eat this in 30 minutes in order to get it free?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Attention fat cheapskates: Can you eat this in 30 minutes in order to get it free?

The Luxor has the "Do It In Public Challenge", where you have to eat 4 double cheeseburgers, a basket of "loaded" fries, and drink a 22 ounce shake in 30 minutes.

If you do, you get it free, and you get some T-shirt commemorating your willingness to risk your long term health to get a free meal and a t-shirt.

They don't state how large the patties are. but I'm guessing they are 1/2 pound, making it 4 pounds of meat, plus a ton of cheese and bread, plus the fries and shake.

But of course, there's a catch. It's 79 fucking dollars. So if you fail, you'll be out $79 plus tax plus tip just to overstuff yourself with burgers.

I don't know if anyone has successfully done this in the 30 minutes allotted. Some YouTube videos exist of this being eaten, but they don't show proof they really finished it all.

You guys have seen me eat on Live at the Bike. Do you think I could do this?

Comments

Forum Wars: Served on a mini pallet. LOL.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I did once eat a 16 inch pepperoni pizza in 10 minutes, but that was when I had borderline hypothermia from skiing all day in 15 degree weather in Tahoe, so that probably doesn't count. The lost body heat made me extra hungry.

Load Metric
    What kind of disclaimers must one sign to take part?

It strikes me as legit dangerous to try if you’re over 30, and not in the cholesterol, you’re fat, it’s shit food way. Just mechanically shoving that much shit into your mouth quickly and swallowing it all.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

It strikes me as legit dangerous to try if you’re over 30, and not in the cholesterol, you’re fat, it’s shit food way. Just mechanically shoving that much shit into your mouth quickly and swallowing it all.
    https://static.mgmresorts.com/conten...house/menu.pdf

**Participation in the Public Challenge is voluntary and at your own risk. By participating, you release Luxor and its affiliates from all liability and damages.

I gave myself a heart attack and literally all I got was this lousy t-shirt.

Comments

BCR: About right. Feels like a serious attempt is 50/50 to end up in urgent care visit. You’d have to drink shake last to even attempt it, and you’re throwing that shit up everywhere and choking.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

yup, its disgusting. Please don't even bother trying this, Druff. I definitely would not want to see a spectacle such as that.

Load Metric
    Some random fat dude would never accomplish it. Those competitive eaters are more like circus freak show performers who have somehow trained for it. Closer to sword swallowers than gluttons. They’re skinny dudes or skinny Asian chicks who would be in the Jim Rose Circus if they chose a different line of work. Some drunk fat kid, who is the only one dumb enough to try it, isn’t going to come close.

Load Metric
    that's 2 burgers too many

i'd try tho

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

The Luxor has the "Do It In Public Challenge", where you have to eat 4 double cheeseburgers, a basket of "loaded" fries, and drink a 22 ounce shake in 30 minutes.

If you do, you get it free, and you get some T-shirt commemorating your willingness to risk your long term health to get a free meal and a t-shirt.

They don't state how large the patties are. but I'm guessing they are 1/2 pound, making it 4 pounds of meat, plus a ton of cheese and bread, plus the fries and shake.

But of course, there's a catch. It's 79 fucking dollars. So if you fail, you'll be out $79 plus tax plus tip just to overstuff yourself with burgers.

I don't know if anyone has successfully done this in the 30 minutes allotted. Some YouTube videos exist of this being eaten, but they don't show proof they really finished it all.

Check out beard meets food on youtube for a good laugh. He'd finish this one in less than 10 minutes probably less than 7 minutes if time dictated it.

Comments

tony bagadonuts: Agreed

Platinum
    Load Metric
    The milkshake is what would kill any chances that is a slick little throw in that makes it almost impossible.

Still couldn't do it with water, nor would I want to.

Load Metric
    79 bucks seems expensive. Probably should be 50.

Doing this for free is just so negative EV. Not like you going to enjoy it at all and you gonna feel shitty the rest of the day. Maybe if you actually got something more than just a shirt like a 100$ GC.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Check out beard meets food on youtube for a good laugh. He'd finish this one in less than 10 minutes probably less than 7 minutes if time dictated it.
    You are correct sir. Only a professional has a chance at beating this challenge and they actually make it look easy.

Load Metric
    This is from nearly two years ago, probably from around the time the Luxor's Public House burger challenge first started. Spoiler: she says (at that time) it has never been done before and she...does it! Pretty gross, I skipped to the end. Her buddy does it too.

Load Metric
    No fucking way anyone can finish it...without getting diabetes
    En boca cerrada, no entran moscas

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Wars View Post
    This is from nearly two years ago, probably from around the time the Luxor's Public House burger challenge first started. Spoiler: she says (at that time) it has never been done before and she...does it! Pretty gross, I skipped to the end. Her buddy does it too.

Pretty impressive eating for a medium sized woman. Disgusting too. But I couldn't look away...

Load Metric
    god help me i feel like i could probably do this.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Name:  Screen Shot 2022-08-20 at 4.57.54 PM.png
Views: 345
Size:  10.4 KB

hollar

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    if i still lived in vegas id absolutely 100% roll these dice as a journey of self exploration.

Comments

Sanlmar:

Load Metric
    spoiler id make it through about 3 naked hamburger patties and a handful of fries and then walk away.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Wars View Post

I also found it gross watching her stuffing her face and licking her fingers constantly, and fast forwarded as well.

I saw this before I posted the thread, but didn't include the video because I couldn't find proof she actually finished it. She doesn't show the t-shirt or the money taken off the bill, right?

I don't trust anything from a YouTube "influencer" unless I see pretty convincing proof.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    By the way, I wouldn't be able to do this for the simple reason that I hate cheeseburgers. I only eat plain burgers, so any stuff on the burger would be a no-go for me. My only chance at finishing a meal like this would be if I liked the taste of everything.

If you took away the cheese and the lettuce/tomato/sauce/whatever, I might be able to do it, but I'd feel really sick afterwards, so no chance I'd do it just for a free meal and a t-shirt. I would consider it if it were some kind of large prop bet, but again only if I was able to leave off the stuff I didn't like. There's no chance I could eat a lot of food I found unappetizing.

Thread Information